Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Who the gently caress cares about combat the game is about who can make the most cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Who the gently caress cares about combat the game is about who can make the most cars

I think you mean building the greatest railroad network to ever exist. So many railroads that railroad interests are the primary political faction of the country and all the industries are solely to support the rails.

I guess that means my first game should be Russia. And I'll have to conquer a path through Europe/Africa to get the longest railroad possible.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Instead of Cape to Cairo it's Bordeaux to Vladivostok

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

DaysBefore posted:

Instead of Cape to Cairo it's Bordeaux to Vladivostok

:hmmyes:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lisbon to Vladivostok, to unite all eastern europeans

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Zeron posted:

I think you mean building the greatest railroad network to ever exist. So many railroads that railroad interests are the primary political faction of the country and all the industries are solely to support the rails.

I guess that means my first game should be Russia. And I'll have to conquer a path through Europe/Africa to get the longest railroad possible.

The endgame is constructing the train society from Snowpiercer, except (optionally) somewhat less lovely.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tokyo to Casablanca

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Beijing to San Francisco Ocean Rail Line.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

gibraltar to mumbai.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

fyi the upcoming HOI4 expansion is the trains one

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Hammerfest - Ulaanbaatar - Cape Town hell route

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Long Korea finally opens the Dakar-to-Busan route

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

trains aren't real

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pakled posted:

Long Korea finally opens the Dakar-to-Busan route
Train to Busan suddenly becomes a much longer movie.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

People are real mad about the lack of toy soldiers to move around the map now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Minenfeld! posted:

Good.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Minenfeld! posted:

All I want when I'm assigning troops/generals/equipment to fronts is to use a virtual croupier to push the relevant objects to that front, like I'm standing over a map in my war room.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Minenfeld! posted:

That's okay. To balance things out I will retroactively be real mad about all the years I've been pointlessly moving toy soldiers around a map.

Yes, I know how to check arrival dates and cut off the AI when they commit and all that stuff that never had anything to do with actual warfare, and I resent that I was made to learn all of that when I could have just... not.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Eiba posted:

That's okay. To balance things out I will retroactively be real mad about all the years I've been pointlessly moving toy soldiers around a map.

Yes, I know how to check arrival dates and cut off the AI when they commit and all that stuff that never had anything to do with actual warfare, and I resent that I was made to learn all of that when I could have just... not.

And god help you if you played one of the games before movement locking was a thing and you had to wait until the very day they arrived in a province they couldn’t get out of before you got in there.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

But think of the tactical options!

I say this as I smash my toy soldiers into each other *pew* *pew*

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
As a compromise, there will be no graphically represented soldiers, but each individual train will be depicted in lovingly rendered detail, based upon volumes of historical research (only :10bux: per National Train Pack)

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Quorum posted:

As a compromise, there will be no graphically represented soldiers, but each individual train will be depicted in lovingly rendered detail, based upon volumes of historical research (only :10bux: per National Train Pack)

Don't tempt them, I would probably actually buy that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Quorum posted:

Wow that’s so much cheaper than the train sims! Thanks Wiz!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Quorum posted:

Additionally each type of train comes with a unique sound effect that plays whenever you build a new railroad.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

When you nationalize the railroads the Soviet national anthem plays for each arrival and departure of any train in your country.

And yes you better believe the anthems stack on top of each other.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Trains will be represented by populations of trains (PoTs) and modelled according to size, fuel type, hauling capacity, dietary preference, and ideology. The game will run at .001 ticks per second as every train's movement is modelled in real time. A year in game will take 6 months at max speed.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

Trains will be represented by populations of trains (PoTs) and modelled according to size, fuel type, hauling capacity, dietary preference, and ideology. The game will run at .001 ticks per second as every train's movement is modelled in real time. A year in game will take 6 months at max speed.

worth

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://store.steampowered.com/app/588030/Derail_Valley/ but geopolitics are modeled

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Eiba posted:

This. And to be honest I hope this pans out to the point it gets adapted in some form for all future Pdox games.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Eiba posted:

yeah military in Paradox games has almost always been pointless busywork with objectively correct decisions

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

:sickos:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also, no multithreading.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

I just want a train conductor uniform designer

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chadbear posted:

I just want a train conductor uniform designer

The DLC will add seven different train conductor uniform factories, with event narration by Ringo Starr.

EDIT:
VVVVVVV

I want to get off Mr. Wiz's wild ride.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 15, 2021

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I hope trains will have the equivalent to Roller Coaster Tycoon's guest thoughts, so you can click on one and find out if you need to work on the scenery, improve coal quality, or add more loop-de-loops.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Berlin To Moscow In Six Weeks looks too intense for me!

e: sorry I thought I was in the HoI4 thread, that has trains too

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I kinda worry about what this means for MP, I like the system in HOI4 for like, ease of use while
also offering cool decisions in strategic maneuvering.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Your MP is just the total amount of soldier (servicemen now?) pops you have, no?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
NATO icons for trains