Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

when a big chunk of people on their cheap plan suddenly lost their plans aren't weren't allowed to get back on them.

wow thats a flash back. i remember they had a "hard drive crash" and that was their stupid reason they used. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Are there any good guides for setting up profiles on Radar? I'm about to install it for the first time and want to upgrade all my movies to either 1080p or 4K/HDR, depending on the movie. But I want to avoid getting a 100gb 1080p version with 12 7.1 audio tracks.

My precious attempts at using Radarr for this have always ended with me just doing it manually, but it's been a few years.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Trash guides

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

kri kri posted:

Trash guides

I'll look these up, thanks.

Does Radarr not analyze the quality of a video? It seems like it relies on you having it in the filename, which I definitely don't have. :/

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EC posted:

I'll look these up, thanks.

Does Radarr not analyze the quality of a video? It seems like it relies on you having it in the filename, which I definitely don't have. :/

It does for me, for sure. Might be a setting but I thinks it’s the default. It definitely lists the media info for me

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
i am installing radarr so i can do movie night again instead of downloading stuff by hand. Last time I used an automatic downloader i had a RSS feed for certified fresh movies that would populate my wanted list.

However i cannot find that RSS feed or a feed that will add movies to my radarr. anyone have any suggestions?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

There are lists you can subscribe to that will do similar things. I know for a while StevenLu lists were the most recommended, but I you can also get them from Trackt or IMDB.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

For people who use Bazarr: What providers do you use?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Diddler posted:

There are lists you can subscribe to that will do similar things. I know for a while StevenLu lists were the most recommended, but I you can also get them from Trackt or IMDB.

It's been a while since I set it up but I only kind of got the IMDB integration working. themoviedb worked much better for me, now I can log in and add a movie to my Watch List and it just shows up in Plex a few hours later. Depending on how much you trust your friends you can even make a burner themoviedb account and give them all the credentials, then they can add movies themselves.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
For a long time I used my computer for work (I work from home) so my plex and Sonaar and etc was on the box I was using for my daily job.

This week I got the new macbook and decided to make it my work machine, and therefore the machine I use most of my day. My "old" computer will remain online 24/7 for gaming and plex purposes. What is best practice for shuttling nzbs to SABNZB on my old machine? (or whatever, not tied to SAB specifically but I currently use it with Sonaar and my indexers so it would be easier).

I assume there's some random way to queue nzb's remotely? I currently just open a splashtop session and bang it out remotely but splashtop kinda sucks.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Taima posted:

For a long time I used my computer for work (I work from home) so my plex and Sonaar and etc was on the box I was using for my daily job.

This week I got the new macbook and decided to make it my work machine, and therefore the machine I use most of my day. My "old" computer will remain online 24/7 for gaming and plex purposes. What is best practice for shuttling nzbs to SABNZB on my old machine? (or whatever, not tied to SAB specifically but I currently use it with Sonaar and my indexers so it would be easier).

I assume there's some random way to queue nzb's remotely? I currently just open a splashtop session and bang it out remotely but splashtop kinda sucks.

Look for an extension for whatever browser you use (eg. nzbget-chrome for Chrome and NZBGet) which integrates with indexers and lets you send an NZB over with one click. If you intend to use this outside your network, you'd have to forward the port SAB uses.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Nzb360 is a great Android app for managing all that and the .arrs, too

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

George RR Fartin posted:

Nzb360 is a great Android app for managing all that and the .arrs, too

I use LunaSea on iOS, which is pretty nice. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to quickly switch between apps, like when I'm 4 layers deep in Sonarr menus and want to see what NZBget is doing, I have to go all the way back to the main screen to get there. It's still nice.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

NZBClient on iOS might be worth installing for you, just a little standalone app that talks with your indexers and nzbget.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

more falafel please posted:

I use LunaSea on iOS, which is pretty nice. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to quickly switch between apps, like when I'm 4 layers deep in Sonarr menus and want to see what NZBget is doing, I have to go all the way back to the main screen to get there. It's still nice.

I'm totally with you on this, I like LunaSea a lot but it's a real pain in the rear end to have to backtrack through every layer that got you to where you are just to switch from SAB to -arr or whatever.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Is there a good alternative to thecubenet with the same pricing range and coverage? Previously I paid a fiver for about 25 gig, and that just ran out so I just shelled out another 8 quid for a 50 gig block. Both times I've had problems with login/password and had to contact support, which were nice but the entire thing is pretty lovely. I was hoping to do some downloading tonight on my server for a movie night tomorrow, and unless their support works weekends there's basically no chance of that happening now :smith:

I do also have a blocknews account but it's not really getting many hits for this specific thing

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

alexandriao posted:

Is there a good alternative to thecubenet with the same pricing range and coverage? Previously I paid a fiver for about 25 gig, and that just ran out so I just shelled out another 8 quid for a 50 gig block. Both times I've had problems with login/password and had to contact support, which were nice but the entire thing is pretty lovely. I was hoping to do some downloading tonight on my server for a movie night tomorrow, and unless their support works weekends there's basically no chance of that happening now :smith:

I do also have a blocknews account but it's not really getting many hits for this specific thing

I use Tweak News as a backup and have been happy. €7 for 50 gigs. They also have a trial for 7 days on recurring plans if you want to try them out first.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

alexandriao posted:

if it is dmca removed on blocknews it is almost guaranteed to be gone on cube to (not to mention cube has lovely retention to begin with). unless by "hits" you mean you cant even find search results for it? your best bet is to find a repost that works on Blocknews.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

SlipperyNipple posted:

if it is dmca removed on blocknews it is almost guaranteed to be gone on cube to (not to mention cube has lovely retention to begin with). unless by "hits" you mean you cant even find search results for it? your best bet is to find a repost that works on Blocknews.

I used to be able to get hits on thecubenet, but not on blocknews, for a specific show. I'm not entirely sure _why_ but for anything above 480p fails on blocknews alone. This implies that thecubenet covers stuff that blocknews doesn't. There are almost no reposts. Maybe because of DMCA? Who knows. All I know is that thecubenet absolutely sucks. Their support is very responsive but if I need to go through this:

- "here is my server config pasted directly. as you can see my login/password are correct. however my login/pw is not being accepted, can you fix it thanks"
- "wow are you sure you have the right details??? here ive sent over the post-sign-up-details i hope it helps!"
- "yeah no that's absolutely not the problem. as you can see by my config"
- "oh sorry! it was something on the server and its fixed now"

every single time I buy storage from them, I'm definitely not buying from them in the future and would like an alternative. It's just mind-numbingly frustrating.

Burden posted:

I use Tweak News as a backup and have been happy. €7 for 50 gigs. They also have a trial for 7 days on recurring plans if you want to try them out first.

thanks i will take a look!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I ended up dropping Radarr, its successful hit rate was like 1/8, I'll just monitor it myself.

It was pulling down wrongly named movies constantly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That’s not usual behavior. It happens super rarely when a file gets added to an indexer and there’s an incorrect IMDb number in the nfo, maybe the sources you’re using have some issues?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

That’s not usual behavior. It happens super rarely when a file gets added to an indexer and there’s an incorrect IMDb number in the nfo, maybe the sources you’re using have some issues?
Yep, I can't even remember the last time it grabbed the wrong file. Probably never. Sounds like a config issue. I would literally never go back to manually grabbing thing I think I would just give up and leave the high seas.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Check where it failed and its spread over a bunch of indexers, I just disabled for now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

radarr definitely needs more hand-holding than Sonarr does.

its always grabbing movies that i have already downloaded watched and deleted, even when i tell it not to.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I’ve actually had it happen a couple of times recently too, but it’s a small price to pay to not have to check things constantly.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
It has definitely been a bit weird recently but it's far from the majority. In the last 30 days 3 out of 48 downloads triggered by Radarr were entirely wrong. The rest were perfect.

It is weird what it decides to do when it gets things wrong though. None of the three errors were even close, I have no clue why it did what it did. One of the three things it grabbed wrongly was software.

Still totally worth it to not have to manually manage things. I don't have a data cap and it always realizes it hosed up before it replaces anything so the harm is limited to some temporary internet slowdown and disk churn on my server.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Indexer or torrent? Usually indexers are confined to certain categories so it shouldn’t have been able to get something from a Software one. Might be worth looking and seeing if any of them have comments from other people, sometimes you get people who do poo poo on purpose but it feels a long time since I’ve suffered that. I had a single wrong film come down recently, and it looked like it was just down to a filing mistake on the indexer. A shame, it’s something I’m looking forward to!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I pretty much only use radarr when i want to grab a movie that isnt out yet and I dont want to forget about grabbing it. any other time I will just go and manually pick an nzb and then manually move it to my NAS for Plex to scan and do all the metadata stuff.

my movies folder is messy as its a bunch of radarr renamed stuff and film.name.2008.h265 etc but it all comes through as expected in Plex so i dont really care given i dont really watch films that much.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Indexer or torrent? Usually indexers are confined to certain categories so it shouldn’t have been able to get something from a Software one. Might be worth looking and seeing if any of them have comments from other people, sometimes you get people who do poo poo on purpose but it feels a long time since I’ve suffered that. I had a single wrong film come down recently, and it looked like it was just down to a filing mistake on the indexer. A shame, it’s something I’m looking forward to!
Indexer. Two from DS, one from .su. One of the two on DS is still tagged as the wrong thing and the other has comments complaining about it not being the thing Radarr thought it was so that definitely looks like DS got it wrong there too.

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?
Just a heads up - looks like Usenet.farm's black Friday sale is already live. Got an email saying that the sale is on until December 5th 23:59 UTC. .

The coupons for this years Black Friday sale are:
BF2021 gives 55% discount on our "Stingy" and "To The Max" package (at least 6 months)
BF2021BLOCK gives 55% discount on our 500GB package (at least 2 blocks so 1000GB)

I've been using them as my block provider/back up for a few years and have been happy with their service.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Is there anything like Popcorn Time but for Usenet? I'm over my friends and having to use cloudflare's warp service with doh, and basically all of my torrents are failing, except for the ones through Popcorn Time which for some reason is succeeding?

Sonarr / Radarr look like overkill given that I don't have any robust infra set up to handle this poo poo. At the moment I'm just using nzbget as a program to pull down nzbs, I'd have to make a thing to make them all start up and shut down in tandem because I don't want to be constantly running it as a server or anything.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

alexandriao posted:

Is there anything like Popcorn Time but for Usenet? I'm over my friends and having to use cloudflare's warp service with doh, and basically all of my torrents are failing, except for the ones through Popcorn Time which for some reason is succeeding?

Sonarr / Radarr look like overkill given that I don't have any robust infra set up to handle this poo poo. At the moment I'm just using nzbget as a program to pull down nzbs, I'd have to make a thing to make them all start up and shut down in tandem because I don't want to be constantly running it as a server or anything.
The thing with Usenet is that it's not distributed peer-to-peer. It's still distributed, but between a limited set of providers. Those providers are subject to the laws of the countries in which they operate and most of them operate from countries that have an analog to the American DMCA where if someone posts copyrighted content then the copyright holders or their agents can request that content be removed from the service.

If you are interested in content for which the DMCA may be relevant, you will often have a limited time before enough segments are removed from the major providers to prevent a successful download. Having systems running at the time the content is posted is key to reliably downloading certain things.

You can still use these tools intermittently but there will be some rough spots and you won't be getting the most out of them.

Unless you're really tight for resources I'd just leave them running as services. You can set timed throttles in nzbget so it won't flood your internet at a bad time, or pause it when gaming so it doesn't steal CPU time.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

First time I ran into this with Sonarr...seems to be totally ignoring everything I try when adding a certain series.

It's there in the indexer, named good, etc. Even doing manual interactive search in Sonarr shows absolutely nothing in the list.

Other series working fine.

JSON Bourne
Jun 1, 2004
The logs will show you what string its using to search and might show you where the trouble is. I've only run into something similar when I add a series wrong, like Jeopardy is a daily but if I add it as a standard show it won't find episodes in searching.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hmmm...about the only thing I can think of is there is a ":" in the title of the series on sonarr but on the indexer, no colon.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Since it's Black Friday again, any information on the state of the backbones and whatnot?

Last year I bought blocks of NewsDemon and TheCubeNet, then they became the same thing or something.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Craptacular! posted:

Since it's Black Friday again, any information on the state of the backbones and whatnot?

Last year I bought blocks of NewsDemon and TheCubeNet, then they became the same thing or something.

Lol same.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
Same I have newshosting and blocknews for backup which is the same, I bought usenet.farm block to diversify.
Also from r/usenet here is the current backbone map https://un.catnip.cloud/ .

This deal is pretty good https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/signup/index.php?promo=exclusive-bf-2021 .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Perplx posted:

Same I have newshosting and blocknews for backup which is the same, I bought usenet.farm block to diversify.
Also from r/usenet here is the current backbone map https://un.catnip.cloud/ .

This deal is pretty good https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/signup/index.php?promo=exclusive-bf-2021 .

"Includes 3 Free Months of Service"

"Exclusive Special, billed once for 12+3 months at $2.99/mo ($44.85 total), and then every 12 months)

Calling it 3 free months is a bit of a joke when those 3 months are part of the cost, lol.