Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I think I read something about controllers not working with some major piece of modding architecture, something critical like mgxe, but not that, and I can't think for the life of me what it was.

Me handing out poo poo snipes tonight:

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

there's been lots of "npc schedule" mods for morrowind over the years, and yep, exactly like i thought, people are doing it with lua too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm doing a big install at the moment and one thing I'm not clear on - will mlox do a proper mod order if you're using Mod Organizer instead of Wrye Mash?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm doing a big install at the moment and one thing I'm not clear on - will mlox do a proper mod order if you're using Mod Organizer instead of Wrye Mash?

yes if you also load mlox through mod organizer

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks!

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
OpenMW 0.47 is finally released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9sUhduT-K4

The fact that they're working on a way for people to make standalone games with this engine is neat, there are some talented creators out there that only have experience creating mods for the Elder Scrolls-games.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Kamrat posted:

OpenMW 0.47 is finally released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9sUhduT-K4

The fact that they're working on a way for people to make standalone games with this engine is neat, there are some talented creators out there that only have experience creating mods for the Elder Scrolls-games.

Distant land that doesn't eat frames :eyepop:

I guess the other stuff is cool too

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
both original morrowind mods as well as openmw make me so happy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
drat I just did a Morrowind run a few months ago and this is tempting me to jump right back in

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Do the new LUA mods work with OpenMW?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Does it support swift casting?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a7m2 posted:

Do the new LUA mods work with OpenMW?

No

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's ridiculous how well openmw with all the bells and whistles runs compared to original MW with MGE. 60fps everywhere. I get like 30 in Balmora with MGE.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I'll switch to openmw when it supports MWSE-lua or some equivalent. Ideally there's be some translation layer that could take old mods using MWSE and let them work in openmw natively. Then openmw really would be the final, definitive, superior option.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

If I'm a decent chunk into a playthrough, will installing Tamriel Rebuilt break everything?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cantorsdust posted:

I'll switch to openmw when it supports MWSE-lua or some equivalent. Ideally there's be some translation layer that could take old mods using MWSE and let them work in openmw natively. Then openmw really would be the final, definitive, superior option.

This was on the table wasn't it? What happened?

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

If I'm a decent chunk into a playthrough, will installing Tamriel Rebuilt break everything?

Not necessarily. It’s worth trying but you might get some duplicate trader/travel npcs for example

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Has OpenMW caught up to MGE?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Not quite. It's got better shadows and better optimized distant land but it lacks all the fancy shader effects mge offers akaik, but I assume you could make up the difference with something like reshade atm but that's not very efficient. It's close though, honestly. And if you don't care about fancy bloom shaders and whatnot then it looks just as good and performs way better. Biggest missing feature is mwse Lua support.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Rinkles posted:

Openmw's new distant land feature is better than MGE. You can't slap a bunch of shaders on top of everything in openmw though.

In terms of performance openmw shits on MGE

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Alikchi posted:

Not necessarily. It’s worth trying but you might get some duplicate trader/travel npcs for example

Sounds like it's worth a shot then.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
How actively maintained is tes3mp? Should I expect to see an update to the new version of OpenMW?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vavrek posted:

How actively maintained is tes3mp? Should I expect to see an update to the new version of OpenMW?

"soon" says the tes3mp creator as of two days ago

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I swear the best thing about this game is stashing enough insanely rare and expensive armour and weaponry to outfight all of Vivec City in your house

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Can't find an appropriate thread for Oblivion, so posting this here; hopefully that's cool. Anyway I'm feeling nostalgic for Oblivion and want to reinstall it, with some limited modding. My edition is an old rear end disc version. I also have the expansions on disc, though I can't remember if they were separate or if I have them as part of a GotY edition. I think they're separate though. Anyway installing the disc versions and patching and modding them seems like a pain and I'm contemplating just rebuying it on Steam. Which leads me to the points on which I'm hoping you fine people can help. I know there are a million threads and articles on essential mods for the game, but the fact that there are so many is kind of overwhelming and I don't want to spend half my weekend free time (basically a couple of hours in the evening - thanks, kids) narrowing this down, so hoping someone can make my life a lot easier. I'll try and keep the questions simple:

1. I assume getting the Steam version will make the modding a lot easier?
2. I don't want to alter the game too much. Basically just looking for: some nice graphics/performance updates; any really outstanding QoL improvements; bugfixes and a leveling mod which removes the feeling of needing to min max the minor/major skill interplay. What mods should I use to these ends, guys?

Thank you, and if there's a better thread for this please let me know and I'll put this in there instead.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Try the generic elder scrolls thread

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Or a loving garbage can!!!!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Can't find an appropriate thread for Oblivion, so posting this here; hopefully that's cool. Anyway I'm feeling nostalgic for Oblivion and want to reinstall it, with some limited modding. My edition is an old rear end disc version. I also have the expansions on disc, though I can't remember if they were separate or if I have them as part of a GotY edition. I think they're separate though. Anyway installing the disc versions and patching and modding them seems like a pain and I'm contemplating just rebuying it on Steam. Which leads me to the points on which I'm hoping you fine people can help. I know there are a million threads and articles on essential mods for the game, but the fact that there are so many is kind of overwhelming and I don't want to spend half my weekend free time (basically a couple of hours in the evening - thanks, kids) narrowing this down, so hoping someone can make my life a lot easier. I'll try and keep the questions simple:

2. I don't want to alter the game too much. Basically just looking for: some nice graphics/performance updates; any really outstanding QoL improvements; bugfixes and a leveling mod which removes the feeling of needing to min max the minor/major skill interplay. What mods should I use to these ends, guys?

Thank you, and if there's a better thread for this please let me know and I'll put this in there instead.
Yeah I imagine Steam would make life easier.

This guide should get you what you're looking for:
Through the Valleys - PushTheWinButton's Vanilla Plus Modding Guide

And this guide covers a (whole) lot more if you ever want some other recommendations:
Oblivion Comprehensive Modding Guide by Dispensation

In particular you might want to look at the Skills and Leveling section, if you don't like the other guide's levelling changes

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Here you go! :)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697061

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Thank you for the quick responses and the link to the correct thread.

This looks perfect - ta!

OneSizeFitsAll fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 12, 2021

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

1. Maskar’s Oblivion Overhaul
2. Oblivion Character Overhaul 2.0
3. Northern UI
4. Any of the neural ai texture packs
5. (Optional) advanced window lighting system

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Also: one of the leveling mods. I prefer this one, but some people prefer OblivionXP. Those people are wrong, but they do exist.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I reinstalled Morrowind.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
I recently had to uninstall Morrowind just so I'd be able to bring myself to play other games.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

BounceBanana posted:

I recently had to uninstall Morrowind just so I'd be able to bring myself to play other games.

Troll

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
After 27 hours, this is my current Morrowind play through. First time I’ve really gotten into the game since I was a kid:

Weird skill/attribute numbers are from Natural Character Growth and Decay, which I turned out to not be super excited about but I’d lose all momentum if I started another run without it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arivia posted:

After 27 hours, this is my current Morrowind play through. First time I’ve really gotten into the game since I was a kid:

Weird skill/attribute numbers are from Natural Character Growth and Decay, which I turned out to not be super excited about but I’d lose all momentum if I started another run without it.

paying our respects at Lowtax's corpse I see lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Arivia posted:

Nightblade was what I went with on my run a couple months ago. Had a pretty good time with it. I was an Argonian though.

What factions did you go with?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/viperwave/status/1458626432528093192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Has anyone else run into a problem with MULE where after hitting level 10 you start to get the level-up attribute assigning screen every time you rest?