Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mentat Radnor posted:

Thank you for the report, time travel agent Funaceface. I hope 2004 is treating you well.

That is pretty neat for real though. Of the 4 malls near me, 2 are abandoned, 1 remodeled to close off the inside walkways and all the stores open to the outdoors now, and 1 is open but has like 30% of the customers that it did ten years ago.

The city I live in is like 70% white flight boomers from Toronto so the malls here still prosper. Its also why I was kind of shocked to see a manga/anime store. Wouldnt think there would be enough of a customer base here to pull that off.

And yes I opted to pick up my copy and not have it delivered. It was a good excuse to get out for a bit on a day off, especially before the snow starts falling and the temperature hits -30. :v:

Taima posted:

Ok! So once again thank you to everyone who gave recommendations.

I wasn't able to find the retail blu rays of everything on popular ecommerce website Amazon dot com (especially some older stuff) but here is a list of all the legitimately owned blu rays I bought (or plan to buy once they are released commercially) and several of these are actual recommendations made by you guys:

The image above is super high res so you can open it further for great detail.

I ask you fine people, WHAT GEMS ARE STILL MISSING FROM THIS CATALOG THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL ^_^ <3

And again, this is the list of stuff I've watched so far:

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blonson?status=2

Btw kinda random but I finished Tower of God and thought it was... not very good? Is the manga better? The early episodes were pretty dope, and the premise is cool, but it definitely started to lose its way partway through the anime at least, imo.

March Comes in Like a Lion, Hellsing Ultimate, Durarara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

also

watch kaiji

everyone should watch kaiji

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That Blade Runner thing on Toonami was, uh

not great

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you haven't watched gridman yet, you should.

Not that guy in particular, just anyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gridman is very good

dynazenon is good too but in different ways

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

:yeah:

Acerbatus posted:

If you haven't watched gridman yet, you should.

Not that guy in particular, just anyone.

I really wanted to like that but I just could not get interested in it at all and I cant even put my finger on why. I think maybe Im broken.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arist posted:

gridman is very good

dynazenon is good too but in different ways

Thanks for the reminder that I still need to watch dynazenon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does the Adachi & Shimomura anime have a proper ending or is it another 'read the LN/manga' affair?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

Does the Adachi & Shimomura anime have a proper ending or is it another 'read the LN/manga' affair?

The latter, though I didn't even realize it wasn't a full adaptation until the colonel pointed it out to me afterwards.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheers, I may or may not bother depending on how the anime leaves things then :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, there are definitely couples who get together by the end of the anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds ominous

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh it's not in that sense i just mean only the side girls are banging by the end the anime just only adapts like a couple volumes of an ln with like... 14+? adashima would work if it was like a much longer form adaptation but it's not a good fit for a single 13 ep cour

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol I figured.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Adachi & Shimomura, it was decent even if nothing really happened lol

Any other good yuri shows come out in the last couple of years? Anything older I've probably already seen.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
people liked otherside picnic. oshibudo is decent though it's way heavier on comedy than relationship stuff

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool, yeah I had Picnic on the list but I'll check out Oshibudo, thanks.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
drat Battlemage owns in DFO

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

verbal enema posted:

drat Battlemage owns in DFO

i hope she's in the fighting game that will never come out

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DoubleDonut posted:

i forgot about that goddamnit now im sad all over again

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Adachi & Shimomura, it was decent even if nothing really happened lol

Any other good yuri shows come out in the last couple of years? Anything older I've probably already seen.

Bloom into you if you haven't seen that yet.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

is this based on anything or just 'oh no we haven't heard anything in one (1) year that a plague is happening during'

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Patware posted:

is this based on anything or just 'oh no we haven't heard anything in one (1) year that a plague is happening during'

I feel like I heard about it years ago but this past year has been odd for time recognition

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

verbal enema posted:

I feel like I heard about it years ago but this past year has been odd for time recognition

Ya it was announced in december last year.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kild posted:

Ya it was announced in december last year.

i hate this timeline

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Julias posted:

Thanks for the reminder that I still need to watch dynazenon

Same. Really need to get around to Dynazenon. Not watching much anime as of late though.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Furnaceface posted:

The city I live in is like 70% white flight boomers from Toronto so the malls here still prosper. Its also why I was kind of shocked to see a manga/anime store. Wouldnt think there would be enough of a customer base here to pull that off.

And yes I opted to pick up my copy and not have it delivered. It was a good excuse to get out for a bit on a day off, especially before the snow starts falling and the temperature hits -30. :v:

March Comes in Like a Lion, Hellsing Ultimate, Durarara.

I got Durarara!

Am I to understand that Hellsing Ultimate is essentially a series of OVAs? Just having a slight bit of trouble understanding if it's a seasonal series or like... a series of short movies...

Oh and I do have March Comes in on the screenshot, definitely looking forward to watching it. Thank you for the recs!

Mix. posted:

also

watch kaiji

everyone should watch kaiji

Is there an english dub? I do prefer dubs (sorry everyone probably hates me now hah) but this show seems old so I'm guessing if it does have a dub, it's probably bad?

Ibblebibble posted:

Fruits Basket got a full reboot/remake in 2019 that covered the entire manga rather than just the first third or so, and it's incredible quality. Might be worth going for rather than the original Fruits Basket anime.

Oh actually I don't know which it is, the album art might be messed up. Is this the original version or the 2019 version?

Taima fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 14, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Taima posted:

Oh actually I don't know which it is, the album art might be messed up. Is this the original version or the 2019 version?

2019, the art’s a lot better looking for one thing. Also unlike Brotherhood or the current Shaman King reboot, the Fruits Basket remake doesn’t really rush through the beginning sections all that much from what I can tell (I’m currently going through it for the first time myself)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

verbal enema posted:

whoops now I was the one being overly sassy despite there being a plague

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man I hope that gridman/dynazenon collab for al is happening in the west. I mean there's not much reason it wouldn't, but there's a few that I would've expected to happen in other games that didn't (like the batman sinoalice one hasn't been confirmed yet)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Am I to understand that Hellsing Ultimate is essentially a series of OVAs? Just having a slight bit of trouble understanding if it's a seasonal series or like... a series of short movies...

Yes. It's 10 episodes but iirc they're all around an hour long. Each covers one volume of the manga.

Taima posted:

Is there an english dub? I do prefer dubs (sorry everyone probably hates me now hah) but this show seems old so I'm guessing if it does have a dub, it's probably bad?

Kaiji was never dubbed, unfortunately. And don't worry about mentioning dubs here. Most folks don't care.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

did some motherfucker talk about dubs???

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was me, I talked about dubs and I'll do it again

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
check 'em

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Dubs are the only way I'll watch anime, it's just easier. Plus like, look at how good the Dub is for Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop, or One Piece.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Arist posted:

It was me, I talked about dubs and I'll do it again

you dumb motherfucker, your days in adtrw are numbered!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

Dubs are the only way I'll watch anime, it's just easier. Plus like, look at how good the Dub is for Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop, or One Piece.

is there an emote that's like the hai smiliie shaking its head. unhai.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you're not powerful enough anymore namtab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Namtab posted:

you dumb motherfucker, your days in adtrw are numbered!
/