Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Dest out is rough. brooks is an interesting decision, but his form has been poor. Generally fine with the squad given the options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

stab posted:

I swear if it's some CANPL scrub wheeler I will be so pissed at you

who needs tomori when we have, uh, yet another striker

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1456335217157971987?t=dTQBZ3-fSDaHxN2posAVSg&s=19

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jesus christ Canada's attack is going to be even more loving terrifying.

Man him and Cavallini off the bench to replace David and Larin?

Shame about our subpar defending though

Edit: also poor Akinola just switched allegiances, got hurt on his very first game then this....now he's like the 6th striker.

https://twitter.com/Hash14___/status/1456342729370128385?t=uVG_Q42BSF0GCdspofHBOQ&s=19

stab fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 4, 2021

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

canada lets make a deal and trade an american fullback for a canadian striker

you can have reggie cannon or deandre yedlin for a striker who is better than josh sargent

stab
Feb 12, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

canada lets make a deal and trade an american fullback for a canadian striker

you can have reggie cannon or deandre yedlin for a striker who is better than josh sargent

Tosaint ricketts no take backsies

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Every time I've seen doneil Henry play live he's given away penalties and a shitload of clumsy fouls

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Every time I've seen doneil Henry play live he's given away penalties and a shitload of clumsy fouls
Look Jake, It's CONCACAF

All of our defenses suck and our soccer is bad and that's just the way we like it.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 5, 2021

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Crazy Ted posted:

Look Jake, It's CONCACAF

All of our defenses suck and our soccer is bad and that's just the way we like it.

Whenever football comes up here in Europe I spend a lot of time espousing the glory of concacaf, the best confederation.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Team Alphonso Davies and Friends

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1456636292842893314?t=hY5wPcOmwI0kJW-naf1KXg&s=19

No Junior Hoilett (he's injured) :(

stab fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 5, 2021

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

stab posted:

No Junior Hoilett :(

Do we need an eighth striker? Would still probably take him over Cava though.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Azerban posted:

Do we need an eighth striker? Would still probably take him over Cava though.

He can play mid/winger just as easily though. He'd be a great super sub after the speedsters wear down the opposition.

Also I would be okay with Canada playing a 1-1-8 with that firepower haha

And Cava is the last striker. I doubt seriously he'll get any minutes since they need to cap tie Ugbo as fast as possible.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

stab posted:

He can play mid/winger just as easily though. He'd be a great super sub after the speedsters wear down the opposition.

Have a feeling Millar is going to become that winger/attacker super-sub, he's been putting in work in Switzerland. Little more for the future as well.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Azerban posted:

Have a feeling Millar is going to become that winger/attacker super-sub, he's been putting in work in Switzerland. Little more for the future as well.

It's funny - last go around when he came on as a sub he was frantic as all hell - very scatterbrained appearance.

He started the next game and was much much much better. It was such a stark difference.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Seems a bit early to bring Vines back after his broken collarbone, has he played for Antwerp recently?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

There was big change in the federation, the sporting director committee was changed and

https://twitter.com/tdmas_cr/status/1457040291832213508?s=20

They called up pretty much the same bunch of clowns. Also 3 of the 4 new names on the list don't have Canadian visas so they wont make the trip.

If Keylor gets one of his mystery national team injuries, we're screwed. If he does come down to play, we might be screwed anyway.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

There was big change in the federation, the sporting director committee was changed and

https://twitter.com/tdmas_cr/status/1457040291832213508?s=20

They called up pretty much the same bunch of clowns. Also 3 of the 4 new names on the list don't have Canadian visas so they wont make the trip.

If Keylor gets one of his mystery national team injuries, we're screwed. If he does come down to play, we might be screwed anyway.

Does this team have any speed or the ability to counter speed? Cause if not Navas is gonna get injured from soccer balls hitting him in the face all game

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

stab posted:

Does this team have any speed or the ability to counter speed? Cause if not Navas is gonna get injured from soccer balls hitting him in the face all game

team's old and slow

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

team's old and slow
Perfectly suited to deal with someone like Davies then lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Oh wow I never expected or imagined that this could happen, Keylor is "injured".

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Oh wow I never expected or imagined that this could happen, Keylor is "injured".

So slow and old Costa Rica is going to Edmonton where the current forecast is freezing loving rain with their backup keeper and without their best player?

Man if Canada doesn't get 3 here Edmonton will burn (joke it won't because it's too cold and only Fort McMurray burns there)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Im expecting 5 tbh

stab
Feb 12, 2003

The expected weather for the two Canadian games.

Lmao it's gonna be so cold I don't even know if they can water the pitch it's below the loving freezing point.

Hohohoho have fun Costa Rica and Mexico, hope you brought warm clothes:canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmp2qbrZUQ

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your inane weather posting is actively making me want Costa Rica and Mexico to win World Cup qualifiers for probably the first time ever.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

honestly -1 isn't even that bad

don't even know if i'll bring a coat

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Your inane weather posting is actively making me want Costa Rica and Mexico to win World Cup qualifiers for probably the first time ever.

Excuse me sir have you read the memo that Concacaf posting is serious business

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Concapoo

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

stab posted:

Imagine thinking calling up a defender who plays for record goal-shippers Cincinnati is a good idea.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Some usmnt lineup bits

https://twitter.com/BrianSciaretta/status/1458885995177418754?s=19

Not surprising but disappointing. Aaronson and weah hopefully on the wings but arriola might get picked.

https://twitter.com/BrianSciaretta/status/1458886203676180483?s=19

I'm indifferent on Steffen vs Turner at this point

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

stab posted:

The expected weather for the two Canadian games.

got my tickets for tomorrow night!

I'm more worried for me than the players, I gotta stand there for a couple hours, they'll be perfectly fine running around the field.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Starsfan posted:

got my tickets for tomorrow night!

I'm more worried for me than the players, I gotta stand there for a couple hours, they'll be perfectly fine running around the field.

Nothing alcohol won't fix.

And they're opening for covid checks at 5 so you'll be standing for a looooonnggggg time tomorrow.

Wear red, get drunk, have fun.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1459176315974737923

We're back!!!!!

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/1459303097512124421

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/USMNT/status/1459325718991618057

best available lineup imo

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1459324084760633351?t=vVzbC565-6TjVVujichiWQ&s=19

Larin and Johnston on the bench

Kaye over Hutchison........interesting choices.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

With 18 minutes before the USMNT game starts, we're in the middle of the second lengthy review within one minute of in-game time. 13:52 left in the 4th quarter.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Teddybear posted:

With 18 minutes before the USMNT game starts, we're in the middle of the second lengthy review within one minute of in-game time. 13:52 left in the 4th quarter.

And ESPNews is showing a women's basketball game that still has about 8 minutes of game time to play (meaning approximately a million minutes with commercial timeouts and all).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

ESPN2 now has a very optimistic "kick at 9:10" flag in the corner, which considering that there's 8 minutes left in the game and it's 9:02 indicates that, uhhh, it ain't gonna happen.

Ridiculous poo poo.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
They've bumped the college basketball game off of ESPNews, so there we are.

e: :laffo: They're bumping off Cincinnati/South Florida to ESPNews and putting USA/Mexico on ESPN2 WITH ONE MINUTE BEFORE KICKOFF.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 13, 2021

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh! They're gonna bump Cincinnati/South Florida to ESPNews. We're gonna have the game on ESPN2.

E: Oh, I thought I recognized that voice, it's Jason Benetti doing play by play. I like him! Watching KBO games at the start of all this was a lot of fun with his commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Edward Mass posted:

They've bumped the college basketball game off of ESPNews, so there we are.

e: :laffo: They're bumping off Cincinnati/South Florida to ESPNews and putting USA/Mexico on ESPN2 WITH ONE MINUTE BEFORE KICKOFF.

Yeah I was gonna say, they just put the gridball on both channels.