Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Nenonen posted:

Wolt has been in news lately for some reason. From what I've learned over the years, nations should be administered just like businesses. Looking at Wolt, they have borrowed a ton of money yet haven't made any kind of profit ever.

Hmmmmm? :thunk:

What I got from the Wolt thing is that since their drivers are yrittäjäs taking yrittäjäriski, they need to get a cut from the sale.

Allocate 10% of the sales price these yrittäjäs, and divide it according to how many individual contracts they had with Wolt. Seems fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I'm gonna read this book.

2020-luvun yhteiskuntapolitiikka Osmo Soininvaara.

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000008392541.html

doverhog fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 13, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

doverhog posted:

What I got from the Wolt thing is that since their drivers are yrittäjäs taking yrittäjäriski, they need to get a cut from the sale.

Allocate 10% of the sales price these yrittäjäs, and divide it according to how many individual contracts they had with Wolt. Seems fair.

Unfortunately the deliverers weren't property of Wolt as one might think and even less share owners, they were just independent business pardners. Equal partners, too. But I find your suggestion good, it just has to go both ways. When a conglomerate is sold for billions, workers/partners should get a slice. And when a worker/partner sells their used up Corolla for 100 bucks, the conglomerate should get a fair share.

Soininvaara seems to be going down the same rabbit hole as Wahlroos and other great thinkers.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Soininvaara seems to be going down the same rabbit hole as Wahlroos and other great thinkers.

He's been consistent and honest for years.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Beyond OK Boomer:

https://www.satakunnankansa.fi/satakunta/art-2000008398057.html

Paywall but you get the olennainen

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

doverhog posted:

He's been consistent and honest for years.

All the same. Just another bootstraps boomer yelling from an ivory tower.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

”Johan pomppasi. Tervetuloa Soinivaaralle vaan tutustumaan pienipalkkaisten arkeen, jossa jo nykyäänkin aivan liian moni joutuu turvautumaan yhteiskunnan tukiin pärjätäkseen. Kurjistetaan elämää entisestään. Sellaistako maailmaa todella halutaan”, palvelualan työntekijöitä edustavan Pamin puheenjohtaja Annika Rönni-Sällinen kommentoi Twitterissä.

Comment on suggestion that the people who already need toimeentulotuki would instead get perustulo or some equivalent.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Soininvaara is nothing but logical in his thinking.

I just don't understand to what he bases his premise that there are huge number of workers who are too low quality to be worth of decent wage.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Nothing but pure logic.

Garbage in, garbage out.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
How about we first do perustulo and then start fiddling with wages? Because doing it the other way around is 99% certain to result into lower wages and promises of perustulo for the next 30+ years.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Fish of hemp posted:

Soininvaara is nothing but logical in his thinking.

I just don't understand to what he bases his premise that there are huge number of workers who are too low quality to be worth of decent wage.

He is a statistician. It is not a moral argument, but rather an attempt to address reality as it is. He is working within the market system, and attempting to find what would work within that framework.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

doverhog posted:

Mikä teistä on Liberan tarkoitus? Minusta se puolustaa yhteiskunnan tehokkuutta ja vastustaa valtavirran Kokoomuksen ja Keskustan hyvä veli kähmintää.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Lol, didn't doverhog once claim to vote for some Libera ghoul who was the lone green dot at the far upper right corner of the vaalikone diagram?

(not Soininvaara, just to be clear)

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Fish of hemp posted:

The fact that long term unemployment exists, I guess. Basic income would be preferable to toimeentulotuki.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Fish of hemp posted:

There’s quite a few people with just elementary school education, around 30% I think and currently very limited number of jobs available them. Options are to either send them back to school, or subsidise their salaries.

There’s another issue that they’re often living in areas where there are not and will not be any jobs but Kepu is gonna Kepu and that is another issue.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Stubb Dogg posted:

There’s another issue that they’re often living in areas where there are not and will not be any jobs but Kepu is gonna Kepu and that is another issue.

This is tied to how it's impossible to take a home in Kainuu on its own property and transport all of that to Töölö where finding work would be easier, it's likewise impossible to sell your lande home for any kind of money that would help you find a similar property in Töölö.

Not to mention that Helsinki is a dystopian hellhole inhabited by, among others, Helsinkians.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Nenonen posted:

Not to mention that Helsinki is a dystopian hellhole inhabited by, among others, Helsinkians.

58% of them were born somewhere else. Just move here, we're not like Turku, we accept all kinds of assholes. :)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I was born in Helsinki, no way I'm going back there.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
moved here years ago and i love it. piritori, karhupuisto and kontula feel like some dreamy hell dream manifested from a dystopian rap epic about the entrophic fall of all human efforts. feels like a home i never had before

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Everyone considering moving south, please just move to Helsinki and stay there. Property prices elsewhere in Uusimaa are bad enough as they are and we can't stand the distance working hipsters who are escaping Helsinki in droves and ruining every nice town in the vicinity of pääkaupunki for the rest of us. (yeah i know, lmao at there being "nice towns" in uusimaa, let's be honest and say somewhat habitable instead)

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I've lived now in Espoo for about a year now. It feels more like a collection of towns than a real city and all the places that have a chance of feeling like a real city are hugging Helsinki anyway so I'm moving back because like said above, the difference in rent is not really present anymore.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle
Helsinki is what it is due to geography but housing prices are still reasonable in Turku, Tampere, Oulu and Jyväskylä. What is not reasonable is that certain party insists on propping up rural counties that are not viable in any way. Maakunta reform will not end up well because there’s still twice as many of them as we need.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Stubb Dogg posted:

There’s quite a few people with just elementary school education, around 30% I think

Where did you get that number? It might be true for older generations, but for younger ones the percentage has been around 15% or less.

The most current data I found gave the percentage of over 15 year olds at 26%, and that's artificially high, because it is counted from everyone over 15, not over 18 or 19-year olds, ie. people who've had time to actually complete a degree.

Warden fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 14, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

I've lived now in Espoo for about a year now. It feels more like a collection of towns than a real city and all the places that have a chance of feeling like a real city are hugging Helsinki anyway so I'm moving back because like said above, the difference in rent is not really present anymore.

Espoo being more like a collection of towns rather than a city is the only thing that makes it barely livable

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was in Tikkurila once, and walked around for an hour or so and just started chuckling to myself because it was literally All Raisio. It was loving surreal.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Andrast posted:

Espoo being more like a collection of towns rather than a city is the only thing that makes it barely livable

Eh, I like living in a place with some kind of identity. Espoo probably has even less inhabitants born in the place than Helsinki so I guess that also makes it seem a bit rootless.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

Eh, I like living in a place with some kind of identity. Espoo probably has even less inhabitants born in the place than Helsinki so I guess that also makes it seem a bit rootless.

Espoo is the closest we've gotten to Corbusier's "machines to live in", spread out over what used to be pretty nice countryside.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Andrast posted:

Kepu sympathizer spotted.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I went to a job interview in Espoo and the cab ride from "Espoon keskus" (whatever the gently caress that's supposed to be) to the office was about ½ an hour through honest-to-goodness forest. They just decided to build an office park in the middle of a forest. I guess it's cheap but a big gently caress you to anyone who doesn't want to own an automobile.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Kepu sympathizer spotted.

I thought accusing someone of being a nonce without proof was bannable.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I thought accusing someone of being a nonce without proof was bannable.

I don't think it's noncing even if the cows are underage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

living in a forest would be pretty sweet if the commutes weren't so lovely

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
helsinki owns but i'd probably hate it if i had ever lived somewhere else

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

junan_paalla posted:

helsinki owns but i'd probably hate it if i had ever lived somewhere else

Everywhere else sucks. I will never leave Stadi again. RIP to landes suffering in here but im built different.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I think helsinki might be worse than actually dying personally.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Andrast posted:

living in a forest would be pretty sweet if the commutes weren't so lovely

This is why my employer can pry my "1 day a week at the office" agreemen from my cold, dead (possibly quit) hands.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Maa- ja metsätalousministeriön saisi lakkauttaa.

https://twitter.com/mmm_fi/status/1460245709698052096

"Hahahaha you try to protect any forests, good luck with that bitch :newlol:"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-12190662

"Puolueiden kokonaisimago"

Lähde: Kantar TNS Oy 2021, grafiikka: Lasse Isokangas / Yle

...mielenkiintoinen valinta Ylen graafikolta, mutta käy se noinkin. Tuohon taulukkoon nyt kuitenkaan ei kannata ripustautua, linkin takana on enemmän käppyröitä. Jotenkin erityisen mielenkiintoista on ero arvioissa Ohisalon ja Anderssonin vetovoimaisuudessa johtajina, kun molemmat näyttäytyvät vihervasemmistolaisina mutta vain toinen heistä jää Annika Saarikon taakse kyselyssä. Häh?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

This is why my employer can pry my "1 day a week at the office" agreemen from my cold, dead (possibly quit) hands.

My employer went from one day a week at the office to three days a week at the office and I told my boss Im gonna find a new job unless they give me raise to offset the fact that I have to commute more often or live near the PK-seutu again lol

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Kevyet Mullat Wexteenille.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Vihreiden nykytilannetta vois selittää osaltaan se, että aiemmilla hallituskausillaan ne ovat aina olleet sinipunahallituksissa. Linjaa ovat vetäneet joko oikeistodemarit tai kokoomus ja oppositiossa on ollut keskusta ja myöhemmin ps. Vihreiden oikeistosiipi on siis pysynyt tyytyväisenä eikä vasemmalla siivellä ole ollut mitään minne livetä, kun sd/vas ovat olleet yhtälailla hallituksessa eivätkä ne kepulaisiksikaan voi ryhtyä. Lipponen II ja Katainen/Stubb oli myös niin laajapohjaisia hallituksia että niistä saattoi tiukan paikan tullen erota kokonaan ilman että koko hallitus kaatuu. Nyt tilanne on ihan eri, kun ollaankin isolla eduskuntaryhmällä aika niukkaenemmistöisessä vasemmistohallituksessa ja oppositiossa on kokoomus. Ilmastoasiat ovat hallitusohjelmassa isossa roolissa, mutta niissä keihäänkärkenä onkin SDP. Vihreiden vasemmassa laidassa on varmasti jo joku huomannut, että sd ja vasemmistoliitto ovat ilmasto- ja ihmisoikeusasioissa ihan samoilla linjoilla mutta niillä on jopa sellainenkin asia kuin johdonmukainen yhteiskuntafilosofinen ja talouspoliittinen ideologia siinä pohjalla, mitä vihreillä ei ole koskaan oikein ollut (ja niillä on vielä ne valovoimaisemmat johtajatkin). Oikea laita taas vuotaa ihan varmasti kokoomukseen, kun aiemmin pöhinäpohjalta vihreitä äänestäneet ovat yhtäkkiä hoksanneet että ilmasto- ja ihmisoikeusasioiden todellinen edistäminen vaatiikin jonkinlaista kollektiivista vastuunottoa ja eihän se nyt tietenkään sovi. Mitään näppärää kontrastipuoluettakaan vihreillä ei juuri nyt ole, kun PS on kasvanut liian isoksi ja kepu on kuihtunut liian pieneksi. Eikä mitään isoa protestiperformanssiakaan voi tässä hallituksessa oikein suorittaa ilman että koko korttitalo kaatuu, millä imagopisteet tuskin nousisivat yhtään tässä tilanteessa, varsinkin kun siihen ei ole mitään kunnollista syytäkään kun hallitusohjelmaa on vihreiden kynnyskysymysten suhteen ymmärtääkseni noudatettu. Eli kaiken kaikkiaan vihreät kärsivät koska vasemmisto on kerrankin valtaan päästessään parempi ajamaan niitä asioita joita vihreät väittävät ajavansa, ja markkinaliberaalit vihreiden äänestäjät tietenkin mieluummin loikkaavat kokoomukseen kuin katsovat peiliin.