Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you afraid of the number 13?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because that's how many Super Bowls Tom Brady will ultimately win. 1 10.00%
No, because 7 8 9 and 10! That 7 is way more scarier. :dadjoke: 2 20.00%
After everything that happened in 2020, 13 is the least scariest thing imaginable. 2 20.00%
I like turtles and/or internet polls. 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

SB, I want you to know I'm rooting like hell for the Saints D/ST tonight but none of this silliness.

I assume you’re playing me this week. With our league’s defense scoring even the worst defense averages well over what you need tonight to secure the victory. I haven’t lost hope though.

Hell I have Miami and they scored 11 points yesterday while giving up 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

jabro posted:

I assume you’re playing me this week. With our league’s defense scoring even the worst defense averages well over what you need tonight to secure the victory. I haven’t lost hope though.

Nah, this is for another league where I'm up against someone with 4 guys on IR, 2 on bye, and then two other players he had to straight drop because they were last minute inactives. Losing by 8 with just my Saints D/ST against his Rashad Penny!

Edit: I had the Jets this week and was stunned they got ~9 points. I guess you get a lot of kick return yardage when your opponent keeps scoring?

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 25, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

jabro posted:

Nah, he’s playing me in our league. Barring a Callaway miracle I’m going 1-6. Going to be pretty easy to calculate my playoff chances.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

In another league I'm against DK Metcalf with a 12 point lead, in this one I need DK to not get significantly outscored by Geno Smith. I feel like if I win or lose both, I'm going to have a lot warmer or cooler feelings towards Metcalf

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'd be very happy with Kamara looking like Kamara tonight. I've already won my match but yadda yadda nails in coffins.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I didn’t think it was possible for Kyler Murray’s to lay such impressive fantasy turds. Thought they were immune.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

EconDad posted:

I didn’t think it was possible for Kyler Murray’s to lay such impressive fantasy turds. Thought they were immune.

A Packers prime time game all bets are off.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats Pecota. This is truly a lost season for me.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
My entire team almost lost to Michael Pittman this week. On his own. Or, at least it felt that way.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Man am I glad I picked up Mike White on a flyer after failing to get Flacco, at least I'll have a QB next week. My Trey Lance gambit has completely flopped and all I can do is curse myself for abandoning my strategy and trading away Fields.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:skeltal: Skeletons bincth! :skeltal:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

My entire team almost lost to Michael Pittman this week. On his own. Or, at least it felt that way.

Congrats on the win!

Hey, the projected playoff bracket has us going against us in the first round, we might get to be playoff buddies!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Congrats on the win!

Hey, the projected playoff bracket has us going against us in the first round, we might get to be playoff buddies!

I feel like we were playoff buddies once before. What happened that other time... I just can't QUITE RECALL!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

ShakeZula posted:

Man am I glad I picked up Mike White on a flyer after failing to get Flacco, at least I'll have a QB next week. My Trey Lance gambit has completely flopped and all I can do is curse myself for abandoning my strategy and trading away Fields.

I love everything about this statement. It's very "20 team league" specific. And for that, I love it.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Now it's time for the typical, every-league question to be asked and chosen...

For this week, should I start Colt McCoy or Trevor Siemian?

Yeeeeeeeeeeee yeee yeeeeeeee

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Geno Smith or/and Tyrod Taylor could be on the trading block soon! Not sure if I am super eager to trade Tyrod, but I will entertain offers. Geno could still be a "playing" bye week replacement for a few weeks after his bye this week if anyone needs him.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 7, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Ah yes, the ol' Colt Siemian dilemna.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EconDad posted:

You get Siemianized and you like it!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

darkwolf220, you ok?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
That feeling when you’re within half a point and you have the niners defense left only. And they can’t stop colt McCoy at all.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Ah yes, the ol' Colt Siemian dilemna.

Made the “opt out” choice and went with Brissett. *shudders*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Made the “opt out” choice and went with Brissett. *shudders*

Well, looks like it worked!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

chrix posted:

darkwolf220, you ok?

Scotch scotch scotchity scotch...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Technically, I’m only three games behind and could theoretically come back and win the division.

Technically, all I have to do to win the lottery is pick 6 numbers on one ticket.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

Technically, I’m only three games behind and could theoretically come back and win the division.

Technically, all I have to do to win the lottery is pick 6 numbers on one ticket.

20 team league season 13 endgame: the rise of Boudin Ballers, the movie.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The good news is I'm only one game out of the division lead, and would make the playoffs if they started today.

The bad news is I'm going to get brutally stomped this week by the division leader, and my tenuous grasp on the postseason will be lost

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I don’t know who Ray-Ray McCloud is but we are gonna kick your rear end and go out for ice cream later.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Just when I thought I had possibly salvaged my season...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1459576693576847361

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i'm loving throwing gently caress why the gently caress do i have two pieces of the miami dolphins offense on my team fuckckckckcknc

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I’m not sure if I’ve ever felt more embarrassed by a starting decision than I do about my Colt McCoy start this week.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

EconDad posted:

I’m not sure if I’ve ever felt more embarrassed by a starting decision than I do about my Colt McCoy start this week.

Did not pay attention to the game and just checked the stat line for the 0.1 points. I feel like I would be happier with a 0, it is the equivalent of getting tipped a penny.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thom and the Heads posted:

i'm loving throwing gently caress why the gently caress do i have two pieces of the miami dolphins offense on my team fuckckckckcknc

Ty kindly sir, i needed a dub

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

Did not pay attention to the game and just checked the stat line for the 0.1 points. I feel like I would be happier with a 0, it is the equivalent of getting tipped a penny.

Kyler Murray can return whenevvvverrrr he feels like it. I'm voting for "next week".

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lol I'm gonna somehow lose because Matthew Stafford only wants to throw picks.

Edit: Apparently not but even I have to admit that would've been funny as gently caress. I couldn't even be mad.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 16, 2021

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Starting Mike White over Jared Goff may have proven to be a statistical mistake, but I maintain that it was the morally correct move.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

I feel like we were playoff buddies once before. What happened that other time... I just can't QUITE RECALL!

Hey update: I just wanted to let you know that two weeks later and it till has us in the same bracket, imagine that!

I just looked at the a few of the top scoring teams this year and San Francisco POM's team is a loving nightmare. That'd be a good squad in a 12-team league. :psyberger:

Now just hoping that Tua can score at least 1 TD this week before he's carted off with *spins wheel of injuries*

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Hey update: I just wanted to let you know that two weeks later and it till has us in the same bracket, imagine that!

I just looked at the a few of the top scoring teams this year and San Francisco POM's team is a loving nightmare. That'd be a good squad in a 12-team league. :psyberger:

Now just hoping that Tua can score at least 1 TD this week before he's carted off with *spins wheel of injuries*

I will be basically in shock if my team makes the playoffs.

I play Hrothgar, Placeholder, and PoM the next three. If I win any of those three I'll be surprised.

The two losses this season to Baller Status where my team completely caved in, imploded, and died... probably did me in.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
More bored at work stats:

How far from your expected wins you are, based on your rank order by points each individual week. A negative number means you have been somewhat unlucky and are below your expected wins, while a positive number means you have been lucky and are above your expected wins. For example, Boudin Ballers is currently the unluckiest person in the league and should have 4.21 wins instead of 2, while Placeholder Name as the luckiest should have 6.05 wins instead of 8. It is not perfect because it assumes the schedule is truely random and does not take divisions and such into account, but it is good enough. The household that gets unlucky together stays together?

code:
1.95  	Place
1.58	Akron
1.42	Rated R
1.37	Flowers
1.11	Naptown
0.89	Electric
0.53	Kraft
0.53	Wash
0.53	Slug
0.47	Baller
0.11	Lock
-0.21	High
-0.37	Deflated
-0.74	SPIN
-0.79	NEDN
-0.95	Discount
-1.37	SEA
-1.74	PoM
-2.11	Taco
-2.21	Boudin

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 17, 2021

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Pain of Mind posted:

More bored at work stats:

How far from your expected wins you are, based on your rank order by points each individual week. A negative number means you have been somewhat unlucky and are below your expected wins, while a positive number means you have been lucky and are above your expected wins. For example, Boudin Ballers is currently the unluckiest person in the league and should have 4.21 wins instead of 2, while Placeholder Name as the luckiest should have 6.05 wins instead of 8. It is not perfect because it assumes the schedule is truely random and does not take divisions and such into account, but it is good enough. The household that gets unlucky together stays together?

code:
1.95  	Place
1.58	Akron
1.42	Rated R
1.37	Flowers
1.11	Naptown
0.89	Electric
0.53	Kraft
0.53	Wash
0.53	Slug
0.47	Baller
0.11	Lock
-0.21	High
-0.37	Deflated
-0.74	SPIN
-0.79	NEDN
-0.95	Discount
-1.37	SEA
-1.74	PoM
-2.11	Taco
-2.21	Boudin

Wow, you're just gonna roll up in here and choose violence tonight, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I did not pay PoM for that study but I validate its conclusions.