Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Lamuella posted:

If you draw up any list of the wrestlers that other wrestlers thought were the smartest guy in the locker room in the late 90s all of them are now QAnon dipshits, because wrestlers think "smart" means "uses long words and owns stocks"
The bar was really low in the 80s and 90s when the best advice Kevin Nash ever got was "buy a house where you grew up and the fed will never own you again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tampa Bae posted:

The bar was really low in the 80s and 90s when the best advice Kevin Nash ever got was "buy a house where you grew up and the fed will never own you again"

To be fair, that was really good at advice. JJ Dillon in his book talks about how Vince really wanted to leash you to the company by peer pressuring you into buying a house well beyond your means in his part of upscale Connecticut but WWE would oh so helpfully offer you a loan.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dawgstar posted:

To be fair, that was really good at advice. JJ Dillon in his book talks about how Vince really wanted to leash you to the company by peer pressuring you into buying a house well beyond your means in his part of upscale Connecticut but WWE would oh so helpfully offer you a loan.

They still do this today with NXT signees, using shady realtor connections to push them into expensive Florida homes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/JakeeDaniels/status/1459752265246552066

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

and unbelievable dumb opinion to hold in a vacuum so why the hell would you decide to share it by responding to that person's video in particular?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/namanjain_101/status/1459742327233146881

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Ah, right, because going through something justifies you (allegedly) putting someone else through something

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best part is how that dude's logic accidentally loops back around to the "minorities are more violent" stereotype.

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021

quote:

I know nobody will agree, but (the worst Full Gear match) was MJF vs Darby, which was laid out like a Danny Garcia vs Dante Martin match. Every spot was constantly signposting just how of the future they are, aren’t they so evenly matched, aren’t they so athletic, isn’t this just like seeing a rookie RVD wrestle a rookie Jerry Lynn, especially when they both Kip up at the same time. These guys were so presented as the stars of the future that they no longer felt like stars of the present to me. It just sort of established a theme of overindulgence that ran through most of the card.

Could have just said "it insists upon itself" and saved a lot of typing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davius_xw posted:

It's better than the usual AEW criticism of "too many notes."

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

davius_xw posted:

I get to the point where MJF is demanding Darby hit him with the skateboard and it's like they're speaking another language!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

It's better than the usual AEW criticism of "too many notes."

yeah tbh, I think that's a fair criticism worthy of the discourse. I'd much rather talk about the merits and inherent dangers of blatantly performative physical altercations than say the sate of AEW's women's division.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

it was a good match

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
reddit having a normal one

quote:

Just find it kind of strange myself that people had no issues with Jay Lethal and weren't bringing up his alleged past in every ROH thread/ PPV thread, or out of the blue as a discussion point, but now that he's signing with AEW he's in the same tier as guys like Marty Scurll and Joey Ryan and should be blacklisted from the business? Where was this talk whilst he was working with ROH? Why is it a talking point now, and not the past few years that these alleged stories have been out on him?

This just reminds me of the Chauncey Billups situation in the NBA. Where he worked on coaching staff(s), was an assistant coach, even an anaylst on national TV. Except for when it was rumored he could become a head coach, and all of a sudden all these stories from his past come out and now he's a controversial figure nobody should hire with a 10 foot pole and should be in jail.

Just seems pretty circumstantial to me. So you knew about all of these things to do with Jay, but you only care about them when he goes to AEW? Did you forget who Jay was? I mean you remembered the stories so surely you didn't? Or is there more to why this happens?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Most people forgot ROH exists.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sleepwalkers posted:

it was a good match

It ruled and it's funny to see the weird kind of mental process someone needs to go through to not like it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sleepwalkers posted:

it was a good match

It was. I was expecting it to be pretty good but it far exceeded expectations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lid posted:

We've been bringing it up.

It's just that ROH didn't care so we gave up on it knowing they would never do anything and knowing no one gave a poo poo about ROH anyway.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Vandar posted:

We've been bringing it up.

It's just that ROH didn't care so we gave up on it knowing they would never do anything and knowing no one gave a poo poo about ROH anyway.

That's the thing that threw me; ROH got rid of Scurll, why the hell didn't they fire Lethal?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Renaissance Spam posted:

That's the thing that threw me; ROH got rid of Scurll, why the hell didn't they fire Lethal?

Scurll was a pedo which on the scale of hosed up poo poo is even worse

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Scurll was also like the highest paid guy in the company and had just been made the booker so it was a lot harder for them to simply ignore his allegations

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Scurll also admitted to what he did but tried to get away with it using the age of consent argument (leaving out the part where she was not only a 16-year-old schoolgirl but also drunk at the time)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also Jay’s accusers are pretty much discredited.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Also Jay’s accusers are pretty much discredited.

Strong statement.

Based on what?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lid posted:

Literally the same exact logic as "Wow, crazy how this politician's accusers never spoke up until he ran for an extremely powerful office, MAKES U THINK"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elephant Ambush posted:

Strong statement.

Based on what?

Not disputing their claims whatsoever. However Kelly Klein’s a mess, Taeler Hendrix works for Russo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

coconono posted:

Not disputing their claims whatsoever. However Kelly Klein’s a mess, Taeler Hendrix works for Russo.

... well you put it in the right thread.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The only thing worse than yikesposting with no explanations is going "Actually all your yikeses are wrong" and then following up with an explanation that doesn't actually explain anything.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

coconono posted:

The posting is coming from inside the thread huh.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

Not disputing their claims whatsoever. However

lmao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Working with Jim Russo should get you frozen cryogenically like Wesley Snipes in demolition man. But Jay Lethal probably was still a scummy creep.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/BookTheWorld3/status/1460166450203836418?t=LK0MwFWrxWUsTdnN_R2opg&s=19

When I think of storylines that were booked on the fly, the three year slow burn of Hangman Page getting the title is definitely what springs to mind.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

*shrugs*

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

coconono posted:

It's almost like they were traumatized and have limited job prospects for some reason.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Are there 2 other BookTheWorld accounts?

lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

coconono posted:

gross

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
you, i mean

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

Ah yes, the ol' "the victim is actually a woman of loose morals" defense

E: also please explain just how your statement there makes them "totally discredited"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MotU posted:

you, i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This look ain't good on you coco