Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Got too high last night and fell down when I got up out of my beanbag chair.

I woke up to my cat sniffing in my mouth.

E:i bet he was getting ready to start eating my face. Little bastard wouldn't even wait for me to be cool first.

i did this last year. smoked hella weed, played videogames for 6 hours without moving (thanks covid lockdown) and when i stood up my blood pressure was all hosed and i fell over and woke up about an hour later on the floor with a sore noggin from hitting the tiles in the kitchen.

10/10 would smoke weed again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I waked and baked and then bit a 100mg edible in half and watched Dune with the dog.

Stoked to go to the dispensary and see what kind of Indicas they got. Place always has the dankest poo poo and spin the wheel for 50 on Sunday. Any strains I should try?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I love scruffy dogs

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

el B posted:

I love scruffy dogs

oh you like scruff do you?

nice luxurious scruff? huh?

well what do you think of this scruff?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

Any strains I should try?

*.*

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my cat is an rear end in a top hat who can sense when i wake up for a few seconds in the middle of the night. THEN he gets up and starts prodding me with one single claw from every direction (including standing on my headboard staring straight down at me :catstare:) as soon as im drifting back to sleep

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My cat must be broken. He doesn't test bite, mostly sleeps through the night on the bed with me and the dog, and likes belly rubs just enough to not claw anyone over 3 seconds of tummy scritches.

He's super anxious for attention at bed time, but seems to respect my space when I'm asleep. If I'm napping in the recliner, he'll nap on me. All in all, he's a great cat for still having his nuts. His poor, FIV+ nuts (he was likely born with it, he was a stray).

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We have one cat who's super broken. She's like 13 and 5 lbs and just the loving weirdest animal I've ever been around. Still love her to pieces tho.

Which cigarette rollers are meant to be used for weed too? I want to get one to make some super easy joints for Christmas presents but also definitely mostly for myself (I am lazy and don't want to hand roll sorry)

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My little mean calico is just chillin next to me and I only have a couple hours of work this afternoon then I'm going to get my covid booster.

Then I'm going to get monstrously high and eat mexican food.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

God I just want this workday to end so I can get baked out of my gourd tonight. This daylight savings time and seasons changing poo poo loving kills me.

edit: gas station burrito lunch cheered me up some

owls or something fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 12, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

We have one cat who's super broken. She's like 13 and 5 lbs and just the loving weirdest animal I've ever been around. Still love her to pieces tho.

Which cigarette rollers are meant to be used for weed too? I want to get one to make some super easy joints for Christmas presents but also definitely mostly for myself (I am lazy and don't want to hand roll sorry)

Pretty much any of them. I've had the most luck with the basic pair of rollers wrapped in whatever fabric you see at any headshop. I've tried a cigarette tube stuffing machine to make cigarette cigarettes with weed; it was mostly a waste of weed, but the concept was proved.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The cheap 2 roller and cloth/plastic sheet are the way to go.

The kind that stuff a tube are fine for tobacco but poo poo for weed because of how sticky it is. There's a few other contraptions out there, but the simple 2 roller thing is easily the best way. Just load, close, insert paper gum up, lightly pull front roller (the shifting one) towards you with your thumbs, apply light pressure to the rear roller (fixed) to ensure a tight roll. That last part is the trickiest thing about those rollers, so I generally mean very light pressure, not a lot of resistance, just enough to tighten things up.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Looking forward to scooping out a chunk of butter and just throwing it into some Chinese food or something instead of going through the trouble of baking edibles. I'm recovering from a cold at the moment -- no smoke until all the phlegm is gone.

owls or something posted:

I've woken up to my cat reaching her little paw in my mouth to find the snore monster. It's... disorienting.

fuctifino posted:

If I'm sleeping too deeply, my cat does exploratory bites in my thighs and sometimes my adam's apple to see if I'm dead enough for his own brain parasites to allow him to eat me.

This has nothing to do with weed, but I had to teach myself to wrap my comforter/blanket around my head in such a way that my cat wouldn't be able to chew on my eyelids but I would also still be able to breathe fresh air.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a cat who waits until I'm lying down in bed and then she'll walk onto my pillow, get under the duvet, walk down under the covers to around my waist, turn around, pop her head out from underneath and then collapse against me. Sometimes she collapses facing me and puts her paws on my face and her nose on my nose, but mostly collapses against me and then I cuddle her like a teddy bear and we both fall asleep. Often she falls asleep before I do and starts to snore which is very cute.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Perfect, I ordered one off Amazon that looks exactly like that. Thanks team!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
First joint I roll with it is gonna be Blue Dream w/ Grandaddy Purp hash/kief sprinkled in

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
question... i have the magical butter machine and in the end you have the concoction you have to filter. it comes with a bag thing with a filter on one end but the problem is the butter/oil/what have you is very hot at that point and it's very difficult to really squeeze everything through. it's also annoying to clean after. i have to imagine this is a solved problem. what's the easiest way to filter this stuff that's also easy to clean?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
pour it through folded cheesecloth or stacked coffee filters?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I forgot about the goodness collecting in the bottom of my grinder...

Hee hee.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Crimson Harvest posted:

pour it through folded cheesecloth or stacked coffee filters?

thing is, pouring it isn't really enough, i gotta put a good squeeze on it, which is hard because it's really hot and then tends to come out the top of the bag instead of passing through the filter. i needs some setup like in a bucket i can step on or something

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Mozi posted:

thing is, pouring it isn't really enough, i gotta put a good squeeze on it, which is hard because it's really hot and then tends to come out the top of the bag instead of passing through the filter. i needs some setup like in a bucket i can step on or something

I don't understand, just wait for it to cool down...?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
then it gets really thick and hard to strain. even if it is a little cooler it's hard to get through the filter. i want to be able to really press it

thinking, if i take a bucket and put a hole in the bottom, line with cheesecloth, put that in another bucket, pour the stuff in the first bucket, put another bucket on top and step on it, that might work

i was just thinking there must be some device that solves this problem already

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bowcat demands to go under the duvet these days, and he stretches out his back along my chest, and tucks his head under my chin. I'm normally holding onto a paw of his with my outstretched arm. It's like having my own person hot water bottle that's powered by methane.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Mozi posted:

i was just thinking there must be some device that solves this problem already
gloves?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Cheesecloth and silicone oven mitts.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

ok man when i put on the gloves that come with the machine and squeeze the bag it barely helps, takes forever, and spills out and makes a mess. because at the end of the day it's difficult to filter, and i need a way of just putting the whole batch in some container and pressing it on it for a length of time with my entire body weight. like a giant aeropress or something

i've done this dozens of times and tried the obvious things, i am not just looking to make my life more complicated for no reason

Sedgr posted:

Cheesecloth and silicone oven mitts.

this does not work well, it's a lot of oil or butter. trying to squeeze it all by hand sucks

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 12, 2021

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
we found the guy they made the juicero for

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

question... i have the magical butter machine and in the end you have the concoction you have to filter. it comes with a bag thing with a filter on one end but the problem is the butter/oil/what have you is very hot at that point and it's very difficult to really squeeze everything through. it's also annoying to clean after. i have to imagine this is a solved problem. what's the easiest way to filter this stuff that's also easy to clean?

maybe a food mill

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

maybe a food mill

it's a lead...

maybe it's worth clarifying that the machine blends and cooks the weeds so it's not just shredded, it's completely pulped, making it much more difficult to strain out. i also tend to use a high weed to oil ratio. oh yeah and i also use glycerin to make tincture and that is also hard to strain (though easier to clean than oil)

i mean it's a great machine and it has good results, just has this one very annoying step in the process. it's not like squeezing it doesn't work, it just sucks

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 12, 2021

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

butt dickus posted:

we found the guy they made the juicero for

lmao

okay but the Weedero is totally different,

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I haven't used one of those budder machines, but I would think there is some room between scalding and solidified.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

it's a lead...

maybe it's worth clarifying that the machine blends and cooks the weeds so it's not just shredded, it's completely pulped, making it much more difficult to strain out. i also tend to use a high weed to oil ratio. oh yeah and i also use glycerin to make tincture and that is also hard to strain (though easier to clean than oil)

i mean it's a great machine and it has good results, just has this one very annoying step in the process. it's not like squeezing it doesn't work, it just sucks

you need a centrifuge

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

el B posted:

I haven't used one of those budder machines, but I would think there is some room between scalding and solidified.

there is, really at the end of the day i don't like squeezing this bag for half an hour trying to get it to go through the bottom instead of escaping through the top. if its hot i wear the gloves but it's still a pain in the rear

anyways it looks like what i need are brew bags for filtering beer and an apple press or similar like this https://www.amazon.com/Tincture-Tab...6749667&sr=8-16

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Finally got my hands on some hash thanks to eaze, this poo poo liked my post and killed me instantly

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Velvet Witch posted:

Finally got my hands on some hash thanks to eaze, this poo poo liked my post and killed me instantly

where do you live? i use eaze sometimes in LA and have not yet seen proper hash but thats cool if they are starting to carry it

edit: also im currently up in the bay area and looked at the eaze menu here and there's a whole section for some extra bougie brand advertised as "for the experienced canniabis consumer", selling eigths for $72. i never paid that much even in illegal days :psyduck:

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 13, 2021

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I left a cart out overnight and of course my dumb dog chewed on it, the mouthpiece is bit to poo poo and I'm afraid to pull from it for fear of inhaling loose bits of glass

really I should be grateful that he wasn't able to get to any of the oil, I couldn't forgive myself if he were to get sick from my own carelessness

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My dogs have gotten into edibles a couple of times over the years and each time they just seemed to get stoned and have a good time laying around for the day

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My cat screams in my face when he can smell an indica he wants. If I don't exhale in his general direction, he'll literally stick his face up to my mouth and nose and scream until I do.

I think my cat has a drug problem.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah my dog definitely hangs around me closely when she starts smelling it, haha. She loves it. I don't blow it at her or anything, but she just hangs around me until she goes off to take a nap lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Earwicker posted:

where do you live? i use eaze sometimes in LA and have not yet seen proper hash but thats cool if they are starting to carry it

edit: also im currently up in the bay area and looked at the eaze menu here and there's a whole section for some extra bougie brand advertised as "for the experienced canniabis consumer", selling eigths for $72. i never paid that much even in illegal days :psyduck:

I got loose hash zkittlez for like 20 bucks and i live in the same spot actually