Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh sick, I just figured out how to filter the Rivals times by Club. This is basically the only thing I want to do in this game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

Good show but a van can't keep up with my hairdresser special

The Vandura has prevailed

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Arsonide posted:

I'm using the 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020. I just looked for an S2 I could afford.

Edit: After posting this I discovered people can share their tunes, and I just took someone's 999 X class tune with 10 speed. Got me up to 276.

For stuff like that you could also try a super7 challenge that puts you in a fast car.

I just ended up playing a challenge that lined up 500 cactuses on a runway and got the achievement for smashing them, hah

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

After much playing with settings, I have figured out why FF on wheels sucks so much. Even with every FF slider set to 0, there's still a very strong magic centering force that happens regardless of anything, including when the car is sitting perfectly still. This is horrible in every way. Does anyone know where the control settings are actually stored so I can see if this can be removed somehow in the config? It's driving me insane.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Endbuster posted:

Hell yeah. Player created content! It was fun running your ghosts tho. I just think the Jimmy is kinda broken good in B700. When I do get around to tuning it I will share it. I think there's a lot of potential in this one.

I'll work on it tomorrow probs and try to set another hotlap on whatever tracks you've clapped me back on.

This is how we get faster. :getin:

Not in the club so its the global scoreboard but I had to try very very hard for this.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Poistiant posted:

Not in the club so its the global scoreboard but I had to try very very hard for this.

Oh poo poo nice!

Aww man now I have to like, tune it and stuff :’-(

Wonder what its limits are…

Anyway that Mini Cooper must be rowdy as fuuuuuuuck. I don’t see how light cars do it on tracks with water. I haven’t been able to figure out a light car and have been driving crutch rear end 4x4s.

FJ probably is super fun to drive. May have to try it out. Or see what other silly 4x4s are out there.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Send a join request to GRCC as lagidnamn.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the cactus-smashing thing is bullshit, I definitely just ran down 22 of the fuckers and it credited me for ten

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Jolo posted:

Am I missing something or are the skill challenges just drifting back and forth, smashing into stuff, and hopping off of ramps without losing your chain or bumping an obstacle the wrong way? This feels like some garbage from a bad ps2 game. I've been trying to do this one for the Beetle and I'm not even coming close.

Pretty much. The Beetle (story) one tripped me because the golf carts standing around seem to get destroyed like environmental objects but do seem to count as crashing into a chain braking obstacle. Just do donuts on the parking lot and try to hit as much poo poo as possible.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

also I've been in four eliminators and have yet to find a single car drop

though to be fair I've been disconnected from three of them

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hexwren posted:

the cactus-smashing thing is bullshit, I definitely just ran down 22 of the fuckers and it credited me for ten

if it's counting the times you got the SMACTUS skill, it needs to be spread out. I think it's a five second delay

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

blech. seasonal stuff is still so bugged... the newest one is saying the objective is 1 meter more, after every jump, no matter how much I beat the previous PB by. compounded by the other major release for the year (bf2042) being hot garbage releasing unfinished poo poo is annoying the gently caress out of me and only renting them for 10 bux isn't making it any better.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
How do you access your shared photos on the forza site? It doesn't work.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
My Campaign screen is forever bugged I think. Since I completed all objectives in season 0, it now permanently shows a '1' as if there was something to read/claim, when there's nothing for me there apart from just browsing seasonal objectives.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Qmass posted:

blech. seasonal stuff is still so bugged... the newest one is saying the objective is 1 meter more, after every jump, no matter how much I beat the previous PB by. compounded by the other major release for the year (bf2042) being hot garbage releasing unfinished poo poo is annoying the gently caress out of me and only renting them for 10 bux isn't making it any better.

read the thread, just relog and it's fixed

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Are there any tuning settings that make the high-performance cars playable with a keyboard? The lower-specced vehicles are pretty reasonable but it seems like as soon as you get in something fast, you just have mega understeer on every corner.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

read the thread, just relog and it's fixed
hey no worries man. last time I did that, I lost all my season progress and had to redo events. now that the seasonal events are 2-3 event championships that sounds like a loving nightmare.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Jabor posted:

Are there any tuning settings that make the high-performance cars playable with a keyboard? The lower-specced vehicles are pretty reasonable but it seems like as soon as you get in something fast, you just have mega understeer on every corner.

I think the best tuning setup I can recommend is to buy/borrow/steal a controller. You will get much more enjoyment out of the game. Racing fast cars on a keyboard will just be difficult and frustrating, and it will teach you wrong driving habits that you will have to unlearn if you eventually decide to get a controller.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Pockyless posted:

Mazdaspeed mx-5 is fun to drive and good for learning how to feather the throttle. It’s RWD, has just enough power stock, and is forgiving even when the rear wheels lose traction.

thanks for this rec btw, this thing's a good hoot

I did the awd conversion though because gently caress that, and it seems to struggle to put down enough power to get past 120mph :(

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
don't AWD Miatas please, this isn't Motorsport 2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

you can't tell me what to do :colbert:

(no seriously no matter how much I tweaked things and how gentle I was on the triggers that thing would fishtail in just about every corner and I was beyond aggravated)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Make sure you lower the throttle deadzones if youre struggling with RWD, I set mine to 2% on each end and they became way more controllable. Beyond that its probably just a bad tune.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I think I'd already set the deadzones to 1 and 99%, but I'll try the car again in RWD form with that in case I didn't (I'm assuming I can undo the conversion kit anytime)

What's the downside to installing AWD, anyway?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Jabor posted:

good lord just find a controller - I cant imagine playing this on a KB

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ciaphas posted:

I think I'd already set the deadzones to 1 and 99%, but I'll try the car again in RWD form with that in case I didn't (I'm assuming I can undo the conversion kit anytime)

What's the downside to installing AWD, anyway?

People will :argh: at you for turning a RWD car into something "less fun"

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Anyone been able to track down any Disney / Cars themed skins yet? Asking for my son

edit: Corvette ZR1 has a Lightning McQueen skin

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 13, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

well fie then, if i wanna drift like my rl career then i'll buy an offroad and go murder some cactus :v:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In general, it's usually not worth the rating cost unless you have a specific reason for it. For the Miata specifically, it doesn't have enough power to really make the better handling and launch justify itself

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

wait who's driving a Miata, I'm in the mazdaspeed mx-5

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

explosivo posted:

People will :argh: at you for turning a RWD car into something "less fun"

plus it really did become a performance hindrance in the last few (at least Motorsport) games as opposed to the unilateral upgrade it was in early Forza due to the increased PI cost. you'll also run into some issues with the platforms not being designed for the power distribution, throwing off the handling characteristics.

me, I AWD everything until I find my off-road straight line machine, tho.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

Munkaboo posted:

Anyone been able to track down any Disney / Cars themed skins yet? Asking for my son

I just did a custom blueprint that put me in the ultra tiny car and tasked me to launch it into the ocean while it was tuned to be uncontrollable with a finding Nemo skin.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm not seeing an increase in PI from the AWD conversion kit, or a decrease in removing it :confused:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

wait who's driving a Miata, I'm in the mazdaspeed mx-5

:argh:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I don't have a Miata, so I can't be sure, but the couple I just checked ranged from 8 to 30 PI boost on the AWD. looks like it was trimmed down for this one. mea culpa!

just keep blasting it. Horizon feels v different from past games to me so far, so you're probably hitting similar muscle memory/motor control expectation discrepancies and will be sideways with the best of em in no time

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

oh yeah, sent a GRCC request

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 15, 2021

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not seeing an increase in PI from the AWD conversion kit, or a decrease in removing it :confused:

I guess its just car specific then lol. Every low-leveled car Ive made AWD bumped up the rating for no real practical gain.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

PI doesn't actually matter unless I'm in multiplayer, right? Like the drivatar ghosts or whatever adjust to me anyway, as far as I can tell

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

incidentally I went back to RWD and it's only somewhat less controllable, so I guess practice is paying off already :v:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

PI doesn't actually matter unless I'm in multiplayer, right? Like the drivatar ghosts or whatever adjust to me anyway, as far as I can tell

Yeah, the class system and trying to hit that X00 limit is a multiplayer specific thing. If you just want to toss a fun car around a track then ignore all the minmaxing advice here and do whatever you want lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Been trying to setup the Alpine A110 for the seasonal championship "Letting Off Steam" and I am giving up. I used AWD, rally tires and suspension and then all sorts of combos of engine options and I just can't get it enough straightline speed. Grips like crazy and hardly needs to brake for some of the red turns, but as soon as the road straightens out the drivatars take off.

Anyone got a car suggestion? In FH4 I would always be able to setup a car and win easily, but also I don't think they were locked to highly skilled for the single player champs.