Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

the mangosteen is amazing. 99% of the posts are people very earnestly engaging with him about drinking and buying mangosteens and then like three people make fun of him and he completely loses his poo poo. they weren't even really accusing him of trying to make money

I bet he was the type of person who got jealous of those North Korea parade and stadium videos.

Imagine a world with endless adoration and no dissent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

etalian posted:

I bet he was the type of person who got jealous of those North Korea parade and stadium videos.

Imagine a world with endless adoration and no dissent.

deep down, he knew he wasn't anywhere near as funny as the people around him and it absolutely galled him. i doubt he was even aware of it himself, but i'd bet that if he even resented the money the forum itself made and wanted to wreck it, but was so addicted to it that he couldn't bring himself to just kill it outright. it's why he would never just start up a patreon for the forums despite people literally begging him to give him their money, it's why when he finally did it was under the gaming garbage name. that way, he could at least pretend that people were giving him money for that and not for the forums that he did literally nothing with for over a decade

he would have absolutely loved a world where he pumped out his dated, unfunny dreck to the frontpage but everyone who posted on the forums was required to add a personal message about how much they love him to their sigs or some poo poo

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
so i spent some time reading books instead of internet, is lowtax still a dead rear end in a top hat or what

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i once sent the guy a PM thanking him for making the forums. this was before i knew about all the wifebeating ofc

i don't regret it; it's one of the only good things the dude ever did

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Foo Diddley posted:

so i spent some time reading books instead of internet, is lowtax still a dead rear end in a top hat or what

still dead, still an rear end in a top hat

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
generalissimo ricardo lowtax is still dead

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Richard Kyanka

Dick Kyanka

Dick Yanka? is that what the other kids called him?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Farm Frenzy posted:

in the mid 2000s the funniest thing in the world was when a forum moderator contrived a reason to ban someone, i'm gathering

I remember it was considered a truly epic bacon for the win moment (when being epic bacon for the win was good) when Mayor Wilkins posted a 2000 word screed about how he was cooler than a public access tv show host, then banned the public access tv show guy

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Filthy Hans posted:

still dead, still an rear end in a top hat

excellent

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
bigpeeler was beloved by GBS while getfsical was repeatedly banned, then perma'd.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

bigpeeler was beloved by GBS while getfsical was repeatedly banned, then perma'd.

getfiscal is a much better twitterer than he ever was as a goon

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Buck Wildman posted:

lol that even the death of the site's founder didn't warrant an update of the front page
THERE'S A FRONT PAGE?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Humper-Monkey always had the better stories

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I remember it was considered a truly epic bacon for the win moment (when being epic bacon for the win was good) when Mayor Wilkins posted a 2000 word screed about how he was cooler than a public access tv show host, then banned the public access tv show guy

:george:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Close the thread. Lowtax dying is not worth 13 loving pages.

Find something else to talk about.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

etalian posted:

The Mangosteen saga also ended in a juicy thread meltdown and lock

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2003

rip lowtax, he loved to make people laugh but only when that laughter wasn't directed at him

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

smarxist posted:

imagine thinking your online identity as lowtax is worth more than 13 million dollars, even in 2006 lol

the front page must go on

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Laterite posted:

Humper-Monkey always had the better stories

I always liked The Swami

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Filthy Hans posted:

maybe GBS was just the "poo poo posting" pre-season before moving on to the big leagues?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Raiad posted:

rip lowtax, he loved to make people laugh but only when that laughter wasn't directed at him

he loved to punch down both metaphorically and literally

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
I always liked when Lowtax deleted Automotive Insanity because it didn't get enough traffic or some poo poo and then got super pissed off at all the car threads in GBS

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
*robert blake voice over intercom* Dick Kynka is dead.

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Nov 14, 2021

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

smarxist posted:

Jeff "Greasy" Veasey stays winning over bLowtax

lol

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Lowtax became insanely jealous of any goon who was funnier and wittier than he was

Tossed_Salad_Mans [fictional] stories were the funniest thing on this forum and his threads became popular enough for him to become a forum celeb

Lowtax began whining about him on FYAD like a loving child and I dont remember TSM posting much after that.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PawParole posted:

Close the thread. Lowtax dying is not worth 13 loving pages.

Find something else to talk about.

alright, lets kill you

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did we figure out how he died yet

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Valko posted:

I always liked The Swami

Swami stories always struck me as Palahniuk-style stories, in a good way

wonder what happened to that guy

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

He did a Budd Dwyer, except Budd left behind a family that loved him.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Stairmaster posted:

Suicide because he didn't want to pay child support and alimony to the family members he abused and abandoned.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Stairmaster posted:

Honestly just let it go, there is nothing productive that could come out of any of this. He's dead and you either think he is a coward or a victim or whatever, but he is dead and any other speculation doesn't help anything.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Not Important posted:

Suicide because he didn't want to pay child support and alimony to the family members he abused and abandoned.

This is not a joke. Richard Kyanka shot himself to death because his divorce was finalized with a finding of domestic abuse (by him) and maliciously spending down savings to avoid child support. He left no note or final words for his children.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

This is not a joke. Richard Kyanka shot himself to death because his divorce was finalized with a finding of domestic abuse (by him) and maliciously spending down savings to avoid child support. He left no note or final words for his children.

lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The thought of needing to get his first job in 20 years was just too much for the taxman

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Henry Kissinger outlived Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka.

Have to admit I didn't see that one coming.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
I spotted Lowtax at a 7-11 today in Waukegan. He's definitely still alive

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

The thought of needing to get his first job in 20 years was just too much for the taxman

He took the easy way out since after 20 years he forgot how to use those paper punch in time card machines.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-Paine posted:

lowtax alive in serbia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

T-Paine posted:

I saw Richard at McDonald's