Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Will conservatives ever stop talking about Bengwazi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
thoosies is the worst name for anything ever by a wide margin.

That said, who doesn't love Defunctland or Marcel Vos videos?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVgoy_a_gWI

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Post more roller coaster memes, the worse the better.

Wait, hold on now. The DD coaster still is there, just styled in Harry Potter nonsense, right? Right?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
For y'all roller coaster afficionados that missed the last 15 years of internet, Mr Bones' Wild Ride
https://imgur.com/gallery/Wxzbl

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
, or "fec", for short.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Warbird posted:

Wait, hold on now. The DD coaster still is there, just styled in Harry Potter nonsense, right? Right?

I have bad news for you.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Are there like Certified Coaster Operators, like with forklifts...and do they lord over everyone else about it?

Hello. Yes I was a Professional Seatbelt Checker for 5 years. AMA.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Zero One posted:

Hello. Yes I was a Professional Seatbelt Checker for 5 years. AMA.

How often did you have to kick someone off the ride for being too small or too big? And which happened more?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I have bad news for you.

Oh man I rode that back in 2011 before we handed Sparty their own asses. Don’t tell me I got in right before it died.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zil posted:

How often did you have to kick someone off the ride for being too small or too big? And which happened more?

Usually several times a day. Most of the big rides had a person at the entrance with a height stick and test seat. The height check was mandatory so little kids rarely made it into the line. But suggesting someone try the test seat was oftentimes taking your life into your own hands.

Additionally because the test seat was used all the time at max size the seat and belt were stretched so sometimes people would fit the test seat and not fit the actual ride.

We didn't have belt extenders but ops usually knew which seats had become more forgiving and if someone was close we might suggest they change seats.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Warbird posted:

Oh man I rode that back in 2011 before we handed Sparty their own asses. Don’t tell me I got in right before it died.

Looks like in 2011 they stopped the dueling aspect of the ride since stuff would fall from one car and hit people in the other car. Someone even lost an eye. In 2017 the whole thing was scrapped.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The schlitterbahn guys made a waterslide that was so dangerous it decapitated the 10 year old son of a Kansas state representative.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Back in 2014 I went to a trade show that had their networking event in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Us engineers just went and rode the dragons for two hours straight, no lineups. Only stopped because our one coworker needed to go throw up :v:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I used to work at Universal Studios, both in the park and later as an engineer in the equivalent of imagineering. These memes don't even scratch the surface of the theme park obsessives I've run into; in the industry they are referred to as "foamers"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

zoux posted:

The schlitterbahn guys made a waterslide that was so dangerous it decapitated the 10 year old son of a Kansas state representative.

Aren't rollercoasters the safest means of transportation by person-kilometer though?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Roller coasters are obsessively modelled out to the minutest tolerances before a single strut is placed

The schlitterbahn guys didn't even do any math

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you'd think the people who professionally make roller coasters would be competent, but there's a whole genre of YouTube videos to show that they are not. it's all cost cutting contracted work all the way down

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Zanael posted:

For y'all roller coaster afficionados that missed the last 15 years of internet, Mr Bones' Wild Ride
https://imgur.com/gallery/Wxzbl

Reposting the actual image here because for some dumb reason the "open in app" button just opens the Imgur app to the home page, and not to the album itself, so this is the easiest way for me to actually view the high quality (readable) image on my phone.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Super Waffle posted:

I used to work at Universal Studios, both in the park and later as an engineer in the equivalent of imagineering. These memes don't even scratch the surface of the theme park obsessives I've run into; in the industry they are referred to as "foamers"

Isnt that what people who work on trains call people who look at trains

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

pseudorandom posted:

Reposting the actual image here because for some dumb reason the "open in app" button just opens the Imgur app to the home page, and not to the album itself, so this is the easiest way for me to actually view the high quality (readable) image on my phone.

70 minute ride time is nothing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QotjNlDr0WU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

zoux posted:

The funny thing is, they wanted to originally build it in the Texas park but it was decided as being too dangerous for Texans.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This guy is great if you're nodding off

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

zoux posted:

Thread

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/1201748314775072768

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently they were filming for a travel channel show about extreme water parks so there is hours of footage of the designers and builders basically saying " yeah so we built a murder chute". Here is a video showing what went wrong.

https://youtu.be/ulIcekOTOqg
There's no footage of the actual accident, but the news shows the aftermath. Apparently the decapitated kid's little brother was in the ride with him and had to ride down with his corpse.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Apparently they were filming for a travel channel show about extreme water parks so there is hours of footage of the designers and builders basically saying " yeah so we built a murder chute". Here is a video showing what went wrong.

https://youtu.be/ulIcekOTOqg
There's no footage of the actual accident, but the news shows the aftermath. Apparently the decapitated kid's little brother was in the ride with him and had to ride down with his corpse.

The designers got away with all charges dismissed because the only evidence that prosecutors had was this TV show. They went to trial with it and the defense had the Discovery channel testify it was all faked to make an entertaining TV show.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I read this and I was like "isn't this the post with the Superman Thin Blue Line coffin?" and yeah, as op says at the bottom, they basically posted it all backwards.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Mr. Bones' Wild Ride....now in 3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErKNKVE1rU

This one takes 10 hours realtime. The video has the game speed up so it only takes 2.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This thread became a rollercoaster of bad memes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Spicy.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Warbird posted:

“Ten Year (Dragon) Challenge”

“Dueling Dragons nanocoaster”

“Epic recreation of Dragon Challenge”

“I decided to make a custom K'nex replica of Dueling Dragons during Quarantine. How did I do? ”

“I love Dragon Challenge!”

“I FOUND DRAGON CHALLENGE!”

“In case you were wondering, this is what the 3rd train for [Dueling Dragons] looks like.”

“Dueling Dragons / Dragons Challenge aerial view”

“just to show you how big dueling dragons plot of land was. they could have fit so much more wtf universal😡”

This is what I meant about roller coaster memes being awful. There are so many repeats of the same joke.

Now for some unrelated duelling memes.

“Ride op had to keep pushing the restraint down and it slowed ops down enough that we missed a duel”

“For once The Smiler was actually duelling!”

“I love it when the smiler duels. It makes it look like the vehicles are about to crash into each other but obviously that would never happen. Lol”

It crashed in 2015 because of operator error and amputated some legs.

“Look out smiler there's another car on the track oh God oh gently caress it has airpods in it can't hear us.”

‘This is what AI generated when I prompted "the smiler"’

(Nemesis, like the Smiler, is at Alton Towers. They are among the UK’s best roller coasters. This is not saying much.)

(Infusion is yet another Vekoma SLC of the sort the the U.S. has dozens of and hates.)

“Corkscrew and Valravn don’t get enough love in this sub 😍😍 (uncommon view)”

“Uncommon view of Top Thrill Dragster”

“Uncommon angle of Son of Beast [Kings Island]”

“From certain angles, Twisted Collosus spells Ohio.”

“uncommon view of Denver international airport”

“Uncommon view of Volcano”

“An uncommon view of Copperhead Strike”

“Uncommon view of Silver Bullet [Knott’s Berry Farm]”

“Uncommon Angle of [Electric Eel, SWSD]”

“Uncommon angle of [Big Apple Coaster, NYNY] running with its new train!”

“Uncommon angle of [mako] at [SeaWorld Orlando]”

I didn’t even scratch the surface of uncommon views. This horse is beaten more thoroughly than Dragon Challenge.

“CAT Excavator spotted on steel Vengeance grounds. Mean streak coming back???”

“It was my first time at cedar point yesterday. Steel Vengeance was crazy guys!”

(“Steel Vengeance” gets shortened to “Steve”. It had an incident where two trains bumped each other. No amputations.)

“SteVe At Cheddar Point Is My New Overall #1”

(The real Steve is at Cedar Point, Ohio. This thing is at Valleyfair in Minnesota.)

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
It has sure taken a lot of repetition of things that make no sense individually, but I think the painting collectively reads "Don't ever ride a roller coaster ever again". Did I get it right?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Platystemon posted:

“Ten Year (Dragon) Challenge”

“Dueling Dragons nanocoaster”

“Epic recreation of Dragon Challenge”

“I decided to make a custom K'nex replica of Dueling Dragons during Quarantine. How did I do? ”

“I love Dragon Challenge!”

“I FOUND DRAGON CHALLENGE!”

“In case you were wondering, this is what the 3rd train for [Dueling Dragons] looks like.”

“Dueling Dragons / Dragons Challenge aerial view”

“just to show you how big dueling dragons plot of land was. they could have fit so much more wtf universal😡”

This is what I meant about roller coaster memes being awful. There are so many repeats of the same joke.

Now for some unrelated duelling memes.

“Ride op had to keep pushing the restraint down and it slowed ops down enough that we missed a duel”

“For once The Smiler was actually duelling!”

“I love it when the smiler duels. It makes it look like the vehicles are about to crash into each other but obviously that would never happen. Lol”

It crashed in 2015 because of operator error and amputated some legs.

“Look out smiler there's another car on the track oh God oh gently caress it has airpods in it can't hear us.”

‘This is what AI generated when I prompted "the smiler"’

(Nemesis, like the Smiler, is at Alton Towers. They are among the UK’s best roller coasters. This is not saying much.)

(Infusion is yet another Vekoma SLC of the sort the the U.S. has dozens of and hates.)

“Corkscrew and Valravn don’t get enough love in this sub 😍😍 (uncommon view)”

“Uncommon view of Top Thrill Dragster”

“Uncommon angle of Son of Beast [Kings Island]”

“From certain angles, Twisted Collosus spells Ohio.”

“uncommon view of Denver international airport”

“Uncommon view of Volcano”

“An uncommon view of Copperhead Strike”

“Uncommon view of Silver Bullet [Knott’s Berry Farm]”

“Uncommon Angle of [Electric Eel, SWSD]”

“Uncommon angle of [Big Apple Coaster, NYNY] running with its new train!”

“Uncommon angle of [mako] at [SeaWorld Orlando]”

I didn’t even scratch the surface of uncommon views. This horse is beaten more thoroughly than Dragon Challenge.

“CAT Excavator spotted on steel Vengeance grounds. Mean streak coming back???”

“It was my first time at cedar point yesterday. Steel Vengeance was crazy guys!”

(“Steel Vengeance” gets shortened to “Steve”. It had an incident where two trains bumped each other. No amputations.)

“SteVe At Cheddar Point Is My New Overall #1”

(The real Steve is at Cedar Point, Ohio. This thing is at Valleyfair in Minnesota.)

Ok I have to ask, are you a thoosie yourself or are you having to google all these in order to translate them for us?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

We found my brother’s cancer because he rode an inverted coaster and his tibia snapped in half where the tumor was eating away at it. Not wanting to complain, he finished his day at six flags and didn’t get it checked out until he got home a couple days later

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bike tory posted:

Ok I have to ask, are you a thoosie yourself or are you having to google all these in order to translate them for us?

I have to Google everything that’s not clear from the context of other jokes. It was clear what “Steve” was, not clear that “Steel Venom” was at some park in Minnesota.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"My Coast," Young Thoosie ft. Vommie Commie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

bike tory posted:

Who cares, they’re amazing. More hyper insular interest group memes please and thank you.