Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Baddog posted:

Hmm just tightened up to 17k votes, was that Camden?

Maybe I paper handed out too soon.

Not sure. I can't say I'm a huge fan of playing the "wager on the reporting speed of the jurisdictions" game in states that I'm not terribly familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baddog posted:

Man, I dunno, I just punched out. Essex is in, almost all of Passaic, and he's still down by 1.3?

Edit, well half of Passaic.

Apparently 2/3 of the absentee ballots have not been counted

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Vox Nihili posted:

Apparently 2/3 of the absentee ballots have not been counted

Which have been overhwelmingly for Murphy according to my expert knowledge of skimming the internet a couple minutes ago.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Merlot Brougham posted:

Which have been overhwelmingly for Murphy according to my expert knowledge of skimming the internet a couple minutes ago.

Yep, I maxed out for D again.

Phone ran out of juice right as I was mashing the max button, haha. Should have just held on through the whole thing, but got in for *nearly* the same basis i started with.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Baddog posted:

Yep, I maxed out for D again.

Good lad.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

All that and I’m gonna end up like 30$ thanks to VA and short three hours of sleep I needed

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

weekly font posted:

All that and I’m gonna end up like 30$ thanks to VA and short three hours of sleep I needed

As Big Ern would say, "lt's fun though, isn't it?"

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Unless of course Gregg Mele fucks the whole thing up for everyone.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Merlot Brougham posted:

Unless of course Gregg Mele fucks the whole thing up for everyone.

Passaic actually breaking red now at 60%?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Baddog posted:

Passaic actually breaking red now at 60%?

That's just those jerks over in Wanaque reporting. Nothing to worry about.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Apparently the State Senate leader is about to lose to a truck driver who spent $100 on his campaign.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Merlot Brougham posted:

That's just those jerks over in Wanaque reporting. Nothing to worry about.

Burlington is in now, sussex and salem are only red counties with good chunks of votes, and I think the 10% left in Essex is about equal to that population.

13% more in camden should more than outweigh the remaining odds and ends.

plus up to 600K remaining absentee? wasn't sure if that was on top of the % reporting numbers NYT is showing.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Baddog posted:

Burlington is in now, sussex and salem are only red counties with good chunks of votes, and I think the 10% left in Essex is about equal to that population.

13% more in camden should more than outweigh the remaining odds and ends.

plus up to 600K remaining absentee? wasn't sure if that was on top of the % reporting numbers NYT is showing.

Bergen's current numbers also figure in 0 mail-in ballots.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

78/22 market now lol

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

i say swears online posted:

78/22 market now lol

It'e been all over the place, but NYT showing Essex at 90% is clearly wrong, as everywher else has higher vote totals listed and is in still reporting 70%.

They're showing 90% with 152,000 votes cast, when there were more than that difference cast in 2017 and turnout is far higher across the board.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

78/22 market now lol

Sussex came in, thats all the red votes. 45K lead to eat with 18% of the vote still to count? I think its D.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Baddog posted:

Sussex came in, thats all the red votes. 45K lead to eat with 18% of the vote still to count? I think its D.

DDHQ has the highest reported raw vote total and now shows it within 2k votes with 36% of essex yet to report.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Merlot Brougham posted:

DDHQ has the highest reported raw vote total and now shows it within 2k votes with 36% of essex yet to report.

Huh the NYT numbers are just way behind and/or off huh. Maybe they all went home.

Looks good!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baddog posted:

Huh the NYT numbers are just way behind and/or off huh. Maybe they all went home.

Looks good!

They don't count the same counties in the same order. It can get real confusing going between the two, and DDHQ notably makes more mistakes in data input (but all sites do sometimes).

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Make sure to scoop up your Biden to be nominated in 2024 shares that are getting cheaper due to tonights disaster but will rebound in a few days for some quick money.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

unless he just dies

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Two big elections in a row, the January Georgia runoffs and yesterday's Virginia's governor's race, FiveThirtyEight's polling aggregate helped me win $$$ betting against people who bet on the huge swings that happen early in returns

Terry hosed me on the overall result, but I clawed back some cash with the vote margin markets

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

please let there be a recount

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

loving these $.10 spreads in the NJ market right now

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I sneaked back in on some Youngkin 1-2% at 9 cents after doing a few flips which might pay off. Otherwise it's a total wipe.

At least it was interesting.

I sincerely hope you held these.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Merlot Brougham posted:

I sincerely hope you held these.

:). Yeah, although I held them past the first big spike into the 80s and got to go through the crash. I went with my gut and just got now out like I should have before. Little gunshy after all these flips. Once my NO Younkin 3%+ settle I should go from a wipeout to a small profit which I'll be very happy with.

That's been one hell of a market.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The most important thing I've learned is not to be afraid to cut my losers. In a frothy near-resolution market like this, gently caress holding anything longer than a couple hours.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:siren: house republicans are having a press conference today at 2PM eastern to announce a bill federally legalizing weed, get in before the pop.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7363/Will-marijuana-be-rescheduled-under-the-Controlled-Substances-Act-by-April-20

http://mace.house.gov/sra

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepNancyMace/status/1459565180585656325

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Easy money on Abbott yes here: https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7566/Who-will-win-the-2022-Texas-gubernatorial-election

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

:siren: house republicans are having a press conference today at 2PM eastern to announce a bill federally legalizing weed, get in before the pop.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7363/Will-marijuana-be-rescheduled-under-the-Controlled-Substances-Act-by-April-20

Threw in :10bux: on this!

Baddog
May 12, 2001

20% in a year barely beats inflation now!

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
There's also Republican Nominee for Texas Governor

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

So my lesson from this was that it can be, ahem, challenging to escape from a bad trade when you bought 10x the average daily volume of the market

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yah it sucks when a market has no volume

riding swings in an outcome you dont think will happen is dangerous

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

shame on an IGA posted:

So my lesson from this was that it can be, ahem, challenging to escape from a bad trade when you bought 10x the average daily volume of the market

I have way too much money locked up in the market that will never end:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7119/How-many-Biden-Cabinet-members-will-Josh-Hawley-vote-against

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

MAGA Money getting in early

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip your money to inflation

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

rip your money to inflation
Yeah it's not worth putting new money in at this point but it's probably not worth withdrawing it and paying the fee either, and I have a lot of leftover MAGA money from last time Hillary refused to enter the race in late October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Waiting for the year to end on the filibuster market to free up some money that, for now looks like will be moving over to the French Election market.

The Josh Hawley fiasco will never end and I have money stuck there until it does.