Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pls dont point out to americans that celcius was created to be human readable and is specifically made for stuff like air temp, and fahrenheits scale is based off what made it easier for a scientist to divide the markings on his instruments and not anything to do with how humans percieve things, it makes them VERY angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Thread I have an important question: who would make a better Hulk, Doom Slayer or Frisk from Undertale?

DOOM SLAYER:
- Pros:
* Lots of suppressed rage
* Superhuman strength, can literally tear a persons head off with his bare hands
* His armor's kinda green I guess
- Cons:
* Really just angry all the time, no real Jekyll/Hyde dynamic
* Too many guns, Rips and Tears only most of the time instead of all of the time

FRISK:
- Pros:
* Sweet exterior with a hidden dark side
* Immense capacity for destruction
* Powers tied to their mental state, becomes more powerful and unstoppable as they get angrier
- Cons:
* Power is more eldritch/arcane in nature, not really hulking out
* Pants are blue, not purple

Related: who would make a better She-Hulk, Sae Niijima or Maya Fey?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

hatty posted:

Fahrenheit is better than Celsius for weather

I had that discussion once. It did not end well for me.
For what it's worth Fahrenheit sucks.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cant cook creole bream posted:

I had that discussion once. It did not end well for me.

lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I propose a new scale, specifically designed with weather in mind. 0 is at 31F/-0.5C, the temperature at which frostbite starts becoming a risk. 100 is at 77F/25C, the temperature at which heat stroke becomes a concern

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 13, 2021

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if it's between 0 and 100 you're safe the weather can't hurt you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

* Powers tied to their mental state, becomes more powerful and unstoppable as they get angrier

well this is literally in those exact words the hulk's superpower so how is this even a choice

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'd use that tbh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That is always my #1 concern... I hate having to calculate in my head after reading the weather report, just tell me, am I gonna die if I go out without a shirt or pants today?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I propose a new scale, specifically designed with weather in mind. 0 is at 31F/-0.5C, the temperature at which frostbite starts becoming a risk. 100 is at 77F/25C the temperature at which heat stroke becomes a concern

drat I would not have guessed heat stroke to be so low

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I don’t know many Americans who would defend Fahrenheit, but I also only surround myself with the most intellectual of people

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Today it is a pleasant 24C outside, but tomorrow it will be a scorching unbearable 26C.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

haveblue posted:

well this is literally in those exact words the hulk's superpower so how is this even a choice

Yes but Hulk gets bigger and greener as he gets angrier while Fisk gets possessed by the devil so its not quite 1:1 there.

Edit: I guess I should spoiler that just to be safe?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

Today it is a pleasant 24C outside, but tomorrow it will be a scorching unbearable 26C.

Exactly

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
This temperature shits confusing, here let me simplify it:

- gently caress YOU
- HAWT
- Hot
- Warm
- Nice
- Okay
- Cool
- Cooler
- Chilly
- Cold
- Freezing
- loving COLD
- Nasty

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I don’t know many Americans who would defend Fahrenheit, but I also only surround myself with the most intellectual of people

you'd be surprised!

exquisite tea posted:

this is 75f to 79f, for the curious yet lazy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

1. preheat the oven to gently caress YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Stux posted:

pls dont point out to americans that celcius was created to be human readable and is specifically made for stuff like air temp, and fahrenheits scale is based off what made it easier for a scientist to divide the markings on his instruments and not anything to do with how humans percieve things, it makes them VERY angry.

As an American I don't care.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jay Rust posted:

That is always my #1 concern... I hate having to calculate in my head after reading the weather report, just tell me, am I gonna die if I go out without a shirt or pants today?

Just remember that room temperature is about 68 F/20 C and judge it compared to that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Just remember that room temperature is about 68 F/20 C and judge it compared to that.

My rooms change temperature with the weather do yours not

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

cheetah7071 posted:

My rooms change temperature with the weather do yours not

Cool but maybe try reading the post I was responding to first.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Cool but maybe try reading the post I was responding to first.

Room temperature isn't a single specific temperature and thus isn't particularly helpful as a comparison to anything

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk where this is going but my own post was a (funny) joke about a silly person who needs to explicitly be told whether or not it’d be lethal to go outside today wearing nothing but boxer shorts

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

cheetah7071 posted:

Room temperature isn't a single specific temperature and thus isn't particularly helpful as a comparison to anything

It's a helpful comparison to figure out what outside temperature might feel like in relation to "room temperature" which is generally agreed to be around 68F/20C. Feel free to ignore this simple advice if you are going to be pedantic about it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Generally agreed by who

If its not the actual temperature of your rooms, which will vary wildly based on the weather, heating, AC, what floor they're on, and the presence of electronics, I legitimately don't get how it's supposed to be helpful

Like any comparison that starts with "the rooms you're in tend to be around 20C" is not going to be useful because that premise isn't true

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's a helpful comparison to figure out what outside temperature might feel like in relation to "room temperature" which is generally agreed to be around 68F/20C. Feel free to ignore this simple advice if you are going to be pedantic about it.

68f indoors is freezing are you kidding me

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Vermain posted:

It's better for everything, since negative numbers to indicate the freezing point of water (and, therefore, cold) makes much more logical sense than "anything below 32"

it's not even cold until it's below 0f

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao if you don't use kelvin

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is a new flavour of temperature unit chat, nice

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

you'd die in finland

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

this is my temperature scale

(imagine there are also faces to the left)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

you'd die in finland

i'd simply live in the sauna

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All the weather needs to do is say "hot" or "cold"

Numbers muck it up

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

i'd simply live in the sauna

acceptable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

this is the current temp of my apartment

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Andrast posted:

lmao if you don't use kelvin

i basically always used kelvins in school if anything C was the one which got basically no use

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Kelvin is the only one where temperature math actually works. Like 60 is not twice as hot as 30 in either f or c, but it is in k

Hang on in gonna make a temperature scale where 0 is absolute zero and 100 is the minimum temperature needed to sustain nuclear fusion inside a star

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I like my temperature unit like I like my toilet paper facing: correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

Kelvin is the only one where temperature math actually works. Like 60 is not twice as hot as 30 in either f or c, but it is in k

Hang on in gonna make a temperature scale where 0 is absolute zero and 100 is the minimum temperature needed to sustain nuclear fusion inside a star

i'm gonna make a scale where your posts actually register as good

sorry this seemed mean but i'm still gonna hit post on it