Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Open Marriage Night posted:

Same. Did you notice that the triforce on the back lights up when it’s turned on?

https://twitter.com/kbeckmann/status/1458586126256586753?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Commander Keene posted:

That game's plot is impressively nonsensical.

Say what you will about FF8's plot, at least it doesn't force you to bring a female character to an old man who demands that he be allowed to draw her naked. It also doesn't attempt to suddenly make Ultimecia sympathetic at the very last moment.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Weedle posted:

definitely not. doom, the witcher 3, and saints row 3 look and run better than this. dark souls, borderlands and asscreed 4 stick a solid 720p30 in handheld mode. burnout paradise is 720p60. gta3 is like, 600p20-30 and looks worse than all of those. it's bad

Buddy a two legged dog can run better than the Witcher 3 I have no loving idea what you're talking about

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it's rocky on the switch, but it's downright dog poo poo on every other platform

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The Diablo port is unfuckwithable. I think that might be the only good port tho

Skyrim is good too.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven't played it on anything other than the PC but I bought it on switch within half an hour my horse ran through a wall and left geralt repeatedly ramming himself into the wall like sideshow Bob stepping on rakes and I immediately turned it off and played Mario kart

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

LionArcher posted:

Skyrim is good too.

For me to poop on!! (I hate Skyrim so I haven't played it on switch)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
That’s a shame, it’s great.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

No it's actually a bad game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
It’s a great fun game to play on the go, and with the new anniversary edition on other consoles you can play years of great dlc in one easy package. Todd still king.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That’s a shame, it’s great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Skyrim. SOTN. Super Metroid. Resi4. Put them on your console, I’ll buy them.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Tod's Howard killed my dog! Screw you!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
You can buy the dog as DLC now

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've completely Skyrimmed myself out over the past ten years. Janky as gently caress, but I still enjoyed the hundreds of hours I put into it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mega64 posted:

I've completely Skyrimmed myself out over the past ten years. Janky as gently caress, but I still enjoyed the hundreds of hours I put into it.

Yeah it's still a fun sandbox when you're bored or high or something. I'll load it up and do like a mage quest or two and bail. or just wander around until I forget why I was doing that anyway.

Though with the same, the new Animal Crossing DLC has consumed like 20 hours of my life the last week

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think my brain just actively hates that style of game because the closest I can think to a similar thing I do is just load up death stranding once a month to see if I can optimise my zipline network with any new towers on my strand and take a ride around the world

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Wow a small LED, holy poo poo. oh even cheaper, it's just a cutout lol, an LED would have actually looked good

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 13, 2021

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I haven't played it on anything other than the PC but I bought it on switch within half an hour my horse ran through a wall and left geralt repeatedly ramming himself into the wall like sideshow Bob stepping on rakes and I immediately turned it off and played Mario kart

Look you bought the eurojank game, you don't get to complain about the eurojank

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 22, 2021

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I have a zippered Butterfox case for my OG switch, that they don't seem to make anymore. I like it because it is only the size of the body of the switch itself, it isn't made for storing with the joy-cons attached, rather they go in a separate pocket. I like this because if it is getting bumped around in my bag, I don't worry about any force being exerted on the joycon -> switch mechanical interface.

I love the case, but the OLED switch is just a little too tight in it, so I was looking for a replacement made explicitly for the OLED and it's slightly wider size. I can't seem to find any cases designed to store the switch without the joy-cons attached - am I just blind? Or is such a thing not made anymore?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They have taken the GTA port off steam and SONY is issuing no questions asked refunds for it. It’s absolutely dogshit bad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
havnt played it yet but it seems good. looking forward ot it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The fact that I still can't play fallout new vegas on switch is proof that Todd Howard is a homophobe

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I would've thought they'd just reuse the same hardware as the Mario G&W and just flashed with Zelda instead. Especially considering chip shortages right now.

Incidentally I've got mine too and it is indeed neat as hell.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

flavor.flv posted:

The fact that I still can't play fallout new vegas on switch is proof that Todd Howard is a homophobe

he is also a cyclist hater and hates rope kid

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm getting owned by one of the later bosses in Metroid Dread. Advice would be appreciated:

It's Experiment Z-57. When he does the attack when he grips the stage with his tentacles, is he healing himself? I think I heard that. I can usually get off a missle to hit one or two tentacles but am I supposed to get all of them? If I stand in place with the storm missile I die.

Also are you supposed to do a shinespark to kill him? It seems possible but I'm not having much luck.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm getting owned by one of the later bosses in Metroid Dread. Advice would be appreciated:

It's Experiment Z-57. When he does the attack when he grips the stage with his tentacles, is he healing himself? I think I heard that. I can usually get off a missle to hit one or two tentacles but am I supposed to get all of them? If I stand in place with the storm missile I die.

Also are you supposed to do a shinespark to kill him? It seems possible but I'm not having much luck.

I ran back and forth while going crazy with the beam on the hands, angling upwards while running. I don't know if it is healing, but you can get health and ammo back after a hand goes down. I think I could get two hands in a round, and if you keep running he won't fire at you. I did not have to shinespark to kill him, I didn't even know that could happen in there

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yes he is healing, storm missiles are the answer. Just scan over them real quick and you should get the locks. You can get a shinespark insta-kill after the flappy bird section, but it doesn't save a ton of time at that point. Make sure you land the melee counters to really dump damage into him.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm getting used to the performance and the UI / battle flow in SMT V and it's starting to sink its hooks into me pretty bad. I still think the UI elements are weirdly dazzling / overdone a bit but w/e

Just a few hours in and I'm now starting to fuse demons and this is the classic smt I know and love, except with a crazy cool giant overworld. Seeing classic demons in this environment feels really interactive/ lived in. I like it.

I wonder if future patches will improve performance though it really feels like the switch is really struggling to run this between sluggish menu and battle/overworld transitions and panning the camera feeling all sorts of jank

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

It would help if attack magic was viable at higher levels, or if every single thing in the game didn't move in lockstep with your level progression.
Bethesda really needs to grow a pair and get comfortable with making areas that simply aren't accessible without good gear and some levels under the character's belt... instead of this bullshit system where you fear gating off access, so everywhere the character goes, every monster and bandit scales with them, including having advanced equipment on nobodies.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 13, 2021

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

They have taken the GTA port off steam and SONY is issuing no questions asked refunds for it. It’s absolutely dogshit bad.

Ok but what's wrong with it other than everyone complains about everything always?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Ok but what's wrong with it other than everyone complains about everything always?

misaligned textures, misaligned objects in relation to the ground, missing the L.A. smog/SF fog that San Andreas had, characters that don't match their apparent age with the remastered textures, odd character geometry, revised/edited store names/slogans, bad performance optimization on Switch, etc.. Yongyea did a vid on it today yesterday if you like watching youtubers that don't do any writing of their own, but read tweets and news articles from their monitor instead.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 13, 2021

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shammypants posted:

Wow a small LED, holy poo poo. oh even cheaper, it's just a cutout lol, an LED would have actually looked good

it's pretty cute!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The biggest offender I've heard about GTA Trilogy is the game is practically unplayable when it rains, due to the rain not being transparent. Keep in mind I have only seen screenshots, and have not played the game firsthand, what I have seen looks really bad but it's obviously being filtered through how someone else is presenting it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Twelve by Pies posted:

The biggest offender I've heard about GTA Trilogy is the game is practically unplayable when it rains, due to the rain not being transparent. Keep in mind I have only seen screenshots, and have not played the game firsthand, what I have seen looks really bad but it's obviously being filtered through how someone else is presenting it.

That's what's throwing me off. I'm playing Vice City and other than fat character models looking really weird, I'm not seeing any of this.

(I haven't played 3 or San Andreas yet)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Is this a risk for Switch? And if so would it be re-released? Because if so I would get it now. I’d rather have it than not you know?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is this a risk for Switch? And if so would it be re-released? Because if so I would get it now. I’d rather have it than not you know?

Depends, the music the devs didn't get a license for in the remaster is still in the game files (don't know if that's the same for Switch), just commented out with a DO NOT USE.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I wonder if hackable switch units could use a patch to allow them again... :getin:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Its not THAT bad, it's just that the trilogy really could have used another six months of work to catch everything that the emulation/engine changes missed, but lol quarterly targets that need to rise exponentially to infinity late stage capitalism argument here.

I have no doubt it will be back if/when it gets pulled. CP 2077 came back, and it's still full of jank.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

Absolutely wild that those Pixel Remasters didn't go to the consoles right away.

Gotta bundle them up so you can do a $60 retail release