Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

She has pushed against Pelosi plenty of times and voted against the freaking infrastructure bill!

She's pushing hard for progressive ideals but that's never, ever going be enough for leftist but for whatever reason keep applying that standard.

I think a big part is that people wanted a fighter, not a crier. Cry in the loving supply closet like the rest of us do, have some loving dignity.

And don’t vote for Iron Dome, super easy not to do that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mellow Seas posted:

I've really noticed how you have no problem with people painting "liberals" with a broad brush but get super prickly whenever anybody criticizes the character of actual right-wingers.
I notice how whenever Willa posts, others seem to post their opinions about them a lot

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Charliegrs posted:

CNN is saying that the justice department has submitted an indictment for Steve Bannon. So can this be challenged?

Unless I'm missing a step, traditionally the challenge to the indictment is called a trial.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It's become nigh-impossible to find in the absolute raging sea of content about AOC to drown in, but in one of her very first campaign videos (or TYT interviews or something) she made strong signals that she'd fight for a floor vote on medicare for all, even if it meant she only wound up being a one term politician. She's not produced a floor vote on medicare for all, and the party seems to be happy to actually circle the wagons around her rather than try and eject her for an liberal-oppositional ideology.

In short, by all appearances, she's become the very thing she promised to fight vehemently against.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

World Famous W posted:

I notice how whenever Willa posts, others seem to post their opinions about them a lot

Willa is our AOC. :allears:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

selec posted:

I think a big part is that people wanted a fighter, not a crier. Cry in the loving supply closet like the rest of us do, have some loving dignity.

... are you referencing when AOC was tearing up while recounting January 6th and how she was in mortal fear that she was very possibly going to be raped and/or killed by the mob?

I've seen leftist make fun of her for crying / expressing emotions and I think it is supremely hosed up.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

... are you referencing when AOC was tearing up while recounting January 6th and how she was in mortal fear that she was very possibly going to be raped and/or killed by the mob?

I've seen leftist make fun of her for crying / expressing emotions and I think it is supremely hosed up.

That and calling her (and Bernie) "domesticated"

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

She has pushed against Pelosi plenty of times and voted against the freaking infrastructure bill!

Yeah, that was good. But her record didn't start a year into her tenure, and if you want internet progressives to forgive her for raising their ire, maybe a single vote that went the wrong way when most of the elected progressives set fire to their own agenda isn't the magic bullet to make their supporters enthusiastically supportive again.

If she keeps fighting terminally online leftists will like her again.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

Uuuuuuuhhhhh…. no. I’m pretty sure they are talking about how Pelosi bullied her into changing her vote to “present” on the Iron Dome thing.

As a side note it’s incredible to me how pathetic congressional progressives are. It’s GOOD if you shut down the Democrat’s agenda and make them look like poo poo. Blue dogs have only 2 arguments: “we can get elected” and “we can get legislation (however imperfect) passed”. Blocking them not only gives you bargaining power, it robs them of these talking points and makes you a more viable alternative.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

How are u posted:

Cowering in fear in a separate building, only a short tunnel between her and certain death.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Electoralism is a Kobayashi Maru for the left. Refuse to play with one of the two corporate owned and operated parties and face irrelevance. Play along with them and you're neutered into irrelevance and please no one, because you're fighting a war on two fronts: one against a GOP who hates you no matter what, and another against chickenshit centrists in the party who don't want to "make waves" by actually helping the 'little people'. I don't blame AOC; it's bound to happen to anyone who tries to buck the ruling class on their turf.

e: To clarify, I'm not against AOC at all. She has been disappointing, but I think she's genuinely trying to do the best she can and the party is fighting her at every turn. The only constituents Democratic leadership (at the very least) give two shits about are billionaires and corporations. That's abundantly clear and has been for a long time. But anyone would be disappointing in her shoes; that's the problem.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 12, 2021

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Zeron posted:

Any precedent set by a ruling like this is overruled by the existing precedent of "The law exists to gently caress over minorities, the poor, and the left."
True

Imagine if Ahmaud Arbery had an AR-15 and defended himself. Any doubt he'd be convicted of 1st degree murder?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
d&d: toxic masculinity is a big deal problem it’s terrible, terrible!

also d&d: wahhhh wahhh wahhh! it’s me, AOC, the big crybaby congresswoman who cries like a fraidy cat!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How are u posted:

Look, AOC has had an amount of power that is greater than zero for three years and problems still exist, therefore she is an inhuman monster and any expression of emotion on her part is calculated and false and deserves our ridicule.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

People on the left dislike AOC because they think she's full of poo poo, and personally I agree with them. I didn't always but it's become very clear over the last year. The completely nonsensical rationale she came up with for not even being willing to do a symbolic "no" vote against directly funding a fascist ethnostate was the last straw for me

TheIncredulousHulk fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 12, 2021

selec
Sep 6, 2003

idiotsavant posted:

d&d: toxic masculinity is a big deal problem it’s terrible, terrible!

also d&d: wahhhh wahhh wahhh! it’s me, AOC, the big crybaby congresswoman who cries like a fraidy cat!

It’s alright to cry. I do it all the time. Just not in front of clients or my loving boss. Like it or not, it’s not a position of strength to get bullied into crying on camera by a member of your own party. Would I prefer this world?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/158042815128023040?s=21

Yes, but we don’t live in it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"People on the left" also can't wait to turn on anyone they formerly praised and constantly hunt for reasons to be let down and miserable and wallow in themselves. It reminds me of the pro wrestling threads in Punchsports where over time anyone good turns out was always bad.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

How are u posted:

She did do a very performative photo shoot of her crying at a fence for some immigrant detention center parking lot that may or may not have been empty at the time. That sowed a lot of doubt in many, myself included, if she really means the things she says.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Does anyone really think Biden cares about his approval? The man isn't running for a second term. He's struggling at times publicly in the first year out of potentially 8. And lol if the Democrats think Kamala is electable in 3 years. The whole party is absolutely hosed once this crop of ghouls dies. At least the Republicans see this issue and have been shifting some of their leadership in the house to a younger demographic.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zotix posted:

Does anyone really think Biden cares about his approval? The man isn't running for a second term. He's struggling at times publicly in the first year out of potentially 8. And lol if the Democrats think Kamala is electable in 3 years. The whole party is absolutely hosed once this crop of ghouls dies. At least the Republicans see this issue and have been shifting some of their leadership in the house to a younger demographic.

It'll just be Vote Biden No Matter What (your lying eyes tell you)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm watching this lawyer for "Roddy" the 3rd dude involved in The Arbery trial cross exam a cop that was working the case, and God drat does he sound like a bad lawyer.

Almost every other question the lawyer asked was objected to.
Lol.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

If it'd between Biden and Trump well that's a supremely easy choice to make.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

The only way Harris is electable in three years is if she's the incumbent Dem president by then, with Buttigieg by her side; the idpol dream team.

And even then, it's not a lock, just a way to shut out Dem primary challengers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Have some good news on a Friday

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1459262561061412867?s=21

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I'm only surprised Bannon is being charged with the thing he is clearly doing. I expected they'd punt because, uh, decorum or something

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zotix posted:

Yeah, well, they still have McCarthy at the top and that guy is as much of a zero-appeal wiener nobody as anybody in the Democratic leadership. They also put a bunch of effort into hyping up Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan, who were complete flops. Don't mistake the Democrats being bad at things for Republicans being good at them - Republicans are everybody as stupid and self-defeating as Democrats.

I think Joe does want a second term, just for ego reasons; it's "embarrassing" to be a one term President, even if you were too old for that one term in the first place. An upside of lower approval ratings is that he is more likely to retire. I'm sure Kamala will run, but I don't think the party is going to back her in a crowded field (because they've noticed how she's a terrible politician) and she sucks out loud enough that she'd lose a primary just as easily as she lost the last one.

Seriously, if the party was going to do an all-out push for Kamala '24/'28 we would be seeing a lot more of her than we do, which is almost none, because the party knows she's an embarrassment.

Lib and let die posted:

What's with this "lying eyes" talking point that's going around, did you all hear it on one of your lefty podcasts or something? :smug: (Not a sincere sentiment, just making fun of something Lib and let die said about the phrase "one weird trick" - just having some fun with a forum wars deep cut, you're good bro.)

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I reside in AOC's district. Thanks thread for reminding me to call her office to thank her for doing a decent job in the face of so many calls for her to do terminally online twitter performative junk that would gain nothing and might backfire tremendously all the while facing death threats and insults from the right.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hot drat! I thought it'd never happen, good show.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Rosalind posted:

I reside in AOC's district. Thanks thread for reminding me to call her office to thank her for doing a decent job in the face of so many calls for her to do terminally online twitter performative junk that would gain nothing and might backfire tremendously all the while facing death threats and insults from the right.

Don't forget to ask when she's going to push a vote on Medicare for all like she promised

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
unless i've missed something, pretty much the entirety of the left backlash aginst aoc is from specifically some of the twitter left and the jimmy dore types, the latter of whom idk if we're still even calling them left at this point

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Willa Rogers posted:

The only way Harris is electable in three years is if she's the incumbent Dem president by then, with Buttigieg by her side; the idpol dream team.

Truly, the future is bleak.

How are u posted:

If history is anything to go by, it's not an easy choice for everyone. It comes down to like 10,000 people in 3 states or something like that at this point, and given the timeline we're in, I assume they all post in FYAD, so the election will be decided ironically.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Hopefully the next one is for Meadows who no showed today for the 1/6 hearings.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

How are u posted:

Yup, that'd very easily be one more vote for whoever the Green party is running from my precinct in Broward County :)

Yeah, you're just loving adorable.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I mean it's frustrating that despite progressives supposedly growing stronger each year, they still somehow have absolutely 0 power in anything that matters and aren't willing to stand up at all to the establishment (on a national level). But it's a bit silly to focus on AoC for that when it's all of them.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Zeron posted:

I mean it's frustrating that despite progressives supposedly growing stronger each year, they still somehow have absolutely 0 power in anything that matters and aren't willing to stand up at all to the establishment (on a national level). But it's a bit silly to focus on AoC for that when it's all of them.

Yeah I mean regardless of what the individual members' intentions are, the progressive bloc isn't a serious political project. In practice it isn't much more than a marketing gimmick

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Theres no safe kind of leftist to be online except the sensible kind that isnt at all. A lot of the people dogpiling AOC also dogpiled Lee Carter for being the mean kind of commie that will kick the hostage into the bottomless pit

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

:getin: (the squad car)

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Harold Fjord posted:

Don't forget to ask when she's going to push a vote on Medicare for all like she promised

I talked to a nice man on her Queens office constituent line and cited this as a specific example of something I was glad she didn't do.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

unless i've missed something, pretty much the entirety of the left backlash aginst aoc is from specifically some of the twitter left and the jimmy dore types, the latter of whom idk if we're still even calling them left at this point

Even Bernie has had people hitting him from the "left" since the end of the primary. There is always a better Scotsman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

People on the left dislike AOC because they think she's full of poo poo, and personally I agree with them. I didn't always but it's become very clear over the last year. The completely nonsensical rationale she came up with for not even being willing to do a symbolic "no" vote against directly funding a fascist ethnostate was the last straw for me

Yea I gave her a lot of slack since she has been tarred by both republicans and democrats from pretty much day one, but that vote was the last straw for me as well.