Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Just found this, love FM LPs. time to join the Ged fan club. :gedin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Imagine only Ged, it is easy if you try.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ged with the program

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

What if Ged was one of us?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

sebzilla posted:

What if Ged was one of us?
drat you, I was saving that for the next update! :argh:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

We're back in the FA trophy to face our old friends Blyth.

Well Blyth made it difficult by sitting 10 men behind the ball and showing less than 0 ambition until extra time and they almost nicked it until Aaron jones scored a thunderbolt, so we'll be seeing them again.

Ah poo poo, here we go again.

Ged.

We're headed down to the white cliffs of Dover for this one, hopefully the lads don't have too much of the powder.

Too much of the powder lads, loving hell.

This is a big game, Wrexham are genuinely nipping at our heels only 4 points behind with plenty of games to catch up, chesterfield are a good side and we need a result. In Ged we trust.

Oh loving hell, this is really bad.

:stare:

Right well, there's no more room for error, we need to stamp our authority on Sutton here to make up for this slide.

Well we made an error but we get a stay of execution because Wrexham drew too.

This is a nightmare.

On the bright side we get to alleviate the crushing pressure of being top of the league and instead we get to play a local derby in a quarter final of a cup, lovely!

Didn't want to win the FA trophy anyway.

Well against Solihull we have two choices, get a positive result or probably lose top spot.

Finally, some good loving results.

Wrexham won too, so same situation as before, we need to be this consistently good until Wrexham slip up.

Once again we're at the most important game of the season (so far)

We just need to win.

Just, win, baby.

We just won! baby!

But so did Wrexham so nothing fundamentally changes.

Next up is Boreham wood, it's very much a blink first and it's over for us and Wrexham, whoever slips up first will probably fall away.

Well we both drew, so nothing changes.

Only five games remaining so we are well and truly in the run in now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's squeaky bum time

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Lube up Ged and make sure he becomes a greasy pig no one can catch.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How did you from 10 points up to this?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How did you from 10 points up to this?

the odd hosed up result+wrexham winning 8 on the bounce.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You playing wrexham are the same time?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

You playing wrexham are the same time?

No one would play Wrexham in a FM LP

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

we've been saying this.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Rarity posted:

Who would even consider it?

C'mon you Dragons of Wales!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Last update was alot like groundhog day so hopefully this update SOMETHING ANYTHING! will change.

Next up is Barnet who we should really really stomp into the mud.

Well, it wasn't pretty but we got over the line which is all that matters, really.

Here's something to break up the high pressure we're under. I've been yelling at the board to give me a senior affiliate and regular affiliate every time I've had the option but they can't find a senior one, so we'll have Newcastle Blue Star to buy players from if they ever get a decent regen.

It's been known to happen.

Oh and we can banish players to newcastle at will, which is very important.

AND we got a trial day, it's all coming up Darlington!

Oh for fucks sake.

Alright time to get back to playing football, the situation is simple.

One point ahead, four games to go, no head to heads.

Just win baby.

We just won! Baby!

I doubt the bookies even take bets on Ged 1-0 at this point in the season.

That goal was his 30th in the league, by the way.

Ah, the best time of year.

Well in all my years of playing football manager I have never ever seen an Iraqi regen before, so that's exciting.

First up is Joey Pitts, he seems a decent prospect so far especially when you consider how hard it is to find a left back.

Charlie smith here will probably not make it due to his personality, although I'm sure Tony McMahon signed him to appease Obliterati specifically.

Barber here has some exciting mentals for his age but his personality is both very rare and very bad.

Doyle here is actually probably the most exciting other than Joey Pitts, his good starting stats combined with his good personality gives me hope.

There is no regen I want more in the world for than Sajjad here to actually make it, it'd be awesome.

We'll move on and see how the kids do in the future.

We're playing Scunthorpe next, still one point between us and the great satan Wrexham.

Ged! shined like a star as we beat Scunthorpe and Wrexham lost! So we're 4 points clear with 2 games to go!

Here's how Bigger has been progressing by the way, I'll probably be using him as my backup striker next season for you know who.

No need to break out the calculators, if we win today we win the league.

Simple as.

Well we lost but so did Wrexham, so the title is ours meaning we get to celebrate with the yeovil fans that made the journey.

I will admit I knew we were capable of going up twice, it is still a pretty mad achievement even if it did get very very close at the end.

Next season will be very difficult.

The club is going to go professional (it would need to anyway, due to league 2 rules) but it's good we'll be getting it out of the way early.

still, we have another game to play this season.

Last game of the season, my team selection will be purely sentimental, so all youngsters and Nicky Hunt who is retiring soon.

Well we didn't end it on a high but we got to say goodbye to Nicky Hunt.

Join me next time for the epilogue, the off season, the pre season and perhaps... the orb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ged the gently caress in

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OencLhL4UPc

ItohRespectArmy posted:

That goal was his 30th in the league, by the way.

The Adam Armstrong of the National League.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

karmicknight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OencLhL4UPc

The Adam Armstrong of the National League.

he actually scored more than adam armstrong, even more so in all competitions.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

he actually scored more than adam armstrong, even more so in all competitions.

Can Bordeaux even afford Ged at this point, then?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

karmicknight posted:

Can Bordeaux even afford Ged at this point, then?

the predict transfer budget for Darlington and Bordeaux is genuinely the same number.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lol and also, lmao.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You're probably gonna lose Ged in transfer season :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

You're probably gonna lose Ged in transfer season :(

Following last year's Charman incident we have taken measures to prevent this. Some may say our on-site accommodation and welfare system is "not dissimilar to prison conditions" but those people won't be taking a 30 goal a season striker into League 2

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Ged!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

The board does not seem to love Ged! as much as all of us sadly.

Ged did win the golden boot in the Vanarama National, by the by.

Here's our best 11 for the season, too.

Now time for the "how many awards did get get?" section

Ged has been voted, the fans player of the season, the young player of the season, the signing of the season, the top goalscorer, the highest match rating, and the most player of the match awards.

He also broke our overall goals record, our league goal record, our match goal record, and our player of the match record.

The only awards Ged! missed out on were goal of the season and most assists.

We are now a true and real professional club, this will have the upside of more staff and more training sessions but our army of journeymen will have to depart to greener pastures.

We're also making the stadium better to match the league regs.

I'm sure you'll all be devastated to know that Wrexham got promoted too.

First signing of the new era is Tomlinson, a really capable midfielder who will probably play alot of games.

Nicky Hunt has earned his retirement.

Otoh we needed another coach so we made him into one.

Wheatley has been sold, I was looking to move on from him anyway and he wanted to leave after not playing much, so it seemed good for everyone.

I've signed Dougui also, who will join the mix of wingers competing to get the most assists to Ged! this season.

First friendly of the season is versus Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale, who we defeat with EASE.

A big big win versus hednesford here as our friendly campaign continues, I'm still trying to nail down some big signings.

We finally got that senior affiliate, so now newcastle can banish players to Darlington.

:stonk:

That is really not great.

We put up a good fight versus Sunderland but it wasn't quite enough.

Newcastle blue star are no match for the mighty Darlington.

Here's the first of our huge signings this season as part of our loan deal with newcastle, Tarensi here will probably start every single game despite costing us literally nothing to loan.

Same story here with Brookwell, he'll be a key player and cost us nothing in the process, especially good considering hodnett's massive injury.

Lol and also lmao as we beat newcastle's u23's

We beat the spartans (all the ones outside of blyth, I assume) as our pre season comes to an end.

That'll be it for this off season, we'll probably make some signings mid season but that'll be for next time.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Loan Largie Ramazani from Manchester United to play with Bigger imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who needs big signings when we already have a Bigger signing?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

First game of the season will be a carabao-coca cola-milk-capital one-honey mustard bbq-snickers-kfc cup game versus Hull.

Hull notable for being one of the few places worse than Darlington.

Well that was unexpected, especially when you consider Hull are a championship team currently.

Next up is our first league fixture with Leyton Orient, I honestly have no idea how we're gona do this season, the bookies have us coming rock bottom with 350-1 odds but we were also predicted to get relegated last season so, you never know.

Whew, that is not great.

Atleast we still created plenty of chances.

The dream is dead folks, Largie and Bigger will not be happening

AFC Wimbledon is a phoenix club of Wimbledon who essentially had their club stolen after it was moved to Milton Keynes and renamed Milton Keynes Dons although you it must be said that a soulless husk of a club with no history to speak of is really the best description for a football club based in Milton Keynes.

Wimbledon's promotion record from non league is actually more impressive than Darlington's and there was a short period where Wimbledon were actually higher in the league system than MK dons.

All that out of the way though, I hope we smash them.

It does appear that Ged! is still unstoppable and we are still lethal on the counter attack at the very least.

Can't say I know a single thing about Stevenage to be honest, I just hope we win.

This might be a very very long season if we keep shipping goals like this.

Norwich are currently at the premier league side of their yo-yo so this would be a big scalp if we win and if not, atleast we're getting some cash.

The cynical part of me would've traded this for a win versus Stevenage but my whimiscal side seeing a 17 year old bag a brace versus a premier league team for a league 2 team is just too sweet a sight.

Many thanks to Grant Hanley who despite his 32 caps for Scotland felt the need to get sent off to own Bigger.

Carlisle united can boast probably the greatest relegation escape ever, when Jimmy Glass their goalkeeper scored to keep them up on the last day of the season but otherwise, they're pretty unremarkable.

Great story though.

Ged! had an injury in training so Bigger will get a Big chance here to cement himself in the first team.

Alright we're probably gona go down this season but if we do, we'll atleast be the most entertaining team despite it.

We could really use a result against northampton just to keep morale up, I'm working on some loan signings to try and sort out our defence but I don't want us dead and buried by the time they get here.

Can't complain too much about an away draw.

Here's hoping we find some form next time.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
welcome to the loving jungle apparently.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maybe we can go back to the National League if we ask nicely :sigh:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Shame about Largie.

Have some Jimmy Glass content instead:

https://youtu.be/uURN7BVzTEY

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Congratulations on the double promotion! League 2 is the fourth highest league, right?

It would be nice if you could post the league table at least every few posts. Makes it easy to keep up with where you are in comparison to the rest.

I actually thought you were doing very well and was surprised to see you that far down in the league, until I noticed that two of the three victories were in some cup instead of where it really is important…

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

DTurtle posted:

Congratulations on the double promotion! League 2 is the fourth highest league, right?

It would be nice if you could post the league table at least every few posts. Makes it easy to keep up with where you are in comparison to the rest.

I actually thought you were doing very well and was surprised to see you that far down in the league, until I noticed that two of the three victories were in some cup instead of where it really is important…

Yeah it is.

I do try to, It's a bad habit that I don't tbh.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Cup is what matters, the league is for the birds.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
This is kinda funny, normally (I reckon anyway) a team good enough to get out of the vanarama national is good enough to fight for play-offs in league 2 with minimal assistance, but the non contract guys have given you a huge boost without that core being in place so now you're struggling more than I expected.

Like, real teams that are big-ish get relegated to VN from league 2 and cannot get up again because the top 8 teams are the same quality as the top half league 2 teams.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 16, 2021

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Time to get this relegation dogfight well and truly under way, I'm still scrambling to fix our glaring holes that I thought we'd be able to get away with having.

We managed to scrape a draw to stop the rot just a little bit.

Next up is Morecambe whom I hope we can actually win against instead of just drawing our way to oblivion.

A good 1-0 win for sure.

In a classic example of going back to the well I signed Adam Curry who immediately became our best centre back.

here's the table, it's still very tight so a single win will usually shoot you up a few places.

Next up is Fleetwood, which is actually where Ged! was released from in the first place.

Well Ged was involved in our goal but we conceded another late goal to let us down.

Next up is Plymouth who are literally top of the league so I'm not expecting too much.

loving hell, we've had more draws than I did at art school.

Well our not getting relegated credentials have been helped by simply refusing to lose a game but we're no closer to getting promoted, which is a shame.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Just WinDraw Baby

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Draw is the Law :cop:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cheltenham Town, managed by noted ex-player, Championship Manager 01/02 legend and "has played in the top *eight* tiers of English football in ascending order" guy Michael Duff.

Good for them/him (FGR rivalry aside (speaking of which, are they in League One now?))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

sebzilla posted:

Cheltenham Town, managed by noted ex-player, Championship Manager 01/02 legend and "has played in the top *eight* tiers of English football in ascending order" guy Michael Duff.

Good for them/him (FGR rivalry aside (speaking of which, are they in League One now?))

yep they came 3rd in the 1st season in league 2 and then came 15 in the previous season, so they've done well