Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Yeah, sorry replace that with US.

Also, the US is panicking about nukes because the PRC is building a bunch of new ballistic missile subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/hyunsuinseoul/status/1460201934309052417

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Throatwarbler posted:

There's also this weird thing where They think Vietnam somehow becomes a third rate backwater after 1976, instead of what it actually was, which was a major regional power with a formidable Soviet backed army that went right into wars of foreign expansion, just as the US had predicted.
i'm kind of a dummy but i never learned how big vietnam actually is. the length of the country north-to-south is like the west coast of the united states. it's just skinny and runs up against the highlands pretty quickly. but there's 90 100 million people who live there which is bigger than germany

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/arirangtvnews/status/1460092489231388673

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1460314086449860609?s=20

Bad boys :allears:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1wt3-zpzQ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
beaten but i was also thinking tarantino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKiC2suCHQ

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It’s by Applebaum, it was probably submitted in crayon.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1458735822941786114

lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamYang120/status/1460061454682378246

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Why is this dude driving through Atlanta suburbs?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"outsmarting the West" is particularly easy these days

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol the d&d thread has become amazingly stupid

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's a fun thread!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that forum is absolutely useless as a source of any real or useful information or insight when it comes to american domestic politics or foreign policy, the only threads worth reading are the country/regional megathreads (for countries not currently a hostile target of the USA)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Watcha gonna do?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

someone do an edit with biden, trump, obama, bush, clinton

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's a fun thread!

thank you for thy anabasis afore forumsban

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

lollontee posted:

thank you for thy anabasis afore forumsban

Inshallah.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:pray:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mantis42 posted:

This is just prologue to the epic Luna Oi v Carl Zha Twitter feud of 2022.

Luna Soi

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Sorry.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i want to give the settler colonist moron a swirlie so bad

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

BRB going to China to tape random buildings and free associate various confabulations about them.

Get my Pulitzer ready

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i want to give the settler colonist moron a swirlie so bad

It's a stupid argument largely because china was more or less unified through the period that we would typically associate with settler colonialism

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

I feel like myanmar has to have some kind of record for most consecutive years of having provinces in open revolt without collapsing entirely

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm kind of a dummy but i never learned how big vietnam actually is. the length of the country north-to-south is like the west coast of the united states. it's just skinny and runs up against the highlands pretty quickly. but there's 90 100 million people who live there which is bigger than germany

south east asia has the same population as europe. they have to live somewhere. Thailand is 70 mil and Indonesia is the 4th most populated country, almost the same size as the USA.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

I guess the good guys who are losing are, Trump, Boris, Duterte and...Brazilian Trump.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nobody would recognize it but they should have used his young hot version for this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It is the best thread in d&d.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The alarming amount of cognitive dissonance among the self proclaimed USA, European, or Australian posters in regards to China is pretty good. I like it.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

It's a stupid argument largely because china was more or less unified through the period that we would typically associate with settler colonialism

The settler colonialist argument against Taiwanese reunification is completely stupid, because neither side is going to give land back to the Indigenous Taiwanese anyway. It's either Taiwan as a US colony or a Chinese region, there's no realistic third option.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Not So Fast posted:

The settler colonialist argument against Taiwanese reunification is completely stupid, because neither side is going to give land back to the Indigenous Taiwanese anyway. It's either Taiwan as a US colony or a Chinese region, there's no realistic third option.

Give it to the Vietnamese so it can rightfully become North Vietnam.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

The Formosa Heavenly Kingdom will rise and it shall be glorious

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Blarghalt posted:

everyone gets one bad take

I firmly believe the bilateral affairs of China and Vietnam are none of my business. Although doing a bit of referring to China as Northern Vietnam would be very funny.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Due to an incredibly complex series of legal contrivances, the true mandate of heaven technically belongs to finland

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blarghalt posted:

Due to an incredibly complex series of legal contrivances, the true mandate of heaven technically belongs to finland
only one country separates finland from the DPRK

think about it

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

the world isn't ready for the second hyperwar

not yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Blarghalt posted:

What do you think the Finno-Korean Hyperwar was fought over?