Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

just rust posted:

Ryan Satin reports that Smack!Down! Live!'s latest acquisition is Baron Von Wagoner, the Elite Iron Claw Commander.

So he spent like what, two weeks in developmental?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

He should give Roderick Strong some lessons

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

WWE has broken my brain, when I was watching the Cool and Good AEW PPV I kept waiting for the good and obvious thing to not happen for HEAT which thankfully didn't happen but it sucks that they've implanted that doubt in my head.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

LionYeti posted:

WWE has broken my brain, when I was watching the Cool and Good AEW PPV I kept waiting for the good and obvious thing to not happen for HEAT which thankfully didn't happen but it sucks that they've implanted that doubt in my head.

What will they do when they run out of pops tho?

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

This is me, every time - WWE pancaked my brain into expecting everything to always be awful and unfulfilling, so when something like a multi year Hangman arc actually gets an incredible resolution I just sit there in disbelief.

I really don't know how anybody can be a fan of WWE and AEW when they are miles apart in quality.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Davros1 posted:

His father is the legendary Beau Beverly of the Beverly Brothers. He is a second generation talent, and thus was born ready.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

just rust posted:

His father is the legendary Beau Beverly of the Beverly Brothers. He is a second generation talent, and thus was born ready.

So Bronn Breakkker is on Raw or Smackdown?

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

just rust posted:

I'm gonna guess this fact has not been mentioned once on television.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
That's pretty good, but it needs more zipline.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

he deleted it and is now going off, completely overlooking the fact that it was vince/WWE responsible for jinder and shanky's rap in the first place

https://twitter.com/AJFrancis410/status/1459949889597624334

https://twitter.com/AJFrancis410/status/1459952266002194434?s=20

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Youth with a Skull posted:

I really don't know how anybody can be a fan of WWE and AEW when they are miles apart in quality.

I used to see people post on here that they would watch WWE for the women's division, but WWE has done such a number on it I doubt that maybe true.

You should ask EMF.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Majinfoose posted:

I used to see people post on here that they would watch WWE for the women's division, but WWE has done such a number on it I doubt that maybe true.

You should ask EMF.

EMF is cool and was watching Full Gear with us. As far as wwe goes well you have fireworks… oh wait. Hmmm. Lots of guys over 6 foot? Really thinking about it 6 foot plus dudes and HEAT are about it. Can’t even use the giant crowds excuse as wwe is back to tarp, giving seats away and pushing peeps to the hard cam. Oh! Obnoxious lighting and LED screens everywhere. Plus you got superior cameramen. Not in skill mind you but they make their guys run around and do callisthenics so they are healthy. Don Callis was able to beat up and replace a cameraman in AEW so wrap it up there. Also supporting genocide and general evil. You can’t really put a price on that but Vince said some millions will work. Lastly their killing the UK wrestling scene probably inadvertently saved some children from getting Savilled. So it all balances out. Vince’s chequebook that is.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

apparently the troops show just aired in certain places

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1459989319289036803

isn't the point to make them feel good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Grants to Roman Reigns

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Vertical Lime posted:

apparently the troops show just aired in certain places

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1459989319289036803

isn't the point to make them feel good

The troops are used to the banality of evil

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Youth with a Skull posted:

WWE has larger than life classic pro wrestler types in big time clashes. I was watching the Page/Kenny contract signing and even though the promo was good I just couldn't get into it, there's nothing exciting to me about watching 2 average sized white guys with the same greasy hair arguing with eachother. Like when you see Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Big E, even the smaller guys in WWE you know you're looking at legit athletes that could do serious damage to eachother and that makes the match exciting.

WWE also isn't super predictable and their matches are 100x better imo because they tell stories and have a clear goal they're trying to accomplish and get over, they don't just pander to the crowd for random pops. Moves aren't what makes a match, selling/registering moves and logic narrative is.

Then you have the women's division, in WWE the women are now 100% equal to the men, sometimes women main event a show, sometimes the men do and they're all legit, well trained wrestlers with distinct characters and in-ring styles. The way aew treats women is an embarrassment

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

WWE has larger than life classic pro wrestler types in big time clashes. I was watching the Page/Kenny contract signing and even though the promo was good I just couldn't get into it, there's nothing exciting to me about watching 2 average sized white guys with the same greasy hair arguing with eachother. Like when you see Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Big E, even the smaller guys in WWE you know you're looking at legit athletes that could do serious damage to eachother and that makes the match exciting.

WWE also isn't super predictable and their matches are 100x better imo because they tell stories and have a clear goal they're trying to accomplish and get over, they don't just pander to the crowd for random pops. Moves aren't what makes a match, selling/registering moves and logic narrative is.

Then you have the women's division, in WWE the women are now 100% equal to the men, sometimes women main event a show, sometimes the men do and they're all legit, well trained wrestlers with distinct characters and in-ring styles. The way aew treats women is an embarrassment

Source your quotes

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
source ur quotes

e: god drat, beaten

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
im acknowledging that post

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
he's right, dammit

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dimebags Brain posted:

I can't tell if this is a joke or just the collective brainworms of Wrestling Twitter seeping into this dead comedy forum created by a hilariously dead man

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

kitten emergency posted:

im acknowledging that post

acknowledging it's bad!!!!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Then you have the women's division, in WWE the women are now 100% equal to the men

Right but not right as intended, the best kind of right

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Drakkel posted:

I can't tell if this is a joke or just the collective brainworms of Wrestling Twitter seeping into this dead comedy forum created by a hilariously dead man

I would never joke about my favorite WWE Superstars and their Larger Than Life clashes I get to watch every Monday and Friday night on WWE Raw and WWE Smackdown.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Visionary of Drip

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Architect of Inclusivity

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

sba posted:

Visionary of Drip

Visionary of Derp

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
When did the big “everyone must have nicknames” thing start, anyways?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

zetamind2000 posted:

Right but not right as intended, the best kind of right

Now I miss Futurama again.

Do the women still have just the one finishing move of “roll up”?

Drakkel posted:

The world may never know. I will say that, joke post or not, he does have a point about the spectacle of beefy guys over 6 foot. A shame about the “plots” and having the same matches over and over but they really do have the potential to be the home of “big men slapping meats.” From the clips I’ve seen Bronn Breakkkkkker looks like a good big man. Dude would be fun to watch in AEDub or Japan. I forget: how tall is Wardlow?

I mean IF Vince died and someone bought The WWE they could bring back fireworks and have a decent fed. Maybe cut down on the evil just a tad so you didn’t feel dirty buying a ticket. The women div may not be what it was when they were trying to kill all other wrestling companies but they could still be saved. Just completely ditch Johnny Ace and everyone else involved in bringing back the Diva age. It COULD be done. It won’t as Vince will burn it all down but it could.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 15, 2021

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Some people genuinely think WWE has "better storytelling" than AEW simply because their stories are so simple and the details are repeated so often that it makes it very easy to follow even if you only watch every once in awhile.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The Lord of Hats posted:

After Triple H had collected about a dozen or so.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

thatsbait.gif

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

visionary of piss

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Top Dolla sucks

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The Archer of Infamy

The Swiss Cyborg

The Queen

The Goddess

The Queen Of Spades

The Celtic Warrior

The Queen of Hearts

THE DEMON

A... Fourth Queen Cause She Won Queen of the Ring

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

your friend wicka posted:

Some people genuinely think WWE has "better storytelling" than AEW simply because their stories are so simple and the details are repeated so often that it makes it very easy to follow even if you only watch every once in awhile.

I've realized that the very few storylines that are good are not worth sitting through 7 hours of TV each week to see, so I'll just never see them in anything other than Streamable clips posted on SA.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The Lord of Hats posted:

A real lovely thing is how the majority of them have a "the X of Y" structure to them in a way that seems forced and probably mandated by a brokebrained septuagenarian.

Imagine if this poo poo was happening 20 years ago.

The rattlesnake of Texas
The champ of the people
The kid of the heartbreak
The man of the dead

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Breetai posted:

A real lovely thing is how the majority of them have a "the X of Y" structure to them in a way that seems forced and probably mandated by a brokebrained septuagenarian.

Imagine if this poo poo was happening 20 years ago.

The rattlesnake of Texas
The champ of the people
The kid of the heartbreak
The man of the dead

The kicker of rear end
The kings of king
The blue blood of Connecticut

This is Triple H's fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

gotta show the "what just happened" replay ten times during the match, three times right after the break and twice during the next match because you treat your fanbase like they are mentally disabled

excellent storytelling