Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

vyelkin posted:

that isn't blood it's victory wine

Watching the political equivalent of that famous Germany vs Brazil World Cup 7-1 match but thinking Brazil did pretty well in the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

etalian posted:

Watching the political equivalent of that famous Germany vs Brazil World Cup 7-1 match but thinking Brazil did pretty well in the whole thing.

watching that match and thinking "well this puts brazil in a great position for four years from now"

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Republican make being a Democrat illegal: "This will just mobilize voters come next election!"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

Republican make being a Democrat illegal: "This will just mobilize voters come next election!"

if you think about it hitler rounding up communists and putting them in camps was just gerrymandering

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

im voting for trump...to be back on twitter

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

I support them making the demon rats illegal.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Destruction To The Democrats!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Real hurthling! posted:

im voting for trump...to be back on twitter

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/WaitingOnBiden/...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*throws another log on the pile*

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
To quote Ryan Knight. “I am happy I left this loser party”

https://mobile.twitter.com/WaPoSean/status/1459621148656865282

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

To quote Ryan Knight. “I am happy I left this loser party”

https://mobile.twitter.com/WaPoSean/status/1459621148656865282

lmao they never won a real competitive election either:
-Mayor Rat tried to run for State Treasurer / Bean Counter in Chief and got destroyed
-Copmala ran of money during the Dem primary before the first round of voting even started, despite arrogantly pitching
herself as the next Obama like messiah figure

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

lmao they never won a real competitive election either:
-Mayor Rat tried to run for State Treasurer / Bean Counter in Chief and got destroyed
-Copmala ran of money during the Dem primary before the first round of voting even started, despite arrogantly pitching
herself as the next Obama like messiah figure

I like how also the Demon Rats now try to catapult finance ghouls into governorships and no one in the Midwest wants such assholes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think harris got bought out by joe and was holding the vp nod in her pocket the whole time without getting bloodied in a campaign

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

I like how also the Demon Rats now try to catapult finance ghouls into governorships and no one in the Midwest wants such assholes.

The race mayor rat lost was also to state level GOP competitor.

When you can even beat the GOP to get a bean counting job despite being a McKinsey-trained technocrat...

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Republicans now polling higher than they did in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. That's how much the Dems suck

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Subvisual Haze posted:

Republicans now polling higher than they did in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. That's how much the Dems suck

Joe Biden: Democrats' 9/11

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Joe Biden: Democrats' 9/11

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

giving wartime fdr a run for his eye bag money

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

giving wartime fdr a run for his eye bag perpetually moments from death money

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

this is the least amount of damage he does to anything or anyone, let him sleep

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

this is the least amount of damage he does to anything or anyone, let him sleep

similar to when Trumo went off on another round of golf trips.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Is this the Manchin cycle??

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

migod, these numbers are annihilatory.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

StratGoatCom posted:

migod, these numbers are annihilatory.

Deus Vult.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
lol the democrats really are going to get destroyed in 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i think harris got bought out by joe and was holding the vp nod in her pocket the whole time without getting bloodied in a campaign

that's not remotely similar to anything that happened. harris ran out of money due to an incompetently managed campaign. she also was probably not the first choice for vp, but then it turned out that klobb declined to prosecute derek chauvin.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's not remotely similar to anything that happened. harris ran out of money due to an incompetently managed campaign. she also was probably not the first choice for vp, but then it turned out that klobb declined to prosecute derek chauvin.

Yeah Harris never got a single vote in the Dem primary due to running out of cash before Jan (Iowa / NH / NV)

Getting saved by the dem donor class was pretty much a Deus Ex like rescue after her campaign crashed and burned over the summer.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

klobb at least gave the impression of honest, pure hate. harris just feels oddly damp for some reason

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/helmic3/status/...ingawful.com%2F

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I never really bought that excuse honestly. You can keep the lights on and continue to make media appearances and barn storm and poo poo with not a ton of money. Nut jobs every cycle try. Obviously you can’t run a big team of staff, but you can stay in until you can notch a victory or two and the spigot turns back on. Pretty sure McCain ran out of money in the fall of 2007 with a longer stretch to go until the primary

But if you don’t expect the votes to materialize and the money to start coming in again that’s a different story

But also I am pretty sure Joe was always going to pick Kamala as VP—she just checked all the boxes he was looking to check

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I thought Harris dropped because she was polling in third or fourth place in her home state and didn’t want to end up getting shellacked in California.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I thought Harris dropped because she was polling in third or fourth place in her home state and didn’t want to end up getting shellacked in California.

No literally started running out of campaign cash by the winter such that she had to pretty much laid off paid campaign staff in states like IA, NH and NV.

She officially dropped out before a single primary campaign vote was cast in the early states

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

etalian posted:

No literally started running out of campaign cash by the winter such that she had to pretty much laid off paid campaign staff in states like IA, NH and NV.

She officially dropped out before a single primary campaign vote was cast in the early states

i'm thinking about that guy who got a job with the campaign and moved to IA a few days before the entire operation was shuttered

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Seriously, the money angle is just her saving face. Candidates can survive running out of money as long as they can expect to get a decent placing in Iowa and NH and SC. Doing well turns the money right back on. She dropped because she knew she was going to get her rear end kicked in an embarrassing way and that such a significant lose would make it harder for Biden to pick her as VP

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
biden wasn't the frontrunner. it was obama's primary to fix, and he didn't want biden until it became clear he had no other choice. if biden had always been the heir apparent, the media would have been behind him from day one. instead you got poo poo like warren being treated as a serious candidate.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

etalian posted:

that reminds me of some guy moving from D.C. to ohio on the weekend before super tuesday to campaign for Kamala only for her to leave him high and dry like that

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

biden wasn't the frontrunner. it was obama's primary to fix, and he didn't want biden until it became clear he had no other choice. if biden had always been the heir apparent, the media would have been behind him from day one. instead you got poo poo like warren being treated as a serious candidate.

yeah seriously. how soon we forget this kinda stuff:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bernie-sanders-wins-nevada-putting-him-in-the-drivers-seat-to-win-the-nomination/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

biden was drafted to be the candidate and they pulled all the caucus app tricks and sprinkled all the heart attack powder in bernies coffee that they needed to win it was a fix from jump