Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Merkinman posted:

Slap David Lynch's name on it and it's the best thing ever, and if you don't like it you're just a dumb philistine.

It's true. Jealous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Well I'm stupid

Forgot I hadn't saved in smtv after the first boss and got wiped out by a stupid low level mob. At least I know I can beat the boss but man I don't want to spend my Sunday morning replaying content

Going to go get high n clean the apartment instead I guess before I hop back in. I miss Charon

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

classic david lynch trope: a guy drinks soda for an hour.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Well I'm stupid

Forgot I hadn't saved in smtv after the first boss and got wiped out by a stupid low level mob. At least I know I can beat the boss but man I don't want to spend my Sunday morning replaying content

Going to go get high n clean the apartment instead I guess before I hop back in. I miss Charon

always be saving

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I said come in! posted:

If you get to a frustrating part or just want to grind too, there is a Safety difficulty option you can download for free from the eshop.

Haha, that's really rubbing it in. Not only do you have to use easy mode, you have to go out of your way to get even easier mode, you bumbling baby.

I'll keep it in mind for when I pick up the game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my defence is “I don’t give a gently caress”

it seems like you give a lot of a gently caress actually

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I hope everyone in this, the Nintendo Switch thread, is having a good day.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I am, I just got to the first boss in SMTV and trying to find a way to get bufu and Fire resistance on my main guy who’s going to be magic focused. I’ve done strength builds for the past few games so I figured I was due for a change up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

it seems like you give a lot of a gently caress actually

How so

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

postin

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Lastdancer posted:

Having a great day playing video games!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lastdancer posted:

I'm having a ball, playing smtv. switch wins again

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I remember when Nintendo refunded me my purchase for this JRPG that had 16-year olds with jiggle physics (I just told Nintendo it was broken) and ppl defended the game with 16-year old characters with jiggle physics.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I remember when Nintendo refunded me my purchase for this JRPG that had 16-year olds with jiggle physics (I just told Nintendo it was broken) and ppl defended the game with 16-year old characters with jiggle physics.

You’re going need to be more specific

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

people telling me Tokyo Mirage Sessions was good should be permabanned

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

They were right

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Except for the dungeon revisits, I won’t defend those

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The new Animal Crossing update is massive. It's completely sucked me back in, and I've hardly even touched the DLC yet.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lastdancer posted:

I am having a good day with the FFV Pixel Remaster, although I would be having a much better day if it was on the Switch!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I just want to say that dual joycons is the ultimate father-daughter co-op gameplay mode. Who gets to control the camera and who gets to control everything else is up to you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's one of the few interesting games atlus has made semi-recently. they publish games from better devs at least

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Done.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hatty posted:

I am, I just got to the first boss in SMTV and trying to find a way to get bufu and Fire resistance on my main guy who’s going to be magic focused. I’ve done strength builds for the past few games so I figured I was due for a change up

whats bufu

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nothin' what's a bufu with you? :haw:

(It's what Megaten calls ice magic. Zio is lightning, Zam is wind/force, Agi is fire)

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Whew, finally wall-mounted an old TV that still works over HDMI.

What's the current cheap/safe extra dock recommendation so I have to come up with a new excuse as to why I'm not Ring Fit?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Finally got around to beating Dread.
7.5 hours of very slick gameplay. Really enjoyed it even though I only got about 40% of the items. I thought I was thorough but there must be a lot I didn't begin to see.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Phenotopia was a weird one for me. Played it for a few hours then just stopped. It does 100 things, none of them super well. I mean your main attack is swinging a stick, and this literally drains stamina so you can only swing it like 3 times. Very unsatisfying combat. The writing is good though

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
The purple EMMI made me yell at my dog
I was in a good mood then I decided to pop in for a few minutes & immediately got mad
I feel like the purple EMMI, more than any other, lurks around you at all times and it is frustrating
Fret not - I made sure to apologize to my dog

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

curious what the defense is for the orange haze from Los Santos missing, or Vice City lacking any of its neon moodiness and it just looking really saturated now

"lmao no those were bad actually"

Not having the smog in San Andreas and calling it draw distance is pretty dumb and bad

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

b_d posted:

classic david lynch trope: a guy drinks soda for an hour.

Listen buddy, if some youtuber made a bad thing, and a filmmaker made a good thing, then people who like good things would like the bad thing if we imagine enough weird scenarios to get upset about

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I'm just happy I can play San Andreas on the go :(

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

The new Animal Crossing update is massive. It's completely sucked me back in, and I've hardly even touched the DLC yet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/End3rJ/status/1459934544052768771?t=lCKhx5xx3uWDPP0P2hxCsw&s=19

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

American McGay posted:

the dlc is incredible also. very addictive and basically a whole new game of stuff to do

you know that game you're enjoying? well you should really stop and instead get mad about it, some folks on twitter said it was bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LemonLimeSoda posted:

The purple EMMI made me yell at my dog
I was in a good mood then I decided to pop in for a few minutes & immediately got mad
I feel like the purple EMMI, more than any other, lurks around you at all times and it is frustrating
Fret not - I made sure to apologize to my dog

welcome, new thread villain

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looper posted:

some folks on twitter said it was bad

everyone using Twitter has a broken brain so I’ll stay enjoying this amazing port of SA :cheers:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Please don’t yell at your dogs please

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oh my god
https://twitter.com/the_real_enno/status/1460021683226611712?t=yPjBteJfE8MCRFIdYOWVCw&s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bufu these nutz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Are people using their Switch OLED in Vivid or Standard mode? Vivid makes colors really pop but it feels like it must be distorting the "real" colors.