Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Who is the consensus pick for best overall in the draft btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Someone tell me how to watch Campbell's postgame presser. I NEED this, lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Apples McGrind posted:

Who is the consensus pick for best overall in the draft btw?

All I know is that it ain't a QB.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If anything, this is probably the year to trade down from #1. There isn't a generational QB prospect and the Lions need all the picks they can to fix their many, many roster holes.

Benne fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 15, 2021

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Benne posted:

If anything, this is probably the year to trade down from #1. There isn't a generational QB prospect and the Lions have roster holes everywhere.

The core problem with this argument is that without a generational QB prospect, who's going to be desperate enough to trade up to #1?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The core problem with this argument is that without a generational QB prospect, who's going to be desperate enough to trade up to #1?

The Rams traded up for Jared Goff. Someone is always desperate.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Benne posted:

Perhaps—but at that point, if there's a QB good enough for at least one team to believe they're worth first overall plus whatever draft capital it would take to trade up, then the Lions would probably be better off picking that player themselves. Keep in mind, Detroit already has two first round picks this year and next year, a second-round pick, and two third round picks. We've got draft capital, what we need is players. And drafting a ton of rookies, however good they may seem, is rarely a winning route to success in the NFL.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Steelers guaranteed the Lions get an asterisk at least

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Benne posted:

lmfao

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

ChristmasThanksgiving came early!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/Johnubacon/status/1460074189956825095

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
an underappreciated part of this tie is dan campbell calling all his timeouts at the end of overtime to help preserve time for the steelers to march into field goal range, only to get out bailed out by a miraculous fumble at the last possible moment

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Are rhe Steelers finally washed?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Magicpants posted:

an underappreciated part of this tie is dan campbell calling all his timeouts at the end of overtime to help preserve time for the steelers to march into field goal range, only to get out bailed out by a miraculous fumble at the last possible moment

Yes that was amazing. The Lions came deliciously close to losing

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Magicpants posted:

Even if he didn't fumble the ball he was getting tackled in-bounds with 15 seconds left and Pittsburgh would've had to rush the FG unit on. Just a completely bizarre sequence.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Detroit’s kicker could not have looked like he gave less of a poo poo as he was warming up during OT. He had the surliest “gently caress everything about this dumbass game and team why am I even here” look on (which is entirely understandable lol). You could see that zero effort dogshit kick coming from a mile away. It was amazing :allears:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Magicpants posted:

I think he was betting on the Lions getting a stop on 3rd down so he wanted time left for them to get another crack at a winning field goal. But of course it backfired.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Magicpants posted:

Did anybody ask him about this yet?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think he was betting on the Lions getting a stop on 3rd down so he wanted time left for them to get another crack at a winning field goal. But of course it backfired.

If nothing else he was still playing to win instead of settling for the tie, which I respect.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

they exist for eternity in a quantum state of washed, legit, and frauds

and it's good

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

sweet thursday posted:

The Steelers are probably the best team in the AFC with a real QB

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Did Josh Allen fall off the "elite" tier recently?

I missed all of Sunday but a cursory glance shows the Chargers losing another one so I get the veracity of Herbert being considered that great.

May Detroit have more ties this year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Did Josh Allen fall off the "elite" tier recently?

I missed all of Sunday but a cursory glance shows the Chargers losing another one so I get the veracity of Herbert being considered that great.

May Detroit have more ties this year.

Every team is a fraud. The Bills might be one of the least fraudulent.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Every team is a fraud. The Bills might be one of the least fraudulent.

The losses to the Steelers and Titans I can understand, but I have a hard time taking them seriously after the Jags game.

The AFC is wild, man.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/1460339322352250889

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:lol: Rothlesburger was patient zero? :thunk:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

The losses to the Steelers and Titans I can understand, but I have a hard time taking them seriously after the Jags game.

The AFC is wild, man.

Which “good” AFC team doesn’t have a loss at least as bad as that Jags loss?

Nov 6, 2002

By the end of November the best teams don't usually look the same as they did in September. To a certain degree you can begin to write off those early season loses as irrelevant, because they truly are not predictive of anything. I think the Titans' loss to the Jets is fast approaching that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

By the end of November the best teams don't usually look the same as they did in September. To a certain degree you can begin to write off those early season loses as irrelevant, because they truly are not predictive of anything. I think the Titans' loss to the Jets is fast approaching that.

That’s true, but good teams have head scratchers all the time even late in the year. One bad matchup on the line can wreck an entire game plan.

Also, the Titans struggled with a Saints team that doesn’t have a single offense player you could name except maybe Mark Ingram. It’s just one of those seasons where every team looks very beatable but someone will ultimately end up on top of the heap.

Nov 6, 2002

Perhaps, but I'd wager that by mid December the Titans and Bills will be clearly better than everyone else in the conference.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Get the gently caress outta here,

Talkin' bout teams with winning records.

This is the Lions thread.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Bellmaker posted:

The AFC is wild, man.

Yeah but the Jags have Josh Allen's evil doppelganger on the roster so it doesn't count

MrChrome
Jan 21, 2001
I'm in Detroit. The local news station is showing their Lions recap with Yakety Sax in the background. I love it.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

MrChrome posted:

I'm in Detroit. The local news station is showing their Lions recap with Yakety Sax in the background. I love it.

love Detroit. Best city. They don’t deserve this.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My parents texted me a couple pictures from the Rolling Stones concert at Ford Field last night, and I spent a few minutes wondering who I'd rather pay money to see in their 2021 incarnation: the Stones or the Lions.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

My parents texted me a couple pictures from the Rolling Stones concert at Ford Field last night, and I spent a few minutes wondering who I'd rather pay money to see in their 2021 incarnation: the Stones or the Lions.

One of my friends was at that concert and said it was "absolutely incredible," which I suppose is how I would describe going to see the game against the Eagles in person.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

C-Euro posted:

Lions, easily. You get a comedy and a tragedy in the same show.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Docjowles posted:

Detroit’s kicker could not have looked like he gave less of a poo poo as he was warming up during OT. He had the surliest “gently caress everything about this dumbass game and team why am I even here” look on (which is entirely understandable lol). You could see that zero effort dogshit kick coming from a mile away. It was amazing :allears:

like a dozen people in the GDT were posting about how he was about to miss. I remember one saying that they'd never been more sure of anything in their entire life

SolusLunes posted:

Lions, easily. You get a comedy and a tragedy in the same show.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Yeah, but would you rather watch the Eagles or the Eagles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

like a dozen people in the GDT were posting about how he was about to miss. I remember one saying that they'd never been more sure of anything in their entire life

Yeah, exactly. You didn't need to watch the kick, it was preordained exactly how it was going to go down.