Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Even the cat looks disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just installed Halo multi on my pc and xbox because gently caress it why not?

Also Kill it With Fire appears to be like, a complete game on PC while somehow the console version is missing a shitload of levels and features

Barudak fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 14, 2021

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Barudak posted:

Just installed Halo multi on my pc and xbox because gently caress it why not?

Not trying to sound sassy, but there is a valid "why not" -- a future update to Xbox app will allow you to install games to different drives (but it'll probably also just let you move installs, too.) I'm looking forward to it so I can move Forza to my fastest drive.

I'm out of the loop though, aren't rumors saying it's gonna surprise launch tomorrow? If so, then yea, why not! I doubt the update will be out that soon.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

enojy posted:

I'm out of the loop though, aren't rumors saying it's gonna surprise launch tomorrow? If so, then yea, why not! I doubt the update will be out that soon.

Some of the insiders seem to be backing away from a Monday release. Who knows, at this point. I don't think any of the more reputable leakers have come out to corroborate the early release yet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like they'd want to let Forza breathe a bit, especially with how well it's doing and all the positive press out there at the moment.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

I feel like they'd want to let Forza breathe a bit, especially with how well it's doing and all the positive press out there at the moment.

I don't know if Microsoft cares about this too much in the age of Game Pass subscriptions. Forza Horizon 5 came out like a week after Age of Empires 4.

I don't know how much a Halo Infinite multiplayer surprise release will harm anything, especially if it's labeled an open beta or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Played a few hours of GTA:SA Definitive Edition from GamePass. SA was always my favourite, I love the music. I thought the environments and lighting looked great. Character models are poo poo though. Game is very fun so far. Runs well on Series X.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Zerot posted:

Some of the insiders seem to be backing away from a Monday release. Who knows, at this point. I don't think any of the more reputable leakers have come out to corroborate the early release yet.

It seems pretty clear that there is going to be some kind of early access - either starting Monday, or announced Monday and starting shortly after.

The folks that are hedging are claiming that they’ve heard there may be a slight delay, and apparently some 343 folks were crunching on something over the weekend and didn’t make planned appearances at some Halo event.

Also there’s some noise that it’s not just the multiplayer, but that they’re also going to release the campaign demo that they were previewing to press.

The strongest evidence for all of this isn’t just Twitter people - apparently all the stat tracker stuff on the portal site is live and there are references in the code indicating that season 1 runs from November 15 to May 1.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Instant Sunrise posted:

Oh hey Stop Skeletons From Fighting did a documentary on the Xbone launch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcZD__XquCk

Mistakes were made. Even as an Xbox fanboy and early adopter, the Xbox One launch was disastrous. All my friends were still on 360. I'm glad Spencer took the throne and turned things around

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The One was a piece of poo poo. Also 100 more than a PS4. Total shitshow

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

xbox one's launch was like microsoft had an internal memo to try and one-up the ps3 launch

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Thank gently caress for that epic game stop trade in deal with the release of rdr2 that let me get a one x for like a hundred bucks.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Mistakes were made. Even as an Xbox fanboy and early adopter, the Xbox One launch was disastrous. All my friends were still on 360. I'm glad Spencer took the throne and turned things around

I was working at a Microsoft retail store around the time of the announcement and launch and good lord, did they completely ignore the deafening "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuuuck" that was coming from literally everywhere after that launch.

We were specifically told to talk up the benefits of the console for pre-orders and highlight how it was your "All in one entertainment system" or something like that. The store manager, who I had talked games with frequently would not break kayfabe about how great this new console was going to be (despite all of the rest of the staff who played games going YIKES for weeks after the announcement event)

We still sold out of our launch stock by December of that year but even the in store display models we had hooked up had basically nothing to run but Lococyle (Remember that?!) and whatever that dragon game was.

Even with an employee discount, I waited until the non Kinetic model was available and then traded my 360 and a stack of games to buy it a Gamestop across the street.

On the bright side the One got better(ish) as time went on and they gutted all the dumb poo poo that had been the focus of the launch.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.

7lip posted:

Game Pass + Cloud Gaming = basically a souped up Sega Channel, and I love it so much.

I do wish Skitchin' was on there though.

Do you have frequent glitches while cloud gaming? I have plenty fast internet but constantly get visual freezing every 5 seconds or so...

Edit: After reading comments on reddit, saw some suggestions to try running it in a browser instead of through the xbox app... this made a huge difference for me. Oddly, I think there may be more input lag, but I'm not getting any visual freezing or artifacts like I was before.

Kashwashwa fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 14, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the video establishing the context for the XBone's launch was important. Console sales were on the decline, everybody was predicting that Zynga would take over the world in 2012, and the Kinect was a hugely successful if rather limited piece of hardware. My friends who had never played a video game in their lives up to that point had Kinect Adventures in their apartment, it was a weird time. Even still though, what a baffling announcement. Using your cutting edge gaming platform to... watch TV, something literally anybody could do without paying 500bux for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was the target demo for the Xbox One and used all of its features to their fullest.

This was a terrible business decision

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love how they got rid of all the bullshit for the Series

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I still lol over how the guy responsible for the ps3 launch is also the same person who hosed up the xbone launch and eventually got hired to do the stadia launch. I predict he will continue to get work loving up console launches as an ever evolving art form.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
It's very inconsiderate of Microsoft to interrupt my New Vegas playthrough by maybe improving it for free tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I should really go into tomorrow with zero expectations. All of the rumors are like dream rumors that I have been wanting to happen on Xbox for awhile now. So prepared to be let down.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I should really go into tomorrow with zero expectations. All of the rumors are like dream rumors that I have been wanting to happen on Xbox for awhile now. So prepared to be let down.

The fact that no denials have come out telling. I am tempering my expectations, but I think what happened was they set Dec 8 hoping their flights went well. The 20th is too poetic.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm pretty sure Halo Infinite will not be released before Dec 8. And those xbox 360 game updates have nothing to do with fps boost.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I've resigned myself to expecting that Otogi 1 and 2 will not be added to BC, and therefore anything else will be a pleasant surprise.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I said come in! posted:

they’ve been trying to manage expectations downward by emphasizing that there won’t be new game reveals or the like. Not expecting much and maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If there are no new game announcements tomorrow, all of the rumors coming true would still technically be accurate. :P

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wait what are the rumors? Just that weird crop of like 7 back compat games and maybe Halo MP?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

American McGay posted:

Wait what are the rumors? Just that weird crop of like 7 back compat games and maybe Halo MP?

Yes that Halo MP is launching tomorrow, since its the 20th anniversary

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

kri kri posted:

Yes that Halo MP is launching tomorrow, since its the 20th anniversary

Thought I saw something saying some of those leakers are now walking that rumor back. Who knows.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

joylessdivision posted:

I was working at a Microsoft retail store around the time of the announcement and launch and good lord, did they completely ignore the deafening "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuuuck" that was coming from literally everywhere after that launch.

A good friend of mine was working for MS at the time in a totally unrelated division, and he said that infamous highlight video “teevee teevee television television teevee call of duty television call of duty” got passed around the office endlessly to howls of laughter. Like they used to spend coffee breaks standing around someone’s desk re-watching it :lmao:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I think the video establishing the context for the XBone's launch was important. Console sales were on the decline, everybody was predicting that Zynga would take over the world in 2012, and the Kinect was a hugely successful if rather limited piece of hardware. My friends who had never played a video game in their lives up to that point had Kinect Adventures in their apartment, it was a weird time. Even still though, what a baffling announcement. Using your cutting edge gaming platform to... watch TV, something literally anybody could do without paying 500bux for it.

Don Mattrick went to Zyngaband tanked them too didn't he?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I always go in expecting a swift kick in the dick and usually walk away pretty pleased by whatever they announce, however minor. That said, New Vegas did get an update and I'm capable (barely) of not playing it for a day in case it ends up being a more enjoyable experience. Halo multiplayer means nothing to me so I'll be fine regardless.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what times the stream

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

what times the stream

It's at 1 PM Eastern, I think. Should just be a half an hour.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Laserface posted:

Don Mattrick went to Zyngaband tanked them too didn't he?

XBone, Zynga, Stadia. That's what they call the Mattrick Hattrick.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Thought I saw something saying some of those leakers are now walking that rumor back. Who knows.

It’s a big fuckin mess, they’re now un-walking it back saying the bug that would have delayed the single player demo was fixed and everything is back on track.

An entertaining mess at least.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i extremely trusyt all these rumors and leaks

furthermore, nintendo will announce the switch pro any day now

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Kashwashwa posted:

Do you have frequent glitches while cloud gaming? I have plenty fast internet but constantly get visual freezing every 5 seconds or so...

Honestly, no. I'm actually super impressed.

At home on a series x with hardwired internet I have had zero stutters or issues.

Out of curiosity, I tried it at work on a laptop using wifi (using the xbox windows app), through both my personal VPN and then the hospital's VPN. It got fuzzy sometimes and there was screen tearing from time to time, but it never crashed and I never lost control of Forza Horizon 5. I considered that the hell test and it passed.

Glad to hear your experience got a little better with those tweaks though!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1460025114523848715

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1460023232577236993

apparently these people are decently reliable

:lol: if they do this and completely gently caress up BF2042's release - I mean, that game looks rear end and deserves to fail, but it would be completely hilarious

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 15, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I gave the 10 hour trial of Battlefield 2042 a go yesterday, and was pretty let down by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the last (only?) good battlefield game was bad company 2 and this is not going to change