Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

drat...yurucamp s2 leaving the ptw list

though i did love super cub
yurucamp s2 was still good but there was a lot less wistful shots of people in the wilderness and a lot more 'this real life restaurant sure is neat!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

just pretend it's tiger and bunny

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

bojjiesque tiny crown on that vtuber

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I think they put Kages story front and center because it's a great flashback and Kages a main character, it's incredibly randomly placed already in the webcomic the anime just randomly places in a way that fleshes out a main character to get you onboard early.

i mostly think it would fit better placed alongside the confrontation with Bebin, rather than how it interrupts the duel and also causes a recap of the duel

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I know nothing about the Ranking Of Kings manga other than that people like it and I've been extremely impressed with the anime just in its own context so far.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox posted:

I know nothing about the Ranking Of Kings manga other than that people like it and I've been extremely impressed with the anime just in its own context so far.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Kage looks kind of like a butt,

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X8j9kPyP1k&t=59s

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Patware posted:

now THIS is the kind of posting i get outta bed for !

you mean I can get out of bed?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Taima posted:

Hey sorry if this is a difficult request but can anyone recommend some anime based on what I've liked so far?

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blonson

I haven't watched a lot of it, so all I ask is that it's extremely good in your personal opinion. I want to know what people's favorite animes are, and I'm happy to go outside of my comfort zone as well.

Any thoughts? ^_^

Drifters

Dennou Coil

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm prepared to upgrade tomoya from "provisionally top 5 favorite vtuber", to "drat i like this vtuber boy"

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Taima posted:

Hey sorry if this is a difficult request but can anyone recommend some anime based on what I've liked so far?

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blonson

I haven't watched a lot of it, so all I ask is that it's extremely good in your personal opinion. I want to know what people's favorite animes are, and I'm happy to go outside of my comfort zone as well.

Any thoughts? ^_^

Akudama Drive and Black Lagoon. Your taste looks similar to mine and Im currently enjoying Bungo Stray Dogs so maybe give it a shot too?

If you want to move away from action: SK8 the Infinity, Daily Lives of High School Boys, My Roommate is a Cat.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Blue Dragon is on Tubi. Yes/no? Any good? I never touched the game.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Thank you so much for the recommendations!!! I love you all!!! ^____^

I'm going to grab all of these ^______^

Anime: It's Very Good

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Any idea which LN the Tanya the Evil Movie takes place on? Finished that and I'm considering starting the LN series

I feel like the anime got a weird audience but I’m six volumes deep in the ln and it’s pretty clearly “an airport novel like red storm rising but anime”. It succeeds at being anime airport novel imo, it has weird or problematic parts but so does tom clancy so rip.

I haven’t actually watched the anime so I can’t answer your actual question but the ln is worth reading if “red storm anime” sounds like something you would like. notably the author is clearly not a nazi so don’t worry about that

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Chicken Thumbs posted:

Not sure if this is more suited to the rec thread, but I want to watch a nice SoL show and I somehow managed to miss out on K-On, Yuru Camp, and New Game. Which should I watch first?

no joke I open palm slam yurucamp s1 when I need something playing in the background while I work myself to an early grave and slurp curry noodles when the chance occurs. It's real good.

a lot of season 2 is very touristy but there are a few gems in the middle. one gem. maybe.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

sb hermit posted:

no joke I open palm slam yurucamp s1 when I need something playing in the background while I work myself to an early grave and slurp curry noodles when the chance occurs. It's real good.

This, but Isekai Izakaya or Diary of our Days at the Breakwater

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
If Fathom Events still has the same terrible video quality, definitely not worth risking the pandemic

https://twitter.com/fathomevents/status/1452001892486189056

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

the vtuber posts are bad, however they make tedious people mad. perfectly balanced.

I admire your graciousness in admitting vtubers upset you.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i am an island of calm in a sea of vtubers

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Erg posted:

Lum vtuber

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mostly i just think it's funny that closing the vtuber thread for Bad Posting just resulted in all discussion, including the posting that got it closed, moved into here because people want a place to discuss it, so now there's the exact same posting going on but julias has to pop in to tell people to hush it down and stay on topic every now and then

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mister Facetious posted:

Blue Dragon is on Tubi. Yes/no? Any good? I never touched the game.

no

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never know if people are talking about vtubers, games I haven't played, or shows I haven't watched so posts just wash over and past me like an incomprehensible hum :catte:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

mostly i just think it's funny that closing the vtuber thread for Bad Posting just resulted in all discussion, including the posting that got it closed, moved into here because people want a place to discuss it, so now there's the exact same posting going on but julias has to pop in to tell people to hush it down and stay on topic every now and then
in complete fairness, no one has posted itt about wanting to gently caress the vtubers, or determining methods to triangulate their exact latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates, or doxxing anyone, so the level of discourse is considerably higher than any of the vtuber threads

also in fairness, julias is powerless and january 1st 2022 i WILL be posting a new vtuber thread and there's nothing he can do to stop me. 49 days.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'll ik that thread with an iron fist if necessary, i'm only a kind of bad poster

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

Just finished Serial Experiments Lain which might actually be perfect imo

Kinda want to rewatch it all over again since I fully understand what's going on now, also the PS1 game looks really interesting

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Iambic Pentameter posted:

Just finished Serial Experiments Lain which might actually be perfect imo

Kinda want to rewatch it all over again since I fully understand what's going on now, also the PS1 game looks really interesting
https://laingame.net/

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Chicken Thumbs posted:

Not sure if this is more suited to the rec thread, but I want to watch a nice SoL show and I somehow managed to miss out on K-On, Yuru Camp, and New Game. Which should I watch first?

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family

Sweetness and Lightning

comfy cooking shows are good

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Vizuyos posted:

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family

Sweetness and Lightning

comfy cooking shows are good

:hmmyes:

Sweetness and Lightning was amazing. Also Restaurant to Another World is in its second season this quarter.

I wish they'd bring back Gourmet Girl Graffiti. :sigh:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Erg posted:

thanks, erg

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Patware posted:

i'll ik that thread with an iron fist if necessary, i'm only a kind of bad poster

I would be a great vtuber thread ik. no mercy.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
Fall asleep after asking for a rec, come back to see a dozen of them. You're all good people, even the Vtuber fans :thumbsup:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/ZtaiY0504/status/1456513673250230274?s=20

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/lyricalnanoha_/status/1459402006280376320

:dafuq:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Went to the mall for the first time in like 2 years to pick up my fancy copy of SMT5. It wasnt there, apparently Canada had a shipping delay and it wont be in until the 19th now. :mad:

Right around the corner from EB was a new store that had all kinds of manga and anime merch inside, but also a ton of skating and snowboarding gear. Huge Jujutsu Kaisen poster in the shop window that looked pretty cool.

Then I stopped at Timmies for a double double and croissant.

I hope you all had good mornings as well.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Thank you for the report, time travel agent Funaceface. I hope 2004 is treating you well.

That is pretty neat for real though. Of the 4 malls near me, 2 are abandoned, 1 remodeled to close off the inside walkways and all the stores open to the outdoors now, and 1 is open but has like 30% of the customers that it did ten years ago.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I like how SMT 4 kind of lowballed the weird smt poo poo for hours and SMT 5 has a knife out from the moment you begin

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

Went to the mall for the first time in like 2 years to pick up my fancy copy of SMT5. It wasnt there, apparently Canada had a shipping delay and it wont be in until the 19th now. :mad:

Right around the corner from EB was a new store that had all kinds of manga and anime merch inside, but also a ton of skating and snowboarding gear. Huge Jujutsu Kaisen poster in the shop window that looked pretty cool.

Then I stopped at Timmies for a double double and croissant.

I hope you all had good mornings as well.

That happened to me when I went to get neo twewy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the nisanji en crab game stream was good imho