Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ded posted:

richard has been sober for 3 days now!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Lowtax gave me permission to turn :screamy: into an NFT

proof

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The embarrassment of admitting you’re a something awful poster in 2021

I’d never tell anyone irl that, gently caress

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"this one forum I've been on for a long time"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

God: They're still making fun of you.
Lowtax: I know!
God: Even now!
Lowtax:
God: Lol!
Lowtax: Goldbelly Nissan!

ded posted:

richard has been sober for 3 days now!

lmao

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I've been perusing and lurking the last few days and lol at the old heads being weirdos about not being assholes

i left and stopped even lurking after the 16 election because i figured the toxx purge would make an already gross but navigable environment a complete pit. Really happy to see the shift here, it's an amazing difference while still being loving hilarious

anyway

was just thinking about this after all the talk about really expensive internet food orders:

when 'gotta pay to register' started, $10 was a lot more in value and also harder to spend online than it is today, but it also wasn't TOO much or an insurmountable feat. now it's like the easiest thing ever and less than the cost of lunch in most places.

i don't know where i was going with that, i'm kind of high.

returning to lurking and checking back for screamy updates

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sootikins posted:

now it's like the easiest thing ever and less than the cost of lunch in most places.

The gently caress kind of utopian non-mad max, non-hellscape are you living in where this is true? I'm paying for the drippings from discarded tuna cans with manual labor and lint art.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

is it too late to accuse x jakk of being my dad

The horrible shame when your child comes out to you as a goon. :shepicide:

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Imagine finding furries embarrassing, when you yourself, are in fact,, a goon

animes? cartoon characters? too spicy. i'll just have the goatse

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Not sure why I spent 15 mins searching for a picture of Lowtax nut

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i said something wrong in class and a furry corrected me and it was embarrassing.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Shame Boy posted:

I realized while you were probated the most recent time where I've seen your current avatar so now that makes two.

the difference there is im actually friends & twitter mutuals with skyguy (the guy who drew the image this av is from)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

after 280 pages of all this i can confirm that the internet makes you stupid

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

The embarrassment of admitting you’re a something awful poster in 2021

I’d never tell anyone irl that, gently caress

“I post on a comedy forum from the early 2000s” vs “I want to gently caress cartoon animals”… drat, you’re right

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bustin keaton posted:

Not sure why I spent 15 mins searching for a picture of Lowtax nut

Especially when it would have just taken a few moments with proper SEO

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

who is lotax

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Posting for posterity I suppose, but my terrible secret is for all these years I’ve had a Lowtax-given name from a random name change thread (I mostly posted in BSS at the time) and a Schmorky-commissioned av from long before I knew about the issues with either person.

I was here as early as ‘04, probably by way of Portal of Evil. I’m not proud of who and what I laughed at way back when. But despite all the cruel, misguided elements of this site this is also where I found resources as a deeply closeted queer person (yes I’m gay lol) and to this day am aquatinted with folks around the globe because of it.

I like to think someday someone will be combing through this thread specifically in researching how the first century of the Internet impacted history and I can’t stress enough that while it made us stupid, it made a lot of us better people. I found Heifer International and Friends of Matènwa through it - remember years ago when we all sent bees around the world? And when those cute kids held up “THANK YOU GOONS” signs? Those kids in Haiti are graduated by now, or just about, and that school won a huge grant that’s going to take the program even further.

No matter how bad it gets, don’t ever give up on yourself. Even if you’ve done some awful poo poo you can always choose to atone and make your present and future better. I’m angry at what Kyanka chose, and sad he couldn’t see beyond that. 13Pandora13 you’re wonderful, and LA and CYB much love to you and the kids and all of yours.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

veni veni veni posted:

it's not novel anymore but furries are still some of the most embarrassing poo poo I have ever seen.

Have you seen this post you just made?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Peggy Edson posted:

"this one forum I've been on for a long time"

"Do you, uh, remember web forums?"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

haunted bong posted:

who is lotax

A Pokemon that evolves into Ludicolo

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's lotad, a lotax is the one with the stomach swirl

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So in this thread so far we have:

- a mentally ill fan who posted cumshots and thinks Rich was the best person ever
- a Two Worlds update (holy poo poo he turned out fine??)
- something about a dead fish in a freezer?
- a whole lot of olds coming back, including Frags
- multiple drama bombs
- Mangosteen returns!
- reminiscing of old times

poo poo this thread is like a day and a half old but I know I'm missing 95% of things that happened because this thread just does not stop

What else happened? Whatever it is this is the perfect encapsulation of SA and a great :gamefreak: to Rich

wait, what happened to Two Worlds?

It’d be pretty rad if he was doing ok

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

haunted bong posted:

who is was lotax

FTFY

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ok Comboomer posted:

wait, what happened to Two Worlds?

It’d be pretty rad if he was doing ok

He showed up here sometime last year trying to get people to join his discord. A few did out of morbid curiosity and unfortunately, he’s exactly the same. Then he got banned again.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Something Awful is a drat entertaining place and, were it not to exist, I'd probably read more books. So add that to the list of indictments.

So long, Lowtax. All sympathy and condolences to the family.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Today is the day lowtax rises again

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Screamy loved Argon :(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Frank Frank posted:

He showed up here sometime last year trying to get people to join his discord. A few did out of morbid curiosity and unfortunately, he’s exactly the same. Then he got banned again.

Someone in here said that he was totally normal now :raise:

I smell chicanery afoot!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Serene Dragon posted:

I'm honestly in awe that Lowtax made hundreds of thousands of dollars selling the site and yet just a year later he's talking about fleeing the country partly because of owing the government money. Like, how badly did he gently caress up his taxes and how was $400k not enough money to pay it off?

Shaq did it in a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMpZgt6agpU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

X JAKK posted:

The horrible shame when your child comes out to you as a goon. :shepicide:

Hey, I was a dick yesterday and took a swipe at you that was uncalled for. I am sorry, you're a cool guy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress shaq too

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Must have been a ton of processed meat products and sugary drinks 'cause this Shaq can't Shaq Fu anymore.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Who What Now posted:

My favorites are the nerdo squares that think "pink hair" is an insult.

and they’re guys who are at least thirty, maybe even forty

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

True but Shaq bought stuff for other people.

SA was a lot of fun back in the early 2ks. I announced the birth of my first son here and didn't get poo poo on.
(18 years ago, gently caress I'm old)
Also enjoyed the snack trading thread

We were all assholes.But it was in good fun, and we had our community.

joebuddah fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 14, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Moola posted:

Screamy loved Argon :(

It's too bad argon is actually buoyant then, the specific gravity there is with respect to the air in the atmosphere

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I keep reading this thread, expecting it to get boring and yet it somehow remains comedy gold.

bury the fish, moola

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Shaq has to have special expensive shoes made for his giant freakish clown feet so it makes sense but its harder to feel sympathy for someone that probably spent their money on pictures of regular sized feet.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

shaq was such a little bitch to sean when he went on hot ones. really put me off the guy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Moola, it's yesterday's tomorrow now. Give Screamy his release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

page 1: lowtax dead
page 280: dead goldfish, buoyancy of argon, shaq eating hot wings