Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Real Amethyst posted:

Will we have a representative at his funeral?

"Hello, Ma'am. I am from the internet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Real Amethyst posted:

Will we have a representative at his funeral?

I think the former owner will be there

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Das Boo posted:

"Hello, Ma'am. I am from the internet."

"And I'm here to help."

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Scratch Monkey posted:

Lowtax’s death has brought new attention to the site, something it hasn’t seen in many years. Through his sacrifice SA will be born again into everlasting life.

Guys was Lowtax actually Jesus? Has anyone checked his tomb recently to see if the stone is still blocking the entrance?

Let's just cement it in place, to be sure

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Has anyone done a funny picture of a somber, realistic funeral with like 5 normal people and then the rest is just all of our avatars? That would be really funny, and I would have done it already but Im bad art friend

:unsmith: with a little grenade flag over the coffin, and maybe a :getin: frog on the headstone

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

moolchaba posted:

Lowtax.

I'm sorry to hear about your death.

I remember that one time when the forums were down and everyone was on your Twitter feed and you had us all get on Twitch and raid random people. That was the first time I ever got on Twitch and I've been a big fan of that since. So thank you for putting me on to that and thank you for the good times, buddy!

Rest in peace.

I remember this, we ended up in some couple's minecraft stream that had 2 viewers before us and we asked them to build a Goku and we'd donate money. They didn't believe us but actually built Goku, we donated.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Immortal Wombat posted:

Goodnight sweet prince

Thanks for turning this place over to a bunch of college grievance studies nags and converting it from the fun centre of internet culture into an irrelevant backwater shithole.

hey man, gently caress you

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

pixaal posted:

I remember this, we ended up in some couple's minecraft stream that had 2 viewers before us and we asked them to build a Goku and we'd donate money. They didn't believe us but actually built Goku, we donated.

Yep. If I remember correctly we had them build Goku's pants. LOL.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Immortal Wombat posted:

Goodnight sweet prince

Thanks for turning this place over to a bunch of college grievance studies nags and converting it from the fun centre of internet culture into an irrelevant backwater shithole.

lol go gently caress yourself

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
e: Too mean.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 13, 2021

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the losers coming back to say how upset they are that you can't just throw around slurs in 2021 and expect it to be comedy gold are somehow one of the saddest things in this thread lol

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

the losers coming back to say how upset they are that you can't just throw around slurs in 2021 and expect it to be comedy gold are somehow one of the saddest things in this thread lol

I think what's sadder is people forgetting it's only just the internet. Somewhere along the way people have forgotten that the internet is not real life.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

They’re old yet they haven’t grown up since like 2002

Imagine being so developmentally stunted

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
weird vibes in this thread

the nerds getting horny at the mentally ill cum mouth lady and demanding she post nudes :airquote:ironically:airquote: was probably the saddest, most pathetic 2004-era poo poo in a thread where old posters are lamenting they can't use slurs anymore

anyway rip

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

modeski posted:

I think what's sadder is people forgetting it's only just the internet. Somewhere along the way people have forgotten that the internet is not real life.

lol gently caress you too then

danjal
Jun 10, 2009

The older I get the less I care.
I'm just glad I longer see that pigs balls post at the top

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Immortal Wombat posted:

Goodnight sweet prince

Strong "why can't I say the N word" boomer energy in this post

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
my widdle tribute

https://youtu.be/43OU5co0A_o?t=302

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
Also imagine missing the point of SA so much that you think it was that loving bullshit that made it special. Go to 4chan you dogshit dipshits.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Are the cops in the gun-nuts forum discussing the type of firearm he used and debating the merits of his choice? Being SA I'm guessing that they are but I'm scared to check and also I don't like cops.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

modeski posted:

It's 2021!!! holy poo poo grow up

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Blooster posted:

For all the people lamenting over their lost old user accounts, email Jeffrey. He's really helpful and I'm sure he'd help figure it out for you all.

just make a new one. ive never been shy about being a rereg, was no need to attach to a 10 years dormant account full of white noise from my teenage years probably about cs1.5 and how awesome the ps3 was going to be.

i think it was the "spine charity" that got me back here because the signal fires were lit that the forums might die, and i was like well what's :10bux: after all these years, but its still the only good place to piss away a workday online.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 13, 2021

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

HolHorsejob posted:

lol I met fishmech through IRC and ran into him a few times like 12 years ago when I was on the east coast. I don't remember his voice because he... did not have much in the way of physical presence. The only thing I remember about his communication was him getting mad about pc buiilding and really any discussion that could be reduced to points of technicality.

Fishmech's her now, and has duly improved

SA is like if a website had BPD

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Has anyone done a funny picture of a somber, realistic funeral with like 5 normal people and then the rest is just all of our avatars? That would be really funny, and I would have done it already but Im bad art friend

:unsmith: with a little grenade flag over the coffin, and maybe a :getin: frog on the headstone
Some of the people who've died over the years have a frog on a cloud avatar with the text "got out" on it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Mad At Censorship goon should try Stormfront. Pretty sure they have a slur per post quota there.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

divabot posted:

Fishmech's her now, and has duly improved

SA is like if a website had BPD

there was always a weird mix of "this person is a teenager, with teenager emotions and because they're here, often a lovely home life" and "this person is a fully formed adult who sucks" and a lot of the teenagers grew up, got therapy, came out as trans, ditched their parents, learned to code, whatever.

hell the reason i was drawn in here was i was a poor, latchkey kid with few friends, no money, couldn't afford to go to college, so I worked 2 jobs and spent the rest of my time on the forums while my friends did teenager/college stuff. now im just a regular dude with a computer touching job & 10 more years of actively improving my mental health.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thank you dear Richard for giving me a platform to be the awful person on the internet i wish i could be in real life

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sisal Two-Step posted:

weird vibes in this thread

the nerds getting horny at the mentally ill cum mouth lady and demanding she post nudes :airquote:ironically:airquote: was probably the saddest, most pathetic 2004-era poo poo in a thread where old posters are lamenting they can't use slurs anymore

anyway rip

What is your avatar from?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I have to say, congratulations Ricardo; you finally made me laugh.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
The worst thing about reading this entire thread is trying to explain what I've seen to anyone else

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

moolchaba posted:

Lowtax.

I'm sorry to hear about your death.

I remember that one time when the forums were down and everyone was on your Twitter feed and you had us all get on Twitch and raid random people. That was the first time I ever got on Twitch and I've been a big fan of that since. So thank you for putting me on to that and thank you for the good times, buddy!

Rest in peace.

he cant read that

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
the thing about the quote "goodnight sweet prince" is that it's an incredibly iconic quote from Hamlet, but whenever you see it used on the internet by a terrible nerd you 100% know they're actually quoting the big lebowski, even though the big lebowski was itself obviously quoting hamlet as the whole drat joke, which as a process kind of sums up the failed experiment that is nerd culture

Resplendentoops
Dec 24, 2002

A man, a plan, a canal, Nicaragua!
"Is this heaven?" asked Lowtax.

"Not exactly..." said Bigpeeler, handing him a broom and pail. "C'mon, the zebras are this way."

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

modeski posted:

Why would you be sad if it's "just the internet." :dukedog:

ymstztcv
Nov 13, 2021

by Pragmatica

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

divabot posted:

The worst thing about reading this entire thread is trying to explain what I've seen to anyone else

Wow this guy has other people in his life, nice humblebrag :rolleyes:

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

god its loving depressing to watch an old has been toot his flute.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

smoobles posted:

Wow this guy has other people in his life, nice humblebrag :rolleyes:

I managed to explain it to a group chat full of crypto nerds

"and then the NFT grifter posted"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

Manky posted:

It's 2021!!! holy poo poo grow up
Yeah it'd be helpful to know what these posters consider the sort of glorious humor now forbidden on this forum, and how much of it is actually funny and not just weird personal nostalgia of "oh man when me and my Internet buddies were 16 we were high and spammed the lyrics of 'Dude (Looks Like a Lady)' to some chick with a dick on Everquest. It was comedy gold. All your base are belong to us!"