Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

HonorableTB posted:

I'll never forget the time I tried to helldump someone and hosed it up so badly that I got helldumped in my own thread and forcibly taught some humility following a 1 week probe. Taught me a lot about throwing stones tbh

i don't remember that but it sounds hilarious and i probably laughed p hard at ur expense since i was super active in helldump for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

What’s up night crew

You ever wish you were born a lion destined to stalk your rightful plains of Kilimanjaro?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The name's Banned, Perma Banned

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

anime was right posted:

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
This thread has really gone off the rails, which was inevitable I suppose, but the direction it's taken is utterly fascinating and completely unexpected.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

anime was right posted:

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
why would you kill the most active thread in the forum lol

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You ever wish you were born a lion destined to stalk your rightful plains of Kilimanjaro?

living in the wild sucks!
constantly hungry, constantly afraid and having to kill or be killed by other living creatures when any minor injury is a death sentence

a society of talking lions with thumbs could probably be pretty cool but i bet those fuckers would still be hyperaggressive and kill their neighbors on a regular basis

Musluk
May 23, 2011

anime was right posted:

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.
you know i just realized the very last word lowtax will ever have posted to something awful dot com is "retarded"

I just want everyone to be happy!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Kilimanjaro a a mountain

r u ready to WALK posted:

living in the wild sucks!
constantly hungry, constantly afraid and having to kill or be killed by other living creatures when any minor injury is a death sentence

a society of talking lions with thumbs could probably be pretty cool but i bet those fuckers would still be hyperaggressive and kill their neighbors on a regular basis

Otoh I’ve eaten zebra and it’s p delicious

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

anime was right posted:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

ok i finally hit my limit, this did psychic damage to me

e: yeah, now i can actually feel sad, a little. it would have been nice if the internet funny man from when i was a kid hadn't grown up to be a piece of poo poo, and especially have left such a trail of damage behind him.

my own dad did some really hosed up poo poo to his family, in pursuit of proto-CHUD border milita bullshit in like 2011 no less, and as the eldest sibling i wound up being the one to finally tell him that he wasn't in our family anymore, and he needed to keep out of my mom's house. he didn't have a way to try and strike at us, but he tried to anyway.

sort of makes sense that feeling so gleeful over the whole thing was projection, i guess?

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 13, 2021

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If you think about it, the history of Lowtax and Something Awful is really a study in "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him" only with more dead fish and cum.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Buddha's cummies

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Buddha's cummies

Trans
Jul 6, 2004
This account was a birthday gift from my buddy Laws.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This reminds me of something i can share now. Lowtax told me he got a buyout offer from a media company for $13 million in 2006. He was still having fun with the site and turned it down. He expressed lament at this to me during our own negotiations.

I did my own digging and this was the exact year that conde nast bought reddit and within the reported price range as well. I'm glad I don't live in that timeline.

This is extra poignant though considering he died by suicide likely stemming from perceived financial ruin. Also, hell yeah he lamented it; what a terrible decision! He could have pocketed the money and just started somethingawfultoo.com or whatever and immediately poached most of the best members, contributors and the userbase anyway. Buying somethingawful.com for reasons other than liking and preserving somethingawful.com is a complete misunderstanding of where its value lies ("the power was inside US all along!"), and he could have taken advantage of that to the tune of a free 13 million? Knowing that I can't believe he lasted this long.

Holy poo poo! Now this is somethingawful.

anime was right posted:

Perma Banned in... Photoshop Dieday.

LonsomeSon posted:

ok i finally hit my limit, this did psychic damage to me

e: yeah, now i can actually feel sad, a little. it would have been nice if the internet funny man from when i was a kid hadn't grown up to be a piece of poo poo, and especially have left such a trail of damage behind him.

my own dad did some really hosed up poo poo to his family, in pursuit of proto-CHUD border milita bullshit in like 2011 no less, and as the eldest sibling i wound up being the one to finally tell him that he wasn't in our family anymore, and he needed to keep out of my mom's house. he didn't have a way to try and strike at us, but he tried to anyway.

sort of makes sense that feeling so gleeful over the whole thing was projection, i guess?

This is a hell of a breakthrough to be having in the "Lowtax is dead" thread. Yeah, I don't think people passionately against abuse are genuinely celebrating the death of another human being, that probably once brought them joy, in opposition of toxic behavior. That's just how our hosed up, complicated feelings metastasize and come out in messy situations like this. I haven't thought or cared about Lowtax in years and learning about all this over the last several days really got to me.

Trans fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 13, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

astral posted:

Yeah, that option was added immediately after Jeffrey bought the forums. :)

edit: I don't think it's really advertised, but donations made since then also change the color to a much nicer blue, if the badge isn't hidden.

Oh cool. I updated the SAclopedia entry with this.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

anime was right posted:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1458819473343922179?s=20

don slipping in one last jaw-dropper

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hedrigall posted:

Otoh I’ve eaten zebra and it’s p delicious

this is the most on brand post from you i've ever seen

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Mx. posted:

this is the most on brand post from you i've ever seen

I’ve also had oryx, kudu and springbok

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
Fun walk down memory lane, good last GBS read; time to slumber again.

From the lost projects folder of things that never got done

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

Boat Stuck posted:

This thread has really gone off the rails, which was inevitable I suppose, but the direction it's taken is utterly fascinating and completely unexpected.

It's a good and cathartic thread.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

HolHorsejob posted:

lol I met fishmech through IRC and ran into him a few times like 12 years ago when I was on the east coast. I don't remember his voice because he... did not have much in the way of physical presence. The only thing I remember about his communication was him getting mad about pc buiilding and really any discussion that could be reduced to points of technicality.

Just FYI Fishmech transitioned and uses she/her now iirc

Like even if they were incredibly annoying and permabanned it still feels like something that I should point out idk

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

loddite posted:

WHY CAN I STILL POST IN THIS THREAD

HOW IS IT *STILL* GOING

The poasting will continue until screamy the fish gets justice

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Goldbelly representative dons his leather gloves and screws an artisanal glizzy onto his sub machine gun as a makeshift silencer. Rappels down to a window using a rope of freshly imported New Jersey sausage links and enters through it.

Looks like Lowtax hasn't been able to cough up the dough for his latest hit... and we ain't talking cookie dough. When you mess with Goldbelly, you're gonna get a taste of something that ain't so sweet: Consequences.

The deed is done nice and quick. Stale cookie bullet. Crumbs on impact so it can't be traced. Rep eats his sub machine gun: Philly Cheesesteak on wholegrain goes down coarse but that's the job. Sorry Rich. You can't pay, we take you to flavour town.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't have any feelings about Lowtax himself, but I do feel sad for his kids and the people he harmed. Hope they're all okay.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hedrigall posted:

I’ve also had oryx, kudu and springbok

excellent, perfect

also rest in peace screamy, you were too beautiful for this world

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mx. posted:

also rest in peace screamy, you were too beautiful for this world

Wait did I miss Screamy's burial

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Screamy was already buried, in a climate controlled luxury tomb

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

r u ready to WALK posted:

Screamy was already buried, in a climate controlled luxury tomb

We all can only dream of such luxuries

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

screamy is entombed in the vastness of the cosmos, as are we all

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Okay I thoroughly checked and as of right now Screamy remains unburied, ScreamyWatch '21 will continue with live coverage after these messages from our sponsor, Cum

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Screamy got iced, see, and I ain't talking about his freezer holiday

Now tell me, what sicko whacks an innocent fish and keeps their body uninterred?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Shame Boy posted:

Okay I thoroughly checked and as of right now Screamy remains unburied, ScreamyWatch '21 will continue with live coverage after these messages from our sponsor, Cum

i originally thought your avatar was a photo horribly distorted using photoshop filters but that's ... just a regular photo isnt it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DannoMack posted:

can anyone get a message to shivadas in prison before he hears the lowtax news from somewhere else

The only jail Shivadas is in, is the p**** ***n*; his wife went out of town for a weekend and he checked in with us and did some funny things.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mx. posted:

i originally thought your avatar was a photo horribly distorted using photoshop filters but that's ... just a regular photo isnt it

It's a thing called spookyjack from a very old brony mock thread. You crawl into its rear end and then something horrible happens because you immediately start screaming. There is a video of it, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKS4zK7Hu4

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Shame Boy posted:

It's a thing called spookyjack from a very old brony mock thread. You crawl into its rear end and then something horrible happens because you immediately start screaming. There is a video of it, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKS4zK7Hu4

:catstare:

i've seen photos of this thing before but that was

well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I've thought about changing the av a few times over the years but it always feels a little weird to get rid of it. "Horrifying pony homunculus" is my Forums Brand™ now for better or for worse