Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LonsomeSon posted:

“Got into a conversation with fishmech by accident, took several posts to realize” is a forums rite of passage which newer goons will never understand like we do

for the longest time I kept confusing fishmech and leperflesh, because leperflesh traditionally went by leperfish in dwarf fortress threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ok now who's makin an altar for screamy

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Helldesk posted:

Wait, what happened to Digg? Did that young upstart Reddit copy its moves and steal its thunder?!

It's entire userbase collectively migrated to Reddit in 07 or so to found their own subreddits of which they can become the mods, hth

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

sebmojo posted:

You can turn them off in options, I think

omg I hope this worked

edit: lol yes it did, maybe Goldbelly delivers to hell

Helldesk
Jan 6, 2007

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

It's entire userbase collectively migrated to Reddit in 07 or so to found their own subreddits of which they can become the mods, hth

Rest in pieces in advance to whichever future platform tries or even wishes to swallow the SA userbase.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Petition to rename the thread to "Lowtax: Tranny Traumatiser"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
nightcrew is going loving insane tonight in this thread

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jombo posted:

Petition to rename the thread to "Lowtax: Tranny Traumatiser"

:chloe:

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Dixville posted:

Ok now who's makin an altar for screamy

https://imgur.com/a/x1Wak2j

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Screamy is in there

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
This thread took a turn for the weird what the gently caress

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sleeping with the Screamies

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
at what point does someone ssy "this thread has turned into a haven for insane people to piss everyone off without trying to" and end this

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

at what point does someone ssy "this thread has turned into a haven for insane people to piss everyone off without trying to" and end this

You know what they say the line between genius and insanity is paper thin.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

We need something to top cum mouth to get us back on rails again.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

lol stay weird dude

astral posted:

Credit where it's due, ZDR's late-2015/early-2016 move from the aging hardware (notably including an ancient load balancer made in the '90s that radium allegedly got on ebay) to the cloud sped up the forums a ton.

We're definitely still in the process of correcting a lot of oversights from the past. My personal favorite example of that right now would be a change we made back in April: we set up a newer version of memcached, something the forums use to store copies of all kinds of data in memory (fast) to avoid having to bother the database so much (slower). Before the update, periods of high forum activity (like the 2020 presidential debates) could make the memcached servers lock up in a strange way that was difficult to try to debug, causing most/all forum pages to take ages to load until memcached was restarted. Since the update, we have not run into this issue at all, and given the extreme level of traffic this thread generated in its first day, we can call the issue pretty conclusively solved.

thanks for keeping the dumpster fire going nerd, appreciate you doing your thankless job.

Helldesk posted:

Wait, what happened to Digg? Did that young upstart Reddit copy its moves and steal its thunder?!

It's just, sometimes the puppy dies. That's life.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You know what they say the line between genius and insanity is paper thin.
i can debunk this using only the last 2 pages and those aren't even near as insane as this night has been at worst

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
old sa had a lot of great content. the big peeler threads that werent a countdown to mary-kate and ashley olsen being legal were pretty hilarious and amazing. the weird trip reports of goons doing really weird perverted poo poo. the photoshop fridays. the relentless image macros. people trying to understand how anything worked. yeah it had more juvenile posters, but it had a lot of well center people too.

i guess i just want to say

bring back dpph

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So this whole lowtax dying thing was already hard enough to explain to people not terminally onIine, now we gotta explain screamy and the cum mouth to these folks too? Migh5 as well be describing alien culture at this point
(Screamy and the cum mouth would make a good band name btw)

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Personally, I really liked Cum's forum Tamagotchi homunculus

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lowtax will return in...Goldbelly

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Guys I'm pretty late to this thread, but I know that Richard has passed away. Does anyone know if this was related to the poor man's lovely spine? My first assumption was that the loss of revenue from the forums resulted in his titanium psuedo-spine being repossessed due to outstanding loans and no health insurance. :shrug:

Jesustheastronaut! fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 13, 2021

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Guys I'm pretty late to this thread, but I know that Richard has passed away. Does anyone know if this was related to the poor man's lovely spine? My first assumption was that the loss of revenue from the forums resulted in his titanium psuedo-spine was repossessed due to outstanding loans and no health insurance.

I think he nutted in a fish's mouth and died??

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bury screamy with lowtax

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Guys I'm pretty late to this thread, but I know that Richard has passed away. Does anyone know if this was related to the poor man's lovely spine? My first assumption was that the loss of revenue from the forums resulted in his titanium psuedo-spine being repossessed due to outstanding loans and no health insurance. :shrug:

He killed himself.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

He committed suicide.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lowtax will return in...Goldbelly

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
it would be pretty funny if Uwe Boll punched Lowtax hard enough that it did a rock-em sock-em robots job on Lowtax's spine and that led to all of this trash-fire

like, Lowtax was maybe gonna be an abusive POS anyway, but imagine if this was the trigger

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

astral posted:

Yeah, that option was added immediately after Jeffrey bought the forums. :)

edit: I don't think it's really advertised, but donations made since then also change the color to a much nicer blue, if the badge isn't hidden.

Yeah but I'd rather just change my color while retaining Lipstick Apathy :(

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

oh cool, this thread is still open for some reason...

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Trying hard not to laugh and cake everyone near me in tea and yoghurt in this breakfast place

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

You'll never see it cumming
You'll see that my mind is too fast for eyes
You're done in
By the time it's hit you, your last surprise

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.
WHY CAN I STILL POST IN THIS THREAD

HOW IS IT *STILL* GOING

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

loddite posted:

WHY CAN I STILL POST IN THIS THREAD

HOW IS IT *STILL* GOING

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Godddamit. :(

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What’s up night crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world