Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibbon
Feb 22, 2004
chang chang!

DaveKap posted:

Yeah this season is nailing Greg's aloof lines. I wonder how much of those were written vs pure ad-libbed because they're almost too genius to be ad-libbed.

The creator of Succession also created Peep Show and Greg is very Peep Show in the best way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gibbon posted:

The creator of Succession also created Peep Show and Greg is very Peep Show in the best way

I nearly did a spit take when a guy called Stefan Strauss appeared in Succession. I wish they'd gotten the same actor and opened a shared universe can of worms.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
a Triumvirate of Greg, Marcia's son and Connor will control the day-to-day. Connor, after doing the due-diligence none of the other kids wanted to bother with, will turn out to be the most competent of the kids.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Professor Spatula posted:

I'm not really clear on why Roman is so fixated on the tattooed homeless guy. Obviously, it's a lovely thing to do and makes Kendall look bad, but it's also not really relevant to the issues at hand. It seems unlikely that publicizing this guy's photo would really hurt Kendall, since he still has the facts of the situation behind him. Was it just a way to have Gerri get in some more mentoring when she cautions him about the blowback? It also seems a bit tacked on following Shiv's letter, since it's just another iteration of "Kendall has problems".

As always, I love Karl and Frank's little facial expressions when Shiv is trying to butt in on the negotiations with Sandy.

I also must have missed it, but did we see Greg sign the papers? I don't remember that during Greg and Tom's scene, but then Shiv and Logan are both talking about it later.

We definitely did not see Greg sign the papers - I thought it was weird they didn't show that since this show is full of liars and we were supposed to go on their word.

Re: tattoo guy. I wonder if this is meant to show that Roman, out of all of them, is the one who is willing to go out on his own and get poo poo done. Shiv is walking around doing her father's bidding and not doing it well, Kendall is at war with him, Connor has his hand out and is totally ungrateful...but Roman it trying to get out there and create something. I mean, not a GREAT something because it makes him look bad, but still.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DaveKap posted:

Yeah this season is nailing Greg's aloof lines. I wonder how much of those were written vs pure ad-libbed because they're almost too genius to be ad-libbed.

I've also wondered this often about Greg but mostly Roman. He just has all of these amazing little throwaway comments, like towards the end of the last episode.

He struts into Gerri's office and someone opens the door for him, he says, "after me," which was probably an instruction to the lower ranking guy but I laughed because I hadn't heard a reversal of the common courtesy "after you" before and was perfectly keeping with how Roman views the world and interacts with others.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
TV rules are if it wasn't on screen it didn't happen so I don't think Greg signed anything.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/nocontextroyco/status/1458947655778783232?s=20

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This made me laugh so hard. This show can be so funny.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

cheese eats mouse posted:

TV rules are if it wasn't on screen it didn't happen so I don't think Greg signed anything.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the same goes for Kendall and any potential drug use. I've noticed we've seen no shots of him tooting up this season...is he actually clean?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah, I'm wondering if the same goes for Kendall and any potential drug use. I've noticed we've seen no shots of him tooting up this season...is he actually clean?

I think there will be a "big reveal" that he's been getting high this entire time. He seems unreasonably manic for being in what is kind of an untenable position.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Wouldn’t be much of a reveal since that’s what everyone is already assuming about him

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Plus he's still with Naomi, who seems to simultaneously regulate and indulge him.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I loving love stewie. Just sees right through roy bullshit

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

The floating focus in this episode is annoying

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This episode is wild. I’m having a heart attack over here

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Piss-mad

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
It would be great to get the body up there.

I just lost my poo poo.

george soros irl
Nov 12, 2005

make friends and then buy & sell money always
I’m not going to start my conversation with the president by saying ‘hey blow me’ oh hi Mr. President

Roman is the chosen one

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How can I sue someone, but, like, in an affectionate way?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Every time they put Greg and Kendall in the same shot they make Kendall look three feet tall. :lol:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The shareholder vote or non-vote went about as expected. In a show called Succession, the Roys aren’t going to lose control over the company midway into the third season. That is a final season story line. I’m glad we got this out of the way, because in a show that is quite a tour de force, the shareholder vote always seemed like when a network drama has its titular character in mortal peril.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Jess's face during the second rabbit phone call is one of the most obvious gags this show has gone for so far and it just absolutely destroyed me

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

The shareholder vote or non-vote went about as expected. In a show called Succession, the Roys aren’t going to lose control over the company midway into the third season. That is a final season story line. I’m glad we got this out of the way, because in a show that is quite a tour de force, the shareholder vote always seemed like when a network drama has its titular character in mortal peril.

even if all of their schemes fail and they lose control of the company, the family is still worth billions. each of the main characters prolly has at least a few hundred million to fall back on (maybe except for connor?), plus an army of advisors, lawyers, goons, etc. who'll always be there to do their bidding so they're never in any real danger or in any serious trouble. for the rest of their lives, they'll never want or need for anything.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
tom what the gently caress

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
KENDALL WHAT THE gently caress

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Succession s3: "You don't need me to uh... hold the scepter?"

that loving rabbit lol

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

withak posted:

Piss-mad

I was cracking up every time they said piss mad.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
hmm. yeah. this was a good episode but my concerns ab the show continuing to walk back and go around in loops are still here. last season the shareholders meeting was the big armaggedon but it ended up being a pretty "bloodless" affair. feels like their setting up for another big twist at the end of the season that will then be slowed down when next season starts.

i wonder how many seasons total they plan to have for this show. i know they said 5, but it feels like they could easily go for 8 at this speed. wondering if their leaving that option open.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
President Conner now and forever

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I love how Conor comes in talking about how he heard that the White House is in uproar like that isn’t rumors that their channel has started pushing everywhere. Then everyone totally ignores him as he casually tries to offer to be the one to talk to the president.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Poor Tom, he just wants to gently caress a Roy for once, instead of being hosed by them.

The show is totally going to end up with Greg owning the company, and Connor POTUS.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As someone who has had many UTIs as a kid, Piss Mad is spot on.

Shiv getting iced out after saving the company while Roman is all :smug: is hopefully building up to something, please oh please

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMAO at Roman talking to the president

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Who is President on the show? They keep saying "Raisin" which is what Roman used to call Trump but I could have sworn Biden was President on the show.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

clown shoes posted:

Who is President on the show? They keep saying "Raisin" which is what Roman used to call Trump but I could have sworn Biden was President on the show.

pretty sure its a fictional president, so neither

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

clown shoes posted:

It is generic Republican president

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I hope we see more of Peter Riegert. James Cromwell is at his best here as a crotchety old curmudgeon. “You don’t take him for a loving ride!!” :mad:

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I hope we see more of Peter Riegert. James Cromwell is at his best here as a crotchety old curmudgeon. “You don’t take him for a loving ride!!” :mad:

Telling Greg to "grow up" while Gramps has been living as an absolute hypocrite his whole trying to wash his hands as he nears death was a great moment.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
"I would have figured it out" yea right old man. You would have yelled and blustered and Sandy would have sat there making more petty demands until the vote hosed all of you over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

enjoyed the irony of Shiv being in basically the same situation that Ken was at the beginning of the show and also choosing to bleed control of the company to save it

not really sure why Sandy was supposed to have some major reason to settle though, isn't the vote the exact thing he was going for? why throw away basically a coin flip to destroy his longtime enemy in exchange for some minor concessions?