Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

The last panel here is how I got out of doing any real work during my one Black Friday shift when I worked at Walmart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oof this brings back bad memories of being like 8 years old and being made to play football when I had no idea what the rules were or how it worked, and every other kid did.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Oof this brings back bad memories of being like 8 years old and being made to play football when I had no idea what the rules were or how it worked, and every other kid did.

I spent two years in Little League (third and fourth grade) out in right field, bored and paying no attention to the game.

I did set a season record for most times hit by a pitch, though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Such is the tragedy of pets, you love them and they love you but unless it's a turtle or one of those birds that live a century you will always see them buried before you

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Really enjoying Mary's thought bubble here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDq0x9y8iVA

The song choices have had very apropos lyrics, but I just can't help thinking a lot of them would be very hard to pull off karaoke-style. "Cry Me a River" has a really high range for Wilbur to sing, and while "Never Getting Back Together" and "Rolling in the Deep" aren't so tough that way, I'd think karaoke performances would sound really flat compared with Swift's vocal stylizations or Adele's fireworks. Could actually be part of the comedy but that's not coming across.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really hate this Safe Havens arc, even more than I usually dislike Holbrook's poo poo.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

This is the funniest loving MW arc since Aldo

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wilbur has a gift for picking songs with lyrics that make him look like an rear end in a top hat if you listen to anything other than the chorus. I hope that's fully intentional on Moy's part.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I bet it's not so hard right now. :haw:

Scary Gary

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm starting to think Luann isn't very good.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

I spent two years in Little League (third and fourth grade) out in right field, bored and paying no attention to the game.

I did set a season record for most times hit by a pitch, though.
Once when I was like 7 or 8 I was playing right field and I got so bored I laid down.

curtadams posted:

The song choices have had very apropos lyrics, but I just can't help thinking a lot of them would be very hard to pull off karaoke-style. "Cry Me a River" has a really high range for Wilbur to sing, and while "Never Getting Back Together" and "Rolling in the Deep" aren't so tough that way, I'd think karaoke performances would sound really flat compared with Swift's vocal stylizations or Adele's fireworks. Could actually be part of the comedy but that's not coming across.
Yeah I'm not a karaoke person but these hardly seem to be the kinds of songs they would use to angrily sing at each other. Wilbur could probably belt out a decent Tubthumping though.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

The Fastrack is written entirely for people say things like "Why do we need a union, isn't that what HR is for?"

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

Melon Bread is not melon flavored.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "378 - Jucika's Secret Way"

Strength attracts strength, it seems! Also super cute.

"379 - Jucika And The Last Guest"

Laffo at that panel breaking gag. And look how excited Jucika is in that last panel. These two know exactly what they're doing and it's nice to see their foreplay that Jucika is still as funny and charming as before marriage. I wonder if Tall, Dork and Handsome ever got a name?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m way behind on this for sure, but I don’t know where to go to find out the answer: what happened to Mark Trail? I remember when jackelrod died, but it’s been a few years since I looked at it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m way behind on this for sure, but I don’t know where to go to find out the answer: what happened to Mark Trail? I remember when jackelrod died, but it’s been a few years since I looked at it.

The short version is that it was taken over by a guy named James Allen, who was a bit of a climate change denier. Turns out he was also an idiot, because he used the @MarkTrail twitter account to harass congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. King Features fired him without a lot of ceremony and hired Jules Rivera to take over. She's having fun with it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

If I don't get to see Broch Bronson piledrive some evil haunted mascot costumes I'm gonna be real disappointed.

Ted you fool all those years of keeping the lights off and now you've blown it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

The short version is that it was taken over by a guy named James Allen, who was a bit of a climate change denier. Turns out he was also an idiot, because he used the @MarkTrail twitter account to harass congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. King Features fired him without a lot of ceremony and hired Jules Rivera to take over. She's having fun with it.

Amazing. The new strip looks good from what I’ve seen.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The plots have holes you can drive a speedboat through, the art is inconsistent, but I'm personally loving it. Not everyone here agrees.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Unlike the old Mark Trail?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

If I don't get to see Broch Bronson piledrive some evil haunted mascot costumes I'm gonna be real disappointed.

This storyline will end with Bronson taking off his own head to reveal his body has been hollow this whole time.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm starting to think Luann isn't very good.

The comic strip isn't very good either.
:rimshot:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

I Want To Believe

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (March 9-10, 1934)

Peanuts (October 28 (back when the feds were trying to rewrite when Veterans' Day was), November 15-16, 1974)

Harry Dinklebean

Crankshaft

Oh yeah, those supply chain issues from last year. I'm sure glad that's over with.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (June 13-15, 1938)

Out Our Way (September 30-October 2, 1937)

Toonerville Folks (May 2-4, 1918)

Dok's Dippy Doofus (November 11, 1913)

Little Lefty, in which Uncle John gets his new marching orders. (August 22-24, 1935; skipped the "usual reasons" spoiler this time for what I'm hoping are justifiable reasons.)

More Blondie coming, I promise.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 14, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Unlike the old Mark Trail?
nothing's quite been the same high as when the one it replaced featured a goon killing himself in search of a yeti because he had childhood diabetes.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Little Lefty actually calling out other comic strips depictions of black people as being racist is fantastic. What do you know, even people from the time knew that things we can now excuse as being "of the time" were bad!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Jam Esallen was also really bad at "making a comic in general".

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

Little Lefty actually calling out other comic strips depictions of black people as being racist is fantastic. What do you know, even people from the time knew that things we can now excuse as being "of the time" were bad!

There's a lot to be read in on its comments about jazz though. What race were all the big jazz artists again, the music he's saying is uncultured?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Yeah, that's pretty ironic

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

nothing's quite been the same high as when the one it replaced featured a goon killing himself in search of a yeti because he had childhood diabetes.

Specifically that goon was Vargo, who made some remarks on Twitter about Jam using clipart and thereby broke his brain. Vargo's efforts earned him a spot as a thinly disguised and deeply pathetic character in Mark Trail. Sometimes you touch the poop, and sometimes the poop touches you.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Looks good? Better than this?

Ghostlight posted:

Julet Esqu posted:

Specifically that goon was Vargo, who made some remarks on Twitter about Jam using clipart and thereby broke his brain. Vargo's efforts earned him a spot as a thinly disguised and deeply pathetic character in Mark Trail. Sometimes you touch the poop, and sometimes the poop touches you.
Vargo also was the one who first tweeted the screenshot of the tweet that eventually led to Jam Esallen getting fired. I myself took the screenshot and posted it here.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 14, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did James Allen really just copy-paste old jackelrod art to make the strips? Those strips are insane. This is crazier than the alcoholic stalker who killed himself because Mary Worth rejected him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Stultus Maximus posted:

The plots have holes you can drive a speedboat through, the art is inconsistent, but I'm personally loving it. Not everyone here agrees.

New Mark Trail is crazy but it's good crazy.

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (June 13-15, 1938)

guys I think Thimble Theater might be a good comic

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo, because it hasn't been posted in a while.

Dark Side of the Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Vargo also was the one who first tweeted the screenshot of the tweet that eventually led to Jam Esallen getting fired. I myself took the screenshot and posted it here.

This whole arc is one of the best things ever to happen in this goddamn thread. There was also the mysteriously sudden appearing of really off-brand facial expressions in Mark Trail right after the Dr Vargo story, leading to suspicions that James Allen had either already been replaced, or was letting someone else draw the comic for him.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Rae the Doe runs on a M-W-F schedule! No comic today!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Did James Allen really just copy-paste old jackelrod art to make the strips? Those strips are insane. This is crazier than the alcoholic stalker who killed himself because Mary Worth rejected him.
Yes, and it looked even worse when he tried to make original stuff.

Also, don't forget that the professor had been previously mentioned, and Mark had a positive opinion, and then Vargo tweeted the thing and suddenly the storyline turned into... that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I love this storyline.

Murdstone posted:

God, that second panel still gets me. It's almost Tinkersons art! It stands out so bad!

Axa

We've gone through like, four years of soap opera storyline in two pages.

Edit: Also, I hope Lupin is ok.