Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1455553273247719428
marc fell off his dirtbike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Wow, concussion. I mean, don't gently caress around with those, but lol

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I hope Marc isn't at the time where there's a slow build of injuries. It'll make the racing a lot closer, but it's sad to see a career end that way. (like Ben Spies)

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Dang I was curious to see how he performed this go around.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Remember the time petrucci got allowed to race with a concussion?

What about the time Lorenzo did the same thing and proceeded to jump the start by a good several seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ezvql7FtV0

He must've thought he launched so hard it's like the others were standing still!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Remember the time petrucci got allowed to race with a concussion?

What about the time Lorenzo did the same thing and proceeded to jump the start by a good several seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ezvql7FtV0

He must've thought he launched so hard it's like the others were standing still!

always happens when it's dornas docs, although hard to say if it's due to pressure from the team/rider or they just don't care. was just glad to hear he didn't gently caress up his arm again considering it needs post season surgery already. and glad he's not riding through it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's cause dorna's docs think the riders are heroic demigods in the classical sense, with ambrosia running through their veins, and can romantically rise above petty mortal concerns like nonfunctional limbs and brains.

The teams and sponsors do the rest. There really needs to be a codified replacement roster system like F1 but that would necessitate a shift in emphasis to the teams championship and we're all here for that willy waving individual glory so it'll never happen.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I hope Marc calls it soon, he's going to have such a miserable run of it when he's older already. I don't want to see him just trundling around struggling to compete because of injuries. Go out while you've still got the chance at a non-hosed body when you're older - you have nothing to prove anymore.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Shimrod posted:

I hope Marc calls it soon, he's going to have such a miserable run of it when he's older already. I don't want to see him just trundling around struggling to compete because of injuries. Go out while you've still got the chance at a non-hosed body when you're older - you have nothing to prove anymore.

What a terrible opinion to hold, my god

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

How will Ducati cock it up this weekend? Looking forward to Fabio fighting up from 3rd row.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Russian Bear posted:

How will Ducati cock it up this weekend? Looking forward to Fabio fighting up from 3rd row.
What's the weather forecast? lol

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Shoulder cam is cool

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aRzfjWufIa4

Does a way better job of capturing the intensity of it all. The braking zone into turn 1 is insane.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

This is the Darryn Binder they can't wait to get on a MotoGP bike? LOL

Credit to Pedro Acosta for not bottling it, can't wait to see him on a Moto2 bike!

EDIT: Cheered when Leopard Honda guys told Darryn to GTFO. He'd better watch his back out there!

gregbest90 fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 7, 2021

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

does anyone care if ducati wins constructors without winning riders championship for the second year in a row

fabio sure doesn't seem to

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 7, 2021

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Moto3 was another fun one, especially compared to the last Portimão race. Also good to see Mir back in fighting form.

Kanye East
Jul 7, 2006

gregbest90 posted:

This is the Darryn Binder they can't wait to get on a MotoGP bike? LOL

Credit to Pedro Acosta for not bottling it, can't wait to see him on a Moto2 bike!

EDIT: Cheered when Leopard Honda guys told Darryn to GTFO. He'd better watch his back out there!

Agreed, I was surprised they didn't smash him in the face.

Unless D. Binder is incredible on a MotoGP bike, he won't have a ride for very long.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I was gonna ask if Dorna was spamming the hell out of anyone else this past week, but it turns out I had a second account with them that I'd forgotten about. So every time I logged in to see that I had nothing selected on their contact preferences and getting pissed off, I was looking at the wrong drat one! :haw:

So I just contacted their customer service to delete the redundant one, and their last email says "Dear Chris,

You will be contacted shortly by our Legal team to confirm the requested account deletion."

Legal team?! Not marketing? lol

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lmao

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I am legit concerned now btw

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/marcmarquez93/status/1457996580372500480

Sounds like a reoccurrence from 10 years ago? Dude can't catch a break :haw:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Miller setting everyone up to disappoint them again at the end of FP2.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/marcmarquez93/status/1457996580372500480

Sounds like a reoccurrence from 10 years ago? Dude can't catch a break :haw:

pfffff its just an excuse so he doesnt have to be around Valencia at Rossi's last GP

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Slavvy posted:

What a terrible opinion to hold, my god

Why? The dudes got recurring injuries already, and with how he rides its inevitable he'll get more. I don't want to see the guy in agony 30 years from now just trying to walk around.

Don't get me wrong, he's great and I love watching him ride, I just want him to stop before he's too injured.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lol jack
I mean he still got front row and ducati has shown honda doesn't have poo poo without marc again but lmao

really am coming to like martin though, going to be hard picking between him and pecco

they mentioned at the beginning of quali that the sbk championship is going down to the wire and I for one would like to see rae not get it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
lol if anyone heard that Moto2 rider scream at the top of his lungs in the pits during the red flag.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

algebra testes posted:

lol if anyone heard that Moto2 rider scream at the top of his lungs in the pits during the red flag.

missed that but did note that that's 2 large first lap crashes so far, hope it warms up a little in the next hour

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

congrats to remy for not crashing

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Great season. Looking forward to zuki-duc fighting it out, Quartararo doin some crazy poo poo, Vinales solidifying his burnout, and Marquez-Honda doing TBD things next year.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Fun way to end the season, great year for the rookies in all 3 classes.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
Finally got around to watching the final races, and those were a ton of fun. Everyone probably thinks this, but I feel like I picked a hell of a season to start watching this sport, and it's one that I'll remember for a while. I'm really excited for next year to start since I'll have some sense of who's who at the start of things. A few closing thoughts:

- Hitching my wagon to Vinales at the start was pretty clearly stupid, but it let me slide over to the Fabio train which was awesome.
- Pedro Acosta is absurd and is going to be a blast to watch in Moto2. But Darryn Binder going to MotoGP seems...strange.
- MotoGP next year seems like it's wide open, especially if Marquez is not able to make it back at 100%. My ill-informed perspective is that Quatararo is the early favorite, but there's a whole lot of talent on that grid and I'm excited to see who emerges.
- The send-off for Rossi was great, even my wife got into it as she learned a little more about his career. 25 years at the top of ANY sport seems insane, and at the top of a sport like this is ridiculous. Grazie Vale.
- Lastly, what're people's thoughts on the commentators? I like Simon's sideline reporter schtick, and I really liked Steve Day, but Matt Birt just didn't quite work for me. Sadly, it's Day that's leaving, will he be missed or are people not that into him?

Thanks for helping me learn this sport a little more, see you next year!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They can't match the voices of my childhood, Keith Heuwen, and Julian Ryder. But they aren't bad by any stretch.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Simon in pitlane makes me ashamed to talk out loud.

The other two are just far too excited far too much of the time.

My all time favorite was Dylan :allears:

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
The BT Sport crew are the best out there at the moment, but my favourites were Eurosport:

Randy Mamola in pitlane
Julian Ryder and Toby Moody commentating

Special shout out to Colin Edwards as the general voice of insanity for any commentary, hope he's back post-pandemic.

algebra testes posted:

They can't match the voices of my childhood, Keith Heuwen, and Julian Ryder. But they aren't bad by any stretch.

Are you 12, this has only just happened.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I wish, internationally we used to get them but we haven't had them for a while.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
I like the simon/matt/steve show, i'd much rather listen to them that the shitshow that is the Sky F1 team (and thats even with Simon clearly not being a very natural commentator)

And yeah they do get excited at times but funny thing is when they do that - im excited too! Like there really is something crazy happening on the screen, not like F1 where Crofty blows his top just because one car overtook another....

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 17, 2021

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

JohnClark posted:

Finally got around to watching the final races, and those were a ton of fun. Everyone probably thinks this, but I feel like I picked a hell of a season to start watching this sport, and it's one that I'll remember for a while.
Go watch last year if you can!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

Go watch last year if you can!

The best seasons in recent memory in no particular order: 2017, 2015, 2018

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
In other news, WSBK has had a bumper year - actually exciting for the first time in many years. It's still a pony show compared to MotoGP and nowhere near its heyday, but it's a big improvement in the last ten few years.

Superb rolling burnout then rolling stoppie from Toprak in pit lane after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
At least it was a real two team race this year.