Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cam-ify that post by like 25% Odell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thought y’all would like to see this. My girlfriend’s dad died a few months ago and we’re going through his stuff and found a bunch of old Falcons tickets from the late 60s early 70s. There’s a couple NHL tickets that I think are old Atlanta Flames tickets.

I really like the Jets one a lot

He was also cheap. I see all those upper level seats. I noticed the Jets game was at Georgia Tech. Looking it up, Atlanta only played once in the regular season at Grant Field. Maybe the deal was they weren't allowed to invade Atlanta Stadium until the games actually counted.

Jets won the preseason game, 9-3. Because Atlanta still hadn't figured out how to professionally market itself at this time, they instead bought radio ads in Alabama to hype this being a matchup between former Alabama and Auburn QBs: Namath and Pat Sullivan. (Both sucked in this game.)

AsInHowe posted:

The Omni fascinates me.

I wanted the new basketball arena to be the OmnII.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well it’s not a screenshot of the Notes app.

A podcast I used to listen to called those “iOS press releases” and it made me giggle each time

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thought y’all would like to see this. My girlfriend’s dad died a few months ago and we’re going through his stuff and found a bunch of old Falcons tickets from the late 60s early 70s. There’s a couple NHL tickets that I think are old Atlanta Flames tickets.

I really like the Jets one a lot

Did they not go to the Kansas City game?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

obj writes like the zodiac killer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
OBJ is Ted Cruz

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1459824960629792771

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Look at the time stamp of that tweet and this one. Schefter and Rapaport are just staying up for like 20 hours straight every weekend because they don't want to be scooped lol.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1459809075911348227?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh gently caress ooooooooofffff

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1459844584964562948?s=21

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You know what else is a strong leadership move?

Not raping people.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ben has been self reporting his health issues his entire career. Often with a press conference.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

shawn_michaels_gagging_fondle_nuts.gif

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Ben has been self reporting his health issues his entire career. Often with a press conference.

Are the hats a cry for help?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pops Mgee posted:

There’s no way Ben’s body can fight off covid. That man is falling apart.
good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

unl33t posted:

Did they not go to the Kansas City game?

I questioned that too, but nobody knew. This was also before he and his wife met so she had no clue

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes:

I’m not necessarily gonna root for COVID in this case, but I won’t root against it either.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sounds like when I feel like calling off work, gonna need to see a doctors note!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

“Ben totally self-reported so we don’t have to start a WR at QB”

What a hero.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If only Ben self-reported on other issues

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kiimo posted:

If only Ben self-reported on other issues

With how lax the NFL is handling the pandemic, Ben knew he had to force things

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I agree that Ben roethsliberger should have reported himself after committing rape. And if you don't think so then get out of our forum.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Listen, if you aren't down with women's rights, then you're no friend of mine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope Ben gets well soon

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

I hope Ben gets well soon

Agreed, the sooner he’s back on the field the sooner he can get a career ending injury.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

Look at the time stamp of that tweet and this one. Schefter and Rapaport are just staying up for like 20 hours straight every weekend because they don't want to be scooped lol.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1459809075911348227?s=21

Nah they get their sources then fire the findings off all at once on scheduled tweets around midnight. Either that or Schefter gets every scoop all at once at the same time every week.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Agreed, the sooner he’s back on the field the sooner he can get a career ending injury.

:hmmyes:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Are the Jacksonville Jaguars destroying Trevor Lawrence?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Since the beginning of this season, which teams have lost the most starting players to injuries/covid/arrests/etc?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

FAT BATMAN posted:

Since the beginning of this season, which teams have lost the most starting players to injuries/covid/arrests/etc?

Seems like Baltimore is a strong contender.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

FAT BATMAN posted:

I think the Jets have the most cap space tied up in injured players, or at least did a week or two ago.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FAT BATMAN posted:

The Titans have used the most players (80) so far this season in the NFL. Not really what you asked, but still a fun statistic!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Playoff standings:

AFC:

8-2 Titans
6-3 Bills
6-3 Ravens
6-4 Chiefs
-----------
5-3-1 Steelers
6-4 Patriots
5-4 Chargers
------------
8. 5-4 Bengals
9. 5-4 Raiders
10. 5-5 Colts
11. 5-5 Browns
12. 5-5 Broncos
13. 3-7 Dolphins
14. 2-7 Jets
15. 2-7 Jaguars
16. 1-8 Texans

NFC:

8-2 Packers
8-2 Cardinals
7-2 Cowboys
6-3 Buccaneers
------------
7-2 Rams
5-4 Saints
5-5 Panthers
-----------
8. 4-5 Vikings
9. 4-5 Falcons
10. 4-6 Eagles
11. 3-5 49ers
12. 3-6 Football Team
13. 3-6 Giants
14. 3-6 Seahawks
15. 3-6 Bears
16. 0-8-1 Lions

Congrats to the Steelers for making playoff math super annoying going forward. Also congrats to equally good football teams the Giants, Football Team, Bears and Seahawks

Kalli fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 15, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If the Cardinals keep the 1 seed and the Cowboys are the 4 (Bucs have the head to head tie breaker over them so I still give them the edge long term) they’ll most likely face either the Rams or Cowboys as their divisional round opponent which is a pretty lovely draw for them.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the Cardinals keep the 1 seed and the Cowboys are the 4 (Bucs have the head to head tie breaker over them so I still give them the edge long term) they’ll most likely face either the Rams or Cowboys as their divisional round opponent which is a pretty lovely draw for them.

"Keep"?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kalli posted:

9. 8-4 Raiders

:monocle:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Packers are the 1 now but however it shakes out the nfc playoffs are gonna be rough

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh the Packers have the tie breaker. I didn’t notice somehow.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Kalli posted:

Playoff standings:

AFC:

5-3-1 Steelers
6-4 Patriots

Congrats to the Steelers for making playoff math super annoying going forward. Also congrats to equally good football teams the Giants, Football Team, Bears and Seahawks

Hate and don't understand this, they have fewer wins and tbh tieing an 0fer team should count as possibly two losses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Phobeste posted:

Hate and don't understand this, they have fewer wins and tbh tieing an 0fer team should count as possibly two losses

5.5 out of 9 wins is a .611 winning record. 6 out of 10 is a .60.