Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Those millions of vape artists sitting on the fence will surely make or break this election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Small target but big cloud strategy.

Labor are Geniuses.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The tax on beer is virtually non existent. The real winning strategy would be specifically cutting the liquour tax on bourbon and only bourbon

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
"ScoMo doesn't care about the tax on premix Woodstock 12%. As far as we know, ScoMo has never drank a premix Woodstock 12% in his life. Can you really trust him with the economy?"

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

MikeJF posted:

that's necessary

https://twitter.com/andthomsydney/status/1131079954962165760

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The tax on beer is virtually non existent. The real winning strategy would be specifically cutting the liquour tax on bourbon and only bourbon

is this you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZt1rA_CNk

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Schneider Inside Her posted:

"ScoMo doesn't care about the tax on premix Woodstock 12%. As far as we know, ScoMo has never drank a premix Woodstock 12% in his life. Can you really trust him with the economy?"

This would completely unironically do more to get the working class of this country to vote against the LNP more than anything the Labor party have done since Bob Hawke necked a yard glass of beer

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kind of adjacent to the subject.

Does anyone buy ScoMo's "daggy suburban dad" schtick/persona?

Do people believe it? Respond well to it? Actually think that is who he is?

Because, (and I am biased because I hate the oval office), to me it looks like the phoniest cringiest bullshit made up act ever. So, whilst I presume he does it because it tests well, but I honestly wonder if anyone actually believes it.

Coz there is heaps of footage of him awkwardly holding a can of beer, "you know like an everyday guy", and stuff like that for PR opps, but failing and doing it super awkwardly.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Because, (and I am biased because I hate the oval office), to me it looks like the phoniest cringiest bullshit made up act ever. So, whilst I presume he does it because it tests well, but I honestly wonder if anyone actually believes it.

Coz there is heaps of footage of him awkwardly holding a can of beer, "you know like an everyday guy", and stuff like that for PR opps, but failing and doing it super awkwardly.

Counterpoint: Australians are incredibly loving dumb and more or less incapable of critical thought.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

Counterpoint: Australians are incredibly loving dumb and more or less incapable of critical thought.

lets go sharkies!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ever since they mentioned the "pub test" ScoMo's been trying to play the role and just sucking at it.

It might work in photos, but in motion you can't help but see his sneering contempt for everything he's saying and everyone he's saying it to.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I don’t see any reason to believe our voting public is smarter than America’s and half of them thought some generational millionaire that stiffed every contractor he’s ever hired was some working class hero

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Young white men are absolute using "how good is" as an unironic nod to scomo who they think is a ripper legend.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Scomo had terminal marketing brain (even though he had been fired from marketing jobs multiple times.) I don't think he's had a genuine emotional response in public apart from the few times he's gotten fed up with reporters and snapped a little..

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
House next door to mine just sold for 1080000. Biding started at 850000. Last sold in 2006 for 310000. 3 bedrooms, 2 bath and a single car garage in Melbourne. There was only 2 Asian bidders who were half my age, though the one who won I think was doing it for someone else online.

The indicated sale price was 850000 to 900000.

Shits hosed Yo.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 13, 2021

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Comstar posted:

House next door to mine just sold for 1080000. Biding started at 850000. Last sold in 2006 for 310000. 3 bedrooms, 2 bath and a single car garage in Melbourne. There was only 2 Asian bidders who were half my age, though the one who won I think was doing it for someone else online.

Shits hosed Yo.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i know people who do and theyre exactly like youd imagine

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

JBP posted:

Young white men are absolute using "how good is" as an unironic nod to scomo who they think is a ripper legend.

"un"ironic

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I don’t believe you

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

realbez posted:

I don’t believe you

My housemate started saying it whenever something good happened for him in a boardgame, and now I can't stop saying it

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kazzah posted:

My housemate started saying it whenever something good happened for him in a boardgame, and now I can't stop saying it

Because you think scomo is a legend

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Legend of Scomo: The Hand Shaker.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

realbez posted:

Because you think scomo is a legend

Turn on ur monitor

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Tommunist posted:

Turn on ur monitor

How good are monitors?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

How good are monitors?

Great I just wish realbz wasn't a big nerd!!!!

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Comstar posted:

Shits hosed Yo.

It's loving bananas. House next to me went for sale yesterday. We saw the real estate agent photographers there the other day so we new they were selling. I guessed they'd try and be ambitious and put it up for 850k ( we literally live in a tiny hamlet in the middle of nowhere in central Vic about 1hr
15 from the city). Saw the ad today. 1.25mill. They bought the place 10 years ago for like 350k.

Madness.

Tomberforce fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 13, 2021

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Quote! = edit.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

another trump rally in melbourne today

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I am like 99% positive Morrison didn't invent saying "how good is!"

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

freebooter posted:

Where the bloody hell are ya?

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

freebooter posted:

I'm 100% positive (to the nearest 0.0000001%) https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=AU&q=how%20good%20is

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I have to assume whatever you guys are talking about is some form of twitter brain worms because I have no idea wtf it is

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Comstar posted:

Shits hosed Yo.

I had to smudge out the numbers to work out how big it was because of all the zeros. What the hell.

Also what young white male looks at Scomo as a role model, unless they've been brainwashed by Hillsong. At least Howard genuinely seemed interested in sport. What is Morrison even into?

According to a deep dive of various hosed up articles on him, Reading and Kayaking. That's it. He met his wife in Church when he was 12. He's literally a no personality smoothed off cultist. People like Scumo aren't meant to lead, they're meant to funnel money to a personality cult using the Church for their own greedy purposes.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I have to assume whatever you guys are talking about is some form of twitter brain worms because I have no idea wtf it is

It comes from what he said in his victory speech/tweets he's made https://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/how-good-is-how-good-is-australia-note-this-is-not-a-question-20190522-p51q0g.html

Scomo's daggy dad thing is literally exactly what Mike Baird did when he was NSW premier. Baird ended up with young fans because of it until he alienated them all with the lockout laws.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Konomex posted:

I had to smudge out the numbers to work out how big it was because of all the zeros. What the hell.

So Interest Rates WILL raise next year- the US inflation means they are already, so THE MARKET has already decided it's happening. If we do 1% a year...maybe we'll see the housing prices implode around 2023? Bank Bailouts '24 or '25.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

freebooter posted:

Did Keanu Reeves invent "whoa"?

Konomex posted:

Also what young white male looks at Scomo as a role model, unless they've been brainwashed by Hillsong. At least Howard genuinely seemed interested in sport. What is Morrison even into?

Scomo wears baseball hats.

JBP fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 13, 2021

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I read Annika Smethurst’s “The Accidental Prime Minister” which I think is one of the first bio’s on the guy.

He’s the son of a copper who grew up in the Eastern Suburbs and was a tee-totalling rugby union guy that was into performing arts and the church.

The Sharkies/Cronulla/Have a beer everyman that we see is completely manufactured. Well, not manufactured by someone else, but let’s call it an assumed identity. A lot of the book - and other articles I’ve read - talk about how hard it is to find evidence of what he actually stands for. With other PMs and PM hopefuls you can point to speeches, past history, activism etc. Not Scotty.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Clotty from Marketing is someone who has managed to fail ever upwards

Slightly better news - NZ went over 70% total population vacced yesterday and Australia will likely do the same either today or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Congrats Australia, you’ve helped fossil fuel companies derail Glasgow. Anyone who votes Liberal should be driven into the sea.