Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

SubG posted:

it's the same investment, now it's just in a different wallet

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
bitcoin: a cruel angel investor's thesis

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

SubG posted:

:cabot:

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Have coiners ever been able to point to even a single miner that doesnt run 24/7?

The whole "stabilize base load" argument, even if it were what they say it is (which is isnt), sounds suspiciously just like they just want base power consumption to rise towards equaling peak power consumption as if that was desirable somehow.

mystes
May 31, 2006

SubG posted:

Lol

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

SubG posted:

bitcoin: a cruel angel investor's thesis

please mods

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

mystes posted:

not an investment thesis, an investment of Theseus, where your hard earned cash is slowly replaced by memecoins

buttcoin: the investment of theseus

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SubG posted:

bitcoin: a cruel angel investor's NFThesis

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

SubG posted:

rise young bitcoin,

Why does this remind me so much of “Rise, Lord Vader.”

One is pure evil, the other is a fallen Jedi

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

drk posted:

Have coiners ever been able to point to even a single miner that doesnt run 24/7?

The whole "stabilize base load" argument, even if it were what they say it is (which is isnt), sounds suspiciously just like they just want base power consumption to rise towards equaling peak power consumption as if that was desirable somehow.

they didn't say it only uses off-peak power

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
one time generated one time pad
https://twitter.com/jorgestolfi/status/1460029514789142529

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's okay, Winkle-Man, when everything inevitably crashes due to inflation, you can just give me bitcoins for free, out of goodness of your heart.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

el mismo PIN

it cant be that stupid

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

drk posted:

it cant be that stupid
you're right. I must be implementing it wrong

epitaph
Dec 31, 2008
the only thing hyperinflating is the price bitcoin from suckers buying it

soon it will hyperdeflate as well

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

has ross's mycrimes.txt been fully published anywhere as part of any of the trials? if not is it something that could be FOIA'd? I want to read it. well skim it probably at least a bit

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/LifeForAWebsite/status/1459828575662604291

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

life for a website, was @lifeforhiringanassassin taken?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

life for making a drug selling market place website and when people appeared who threatened your little empire you hired assassins to kill them

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
is pattaya Bruce still running free? so many of the OG bitcoin names are now dead or in jail that it is hard to keep track

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Pardot posted:

has ross's mycrimes.txt been fully published anywhere as part of any of the trials? if not is it something that could be FOIA'd? I want to read it. well skim it probably at least a bit
there's not really a single mycrimes.txt, there's basically several directories on his laptop full of incriminating poo poo. in particular there's a series of "journal" files called things like 2010.docx, 2011.otd, daily.odt, and so on. those are reproduced in full (afaik) as gx-240a through gx-240d in the trial records. there are also a bunch of chat logs that I *think* are just quoted from. there's also a bunch of poo poo like business records, meeting notes, and so on that I think are all reproduced in their entirety in the government exhibits

all of them are, or at least were, publicly available because mark karpeles paid for the pdfs and then made them available online

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

is pattaya Bruce still running free? so many of the OG bitcoin names are now dead or in jail that it is hard to keep track

https://twitter.com/brucewagner/status/1421186889692950528

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

the people who know and accept they’re scammers are getting funny
https://twitter.com/coinerstakingls/status/1460120080503631876?s=21
“jay pegs auto sale”

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/coinerstakingls/status/1460117749649137664?s=21

lmao no way

Pigbuster posted:

I hope the yacht club ape guys fund an unbelievably horrible animated show starring their apes, it feels like the logical next step.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKkc2v8echI

makes bitcoin and friends staring bitcoin look....

can't do it they're both awful trash

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

njsykora posted:

the people who know and accept they’re scammers are getting funny
https://twitter.com/coinerstakingls/status/1460120080503631876?s=21
“jay pegs auto sale”

Looking forward to hearing about Binance and FTXs rigorous KYC procedures resulting in a thief getting caught

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
does Binance yet have a street address or phone number

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

"Binance Markets Limited" has an official UK address: 167-169 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 5PF

However, there is a notice on Binance's website that that company is not currently allowed to conduct any regulated activities due to an order by a regulator, so I'm not sure that counts.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shumagorath posted:

123 Faque St.
90211 Anytown, CA
USA
1-800-BUTT-CON

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pointsofdata posted:

"Binance Markets Limited" has an official UK address: 167-169 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 5PF

However, there is a notice on Binance's website that that company is not currently allowed to conduct any regulated activities due to an order by a regulator, so I'm not sure that counts.

looks like one of those virtual office things where you can get pick up your mail and poo poo lol

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

We need to get as many people into menhirs as possible before the sky falls on our heads. This is a moral imperative, not an investment thesis.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Hammerite posted:

We need to get as many people into menhirs as possible before the sky falls on our heads. This is a moral imperative, not an investment thesis.

we need to rip as many hearts out of people as possible to ensure the sun rises tomorrow. this etc.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

oh i see

https://twitter.com/brucewagner/status/1400410098762194944?s=21

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
why do I need to search YouTube when you've put the link right there bruce?!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's Zitcoin Cash you mthoer fcuker!!!!!!!!!

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

zitcoiiinconneeect!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Kazinsal posted:

looks like one of those virtual office things where you can get pick up your mail and poo poo

I didn’t know those kinds of places even had public bathrooms!
:eyepop:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1460114763199832066?t=oh47vsC-25NkOL9Se4Dxcg&s=19

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they've evolved from buying a link to an image to buying a promise of a future image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

What the gently caress is a "fake nft"?