Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lungboy posted:

I read somewhere that the original destination was the cathedral but that due to traffic the bomber changed to the hospital.

BBC news article confirms the passengers destination when requesting the taxi was the Hospital.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...4kacE2s1RcckAio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

bonfire night

I mean the colour and amount of smoke it gave off suggest it was almost certainly mostly black powder[1], and guess what's been on sale in every shop in the country for the last month?

[1] Only "almost certainly" because a lot of improvised explosives will give off a lot of white/grey smoke if they're not properly prepared, but generally if they're that far off they'll normally give off a lot more smoke than bang (e.g. 21/7 bombers).

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

But yeah, if it was the remembrance day service that was targeted, it could very easily be the start of Irish republican action on the mainland, due to the tearing up of the GFA.

Can't see them doing anything preemptive, and current SF policy is to sit back and let the DUP accelerate reunification instead. :magical:

If an enforced border is implemented here i honestly have no idea what will happen as regards a republican response.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Just Another Lurker posted:

Can't see them doing anything preemptive, and current SF policy is to sit back and let the DUP accelerate reunification instead. :magical:

If an enforced border is implemented here i honestly have no idea what will happen as regards a republican response.

Actually, yeah... very valid point. I only threw in the potential IRA theory as the media has been speculating that the remembrance service was the intended target. This is probably going to end up being some QAnon fuckwit.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm sure the provos are rusty, but they know how to blow up a car

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

On the plus side if it does get attached to some deranged right wing cause hopefully it makes them less popular.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

On the plus side if it does get attached to some deranged right wing cause hopefully it makes them less popular.

BREAKING: Bomber is found to be regular Tory party member with no other distinguishing features

CON (+3)

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

If it is white blokes then it'll be 4 "lone wolves" and forgotten by next week.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

OwlFancier posted:

Doubt it. It'll be forgotten about by the rest of the UK and despite Scousers holding grudges for loving forever they'll end up claiming it as a false flag or something because I fear the Q influence runs pretty deep here.

I hope I'm wrong though and this helps lift the veil from some peoples eyes. I'm pretty tired of it all.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How is Labour handling the various byelections you asked? By blocking their previous candidate from the last three elections from the shortlist for being a leftie:

https://twitter.com/graeme_currie1/status/1459822975784562688

Full thread text:

quote:

Yesterday the NEC blocked my inclusion onto the North Shropshire local members hustings to shortlist for the upcoming by-election candidate. Under the guise of “due diligence” they raised spurious concerns regarding a tweet 2018 of a Palestinian badge and a Facebook post in 2020 where I quoted Jeremy Corbyn calling for calm following the Equalities Commission’s report on findings of Institutional anti-Semitism in the Labour Party. I consider I have been unjustly slurred as anti-Semitic. I abhor this slur and I am devastated and disgusted.

These baseless and unfounded assertions under the guise of “due diligence” are grossly upsetting to me. I consider that the kangaroo court of the NEC shortlisting committee has interfered in local party members choices and ability to fairly select a candidate. My support for Corbyn when he was elected Labour Party leader is in my opinion a factor in my removal from the candidates shortlist. These Stalinist tactics of the NEC flies in the face of the calls for unity within the Labour Party. I am now an outsider in my own Party where I have campaigned and fought for many years alongside my fellow party members for a more equal, socially just and non-discriminatory society. To feel I cannot be part of this anymore. Labour has a corruption in its soul.

I feel betrayed and abused by the NEC who have rejected me on spurious and unfair grounds and have prevented local members from a considering my suitability. I was committed to supporting whoever was selected alongside local members but now I will be unable to campaign for Labour. I am not sure I am even a member anymore. I express my sadness, anger and revulsion at this unfair and undemocratic treatment! I will not be able to campaign now or probably ever again for the Labour Party. I am devastated and destroyed by the casual horror of my treatment by NEC.

https://labourlist.org/2021/11/labour-selects-ben-wood-as-candidate-for-north-shropshire-by-election/

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Solefald posted:

BBC news article confirms the passengers destination when requesting the taxi was the Hospital.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...4kacE2s1RcckAio

Thanks for the clarification. So if the hospital was the target then the motive becomes a lot less obvious.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt other than the alleged bomber. It's interesting to watch the story change in real time: we've already gone from hero cabby stops attack on Remembrance Day parade to this poor driver getting his eardrum blown out at the end of a normal fare to the hospital. The other people arrested may not have anything to do with the cab passenger other than being unsuspecting housemates or people he called recently, cos I guess at this point the police are just casting around for whoever they can round up to say they're doing something. Or some/all of them may have been in on it, who knows.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

DickEmery posted:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lungboy posted:

Thanks for the clarification. So if the hospital was the target then the motive becomes a lot less obvious.
Women's hospital, so the most likely are antivax, anti-abortion, or the even further wingnut fringe of both that's convinced that hospitals are stealing live fetuses to extract adrenochrome/make vaccines/keep Jimmy Savile alive or whatever stupid poo poo they're on this week.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Finally the antinalists are pursuing direct action

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Guavanaut posted:

Women's hospital, so the most likely are antivax, anti-abortion, or the even further wingnut fringe of both that's convinced that hospitals are stealing live fetuses to extract adrenochrome/make vaccines/keep Jimmy Savile alive or whatever stupid poo poo they're on this week.

Bingo.
The "Cosmic Scousers" are proper nutjobs and I wouldn't be surprised if it's something linked to all that shite.
I had to work alongside one and she legit believed hospitals were harvesting fetuses for celebrities to bathe in the blood and stay youthful forever. Everyt ime Lady Gaga would come on the playlist at work she'd have a meltdown and have to go sit out in the KP area because she was so traumatised by this knowledge that she was in on the baby murdering. How she didn't get fired I still don't know.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Solefald posted:

"Cosmic Scousers"

poo poo name they should call themselves LiverQool

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

But because I was doing it on my tablet rather than my PC, no ad-block, and before the piano started, I got some ad jingle (and reflexively said "gently caress OFFFFFFFF!"), which is the absolute lowest point of human creative endeavour (the jingle, that is, not me telling it where to go).

Capitalism. Make u fink.
Ads are getting absolutely abysmal on YT now. The unskippable opening ads were bad enough, but now they've turned on interstitial ads by default and their algorithm for when to play them is loving terrible, so you get bumped out to an unskippable ad mid scene now.

Worse is when watching a guide for how to do something in a game - it makes it really difficult when trying to follow the flow of something complicated and it keeps popping out to sell you some poo poo for 15 seconds. If you pause (i.e. to try the thing you just watched in-game), it then adds another ad break after a few seconds.

Worst of all, new channels can't turn these interstitial ads off, and partners can only turn them off by disabling monetisation entirely.

I know they're doing it to make the platform just annoying enough to push users into subscribing to Youtube Pro/red/whatever, but it's loving annoying. It's absolutely just greed. They were making enough with the embedded ads but wanted more, so they added the opening ads. Then sometimes there were two ads. Then sometimes they were unskippable. Then they added the inserted ads.

DickEmery posted:

Four lone wolves, working together, aided by ideologically aligned organisations, attempting to use violence and fear to push said ideology. But very importantly not terrorist, because dulux chart says so.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Important update from the live blog:

"A crime scene investigator wearing a white suit was seen going in and out of a property in the street and a number of police vehicles were at the scene.

Police helped to carry shopping deliveries and a Deliveroo to properties within the cordon."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

England is under siege.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ads are getting absolutely abysmal on YT now. The unskippable opening ads were bad enough, but now they've turned on interstitial ads by default and their algorithm for when to play them is loving terrible, so you get bumped out to an unskippable ad mid scene now.

Worse is when watching a guide for how to do something in a game - it makes it really difficult when trying to follow the flow of something complicated and it keeps popping out to sell you some poo poo for 15 seconds. If you pause (i.e. to try the thing you just watched in-game), it then adds another ad break after a few seconds.

Worst of all, new channels can't turn these interstitial ads off, and partners can only turn them off by disabling monetisation entirely.

I know they're doing it to make the platform just annoying enough to push users into subscribing to Youtube Pro/red/whatever, but it's loving annoying. It's absolutely just greed. They were making enough with the embedded ads but wanted more, so they added the opening ads. Then sometimes there were two ads. Then sometimes they were unskippable. Then they added the inserted ads.

My friend, please install uBlock Origin in your browser and Pure Tuber (formerly Vanced) on your Android mobile device. Unfortunately I haven't found anything that will work on a smart TV yet.

e: Apparently Pure Tuber is not formerly Vanced, Vanced is here: https://vancedapp.com/.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 15, 2021

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yesterday my daughter wanted to watch something on Youtube, so I set it playing on the TV while I sorted out the kitchen. The ads were just absolutely nuts. In less than an hour I lost count of the number of times I had to skip totally randomly timed ad breaks. What's more some happened only minutes apart, were unsuitable for the pre-school content she was watching, and many ads were totally random lengths with some even longer than the original video. More than once it tried to play literally a full hour of Peppa Pig as an 'advert'.

Normally I watch occasional Youtube stuff on my PC with an adblocker, so it this isn't a problem. Next time I'm just going to cast the videos from the PC to TV.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
Vanced is still under development and I've seen nothing about it changing to Pure Tuber, you sure about this?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Tesseraction posted:

poo poo name they should call themselves LiverQool

Lol. Nah that's just the nickname they've been given. The group is called Sine Missione and they are very concerning.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

big scary monsters posted:

My friend, please install uBlock Origin in your browser and Pure Tuber (formerly Vanced) on your Android mobile device. Unfortunately I haven't found anything that will work on a smart TV yet.

Pure Tuber has nothing to do with Vanced, they just really want you to think it does.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Upgraded to Severe :toot:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-terrorism-threat-level-raised-to-severe

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Vanced is still under development and I've seen nothing about it changing to Pure Tuber, you sure about this?

sinky posted:

Pure Tuber has nothing to do with Vanced, they just really want you to think it does.

I dunno I had Play version of Vanced installed and then one day it changed to Pure Tuber. Unless I was taken in by some weird fake Vanced. But it works as advertised, no complaints from me.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

I dunno I had Play version of Vanced installed and then one day it changed to Pure Tuber. Unless I was taken in by some weird fake Vanced. But it works as advertised, no complaints from me.

There is no play version of Vancedapp, so it's a weird fake version.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

There is no Play version of Vanced, it's available from https://vancedapp.com/ via the Vanced Manager app and that's it. Anything you've got installed from Play is fake (and therefore possibly malicious). I'd advise uninstalling it and getting the real version.

Loonytoad Quack fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 15, 2021

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Just got a Telegraph pop-up on my phone. "Liverpool bomber was of Middle Eastern background and not known to MI5".

Terrorist confirmed via brownness.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Thank you for the correction.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

xtothez posted:

Yesterday my daughter wanted to watch something on Youtube, so I set it playing on the TV while I sorted out the kitchen. The ads were just absolutely nuts. In less than an hour I lost count of the number of times I had to skip totally randomly timed ad breaks. What's more some happened only minutes apart, were unsuitable for the pre-school content she was watching, and many ads were totally random lengths with some even longer than the original video. More than once it tried to play literally a full hour of Peppa Pig as an 'advert'.

Normally I watch occasional Youtube stuff on my PC with an adblocker, so it this isn't a problem. Next time I'm just going to cast the videos from the PC to TV.

Bear in mind a lot of smart TVs are now "smart" enough that casting actually just sends the URL to the telly to play in its own Youtube app.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WhatEvil posted:

Just got a Telegraph pop-up on my phone. "Liverpool bomber was of Middle Eastern background and not known to MI5".

Really reassuring how shite at their job the security services are. Guess that means we need to give them more money & more restrictive laws

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

WhatEvil posted:

God loving damnit. Things are going to get extra tense.

I mean the attack is horrible regardless of the ethnicity and purpose obviously.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

e: Apparently Pure Tuber is not formerly Vanced, Vanced is here: https://vancedapp.com/.

Heh, I just installed Pure Tuber and the very first video I tried out on it had two ads before starting.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

If your TV or streaming box uses Android, get SmartTubeNext

I'm using it right now on my fire TV stick and as well as ad blocking it had a bunch of useful features that Google don't put in the standard app (like adjustable playback speed)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SixFigureSandwich posted:

How is Labour handling the various byelections you asked? By blocking their previous candidate from the last three elections from the shortlist for being a leftie:

https://twitter.com/graeme_currie1/status/1459822975784562688

Full thread text:

https://labourlist.org/2021/11/labour-selects-ben-wood-as-candidate-for-north-shropshire-by-election/

is that it? is he not pursuing legal action?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
You think youtube ads are bad, Now TV has unskippable ads at the start of their films and you pay for that loving pleasure.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bacon Terrorist posted:

You think youtube ads are bad, Now TV has unskippable ads at the start of their films and you pay for that loving pleasure.

Same thing happens in cinemas y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lmao the gently caress is that reporting
"we don't know anything other than he was BROWN AND THEREFORE MUSLIMIST"