Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

And this

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1460291568397651969

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

You beat me to it, just like the UCP association beat Kenney to setting the ground rules to the AGM. Oh sure, Kenney can try to say that only he can bring new resolutions forward (such as a leadership review) but if he tries to deny this and prevent a vote he'll face an open revolt.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/braid-kenney-has-control-of-convention-as-pressure-builds-for-early-leadership-review

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Just to confirm here, it's not the "moderate" cons forcing these reviews at either level right? It's the wannabe-Trumpists who think the cons haven't gone too crazy enough?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pleads posted:

Just to confirm here, it's not the "moderate" cons forcing these reviews at either level right? It's the wannabe-Trumpists who think the cons haven't gone too crazy enough?

I will assume these are all ideological purges that will be spectacularly cannibalistic as they try and eliminate their enemies within.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

:bisonyes:

DEVOUR YOURSELVES AS SATURN DEVOURED HIS SON! LET THE INFIGHTING AND SPLINTERING COMMENCE!

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 7, 2023

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Pleads posted:

Just ask yourself what they mean by "core policies"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pleads posted:

Federally at least, if the people pushing to oust the party leaders after every failed election ever got the leader they want they'd ensure the party never got more than 20% of the vote again.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Careful, they might figure out the Australia strategy of bumping off your unpopular conservative leader a few months before an election, then rinse and repeat every election when the lovely policies get tied to the leader.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Not satisfied with trying to burn us all to death, Mother Nature is now cutting off Vancouver by destroying every highway in and out. Parts of #5 are straight up gone outside Hope, and mudslides trapped a multitude of people in their cars overnight.

https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1460326660880932867?s=21
https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1460263272154808321?s=21

You may ask yourself “surely the government will realize this is a disaster and will do things like organize services and use the emergency alert system to tell people what’s going on” and you would be absolutely incorrect the answer is “gently caress you, municipal responsibility”:
https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1460297344407064579?s=21

BC: Hey some seriously hosed upped weather is happening, please advise?
The Horgan Government: “Then perish.”

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Stay safe BC goons :ohdear:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
First the firestorms, now the floods. IDK what the BC interior did, but god is pissed.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

ChickenDoodle posted:

Not satisfied with trying to burn us all to death, Mother Nature is now cutting off Vancouver by destroying every highway in and out. Parts of #5 are straight up gone outside Hope, and mudslides trapped a multitude of people in their cars overnight.

https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1460326660880932867?s=21
https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1460263272154808321?s=21

You may ask yourself “surely the government will realize this is a disaster and will do things like organize services and use the emergency alert system to tell people what’s going on” and you would be absolutely incorrect the answer is “gently caress you, municipal responsibility”:

The Merrit pictures are frightening and I hope everyone out there is alright. However, there were warnings for the past 2-3 days asking people not to do any long traveling on the news, newspapers, radio and messaging feeds. Any trip that I make out of the lower mainland I'm going to be checking on weather, road conditions, etc...

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

infernal machines posted:

First the firestorms, now the floods. IDK what the BC interior did, but god is pissed.

can't wait for what's in store for Alberta, what will going back to open-pit mining in the mountains bring us?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Also can’t go south further than Bellingham because they’re having their own flood party on the I5 sooo enjoy that west coast life cause you’re loving stuck here!

And then comes The Big One

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

JosefStalinator posted:

Careful, they might figure out the Australia strategy of bumping off your unpopular conservative leader a few months before an election, then rinse and repeat every election when the lovely policies get tied to the leader.

Yeah that's very much the idea here, in addition to getting rid of the guy they're personally sick of.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

ChickenDoodle posted:

Um, isn't responding to an emergency basically the easiest way to pick up political brownie points? WTF is the purpose behind a response like that?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Horgan just doesn't care. People die in a heatwave? Eh, its normal for people to die. People die in a flood? Eh, that's normal too. What's the fuss, people die in disasters.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Yeah, I think people outside of BC don't understand how bad this government is because it's nominally "left wing". They actively hate us and hope we die. From COVID to the housing crisis to climate change to indigenous relations, they straight up don't give a gently caress.

It might actually be the worst government in Canada. It's definitely a close race with Alberta.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Franks Happy Place posted:

Yeah, I think people outside of BC don't understand how bad this government is because it's nominally "left wing". They actively hate us and hope we die. From COVID to the housing crisis to climate change to indigenous relations, they straight up don't give a gently caress.

It might actually be the worst government in Canada. It's definitely a close race with Alberta.

Looks at Saskatchewan. Looks at Alberta. Looks at Manitoba. Yes, BC is is very close to be on the same level as those fuckwits.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Madkal posted:

Looks at Saskatchewan. Looks at Alberta. Looks at Manitoba. Yes, BC is is very close to be on the same level as those fuckwits.

The difference is that you could expect Wab Kinew or whomever to be slightly less rear end. Notley was better than Kenney, right?

We elected our Wab Notley party and they turned into Doug Ford on steroids. There's nobody to save us. If these chucklefucks lose, it will be to a MORE right wing party.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Don't get me wrong our provincial government is pretty arrogant and full of hubris, but saying we're the worst is hyperbole. The prairies and Ontario have been an absolute poo poo show and truly don't give a gently caress.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Manitobans are wondering if your government declared Covid defeated in the summer of 2020, then shipped people to other provinces after closing ICUs and emergency wards to save money when numbers skyrocketed, then had the minister of health hide in her office to avoid the media before taking a mysterious leave of absence during the largest health crisis in our lifetimes, and then the premier got mad because indigenous protesters didn't understand that colonization is actually pretty cool (?!?) and had to leave and then the interim premier was the guy who was a speaker at online forums with Ted Cruz, Betsy Devos, and literal Nazis. Then the party in charge looked for their best and brightest and had to decide between that health minister who hid and a cop who is such an rear end in a top hat that other cops thinks she takes things too far and then that health minister became premier but the cop is now doing a Trump cargo cult "stop the steal" showboat trial.

I'm thinking it's at least a three-way race? We're also currently the Canadian covid hotspot and that health minister premier is currently (checks notes) oh yeah she's hiding again, but don't worry because now the new minister of health is instituting stringent guidelines for far right born again churches which she happens to be a member of so I'm sure she's going to take them to task.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Well at the moment BC is literally cut off from the rest of North America by land for the foreseeable future, so I guess our theoretical status in the Canadian poo poo tier pecking order is purely hypothetical at this point.

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to Costco to stock up on supplies before the crunch for food really bites.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

There's a giant barge loose in the harbour that might slam into the Burrard bridge any minute now and multiple water treatment plants have failed. No official word about either situation from our government. People are learning about it from social media.

This feels like a vision from 20 years in the future and I loving don't like it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Instead it's 20 minutes into the future and Max Headroom was a documentary

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Well at the moment BC is literally cut off from the rest of North America by land for the foreseeable future, so I guess our theoretical status in the Canadian poo poo tier pecking order is purely hypothetical at this point.

Yeah, the hypothetical poo poo tier doesn't really matter. Stay safe.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to Costco to stock up on supplies before the crunch for food really bites.

Well it's more like the rest of Canada is cut off from Vancouver by land right? All the stuff comes in that way.

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Well it's more like the rest of Canada is cut off from Vancouver by land right? All the stuff comes in that way.

Couldn’t they come in from Prince Rupert?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Every valley and pass in the province is hosed, there's basically no road between two towns that's not at LEAST several weeks from being usable.

Vancouver will be "fine" in the sense that we will still get toilet paper or whatever by boat, but like 90% of the food we eat comes up the I-5 or down the Coquihalla, so... not great.

And if you live out past Hope or north of Penticton, you're just super hosed.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Metro Vancouver has its own toilet paper factory :)

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Femtosecond posted:

Metro Vancouver has its own toilet paper factory :)

Guess where the wood pulp comes from?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

This is some little Toronto syndrome thinking. You are not the center of the universe. The Vancouver area is not the province of British Columbia. Your small area might be cut off, not the whole province. Good idea to stock up though. And I agree we have a garbage gov.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Guess where the wood pulp comes from?

loving Crofton or Nanaimo probably.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

edit: whatever not worth it, stay dry you lovely fellow

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 16, 2021

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
CanPol 2021 - At least a 3-way race for shittiest Provincial Gov't

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

There's a giant barge loose in the harbour that might slam into the Burrard bridge any minute now and multiple water treatment plants have failed. No official word about either situation from our government. People are learning about it from social media.

I did just get this video (yeah I follow Justin so what) which is peak Vancouver so at least I got a tiny laugh as we loving sink into the ocean

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1460384212121313286?s=21

PS there’s still no response from the provincial government despite Merritt being totally evacuated, Princeton being under water, and people being rescued by helicopter from a highway not even in the big drat mountains. Oh and one major route from the border to YVR is completely under water too so there’s that.

Baronjutter posted:

Horgan just doesn't care. People die in a heatwave? Eh, its normal for people to die. People die in a flood? Eh, that's normal too. What's the fuss, people die in disasters.

Yep, same guy who when hundreds died during 40+C heat said it was a “fact of life”, and before that blamed rising COVID levels on my age group (the one with the least amount of exposure…)

We are so utterly hosed.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

edit: whatever not worth it, stay dry you lovely fellow
You know what?
Thank you for redacting whatever that was, and I'm sorry for being hostile. I dropped a lovely hot-take that was unprovoked.
I lurk here all the time, and usually don't post because I catch myself before I make a fool of myself.
Today is an off day, and one slipped through.
I should have recognised the stress and frustration that was obviously being expressed in your post.
I was unkind, and would like to apologise .

Silver lining being, there are good paying jobs available right now in the various marine industries.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

B33rChiller posted:

Silver lining being, there are good paying jobs available right now in the various marine industries.

At least one spot is open in barge driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

B33rChiller posted:

You know what?
Thank you for redacting whatever that was, and I'm sorry for being hostile. I dropped a lovely hot-take that was unprovoked.
I lurk here all the time, and usually don't post because I catch myself before I make a fool of myself.
Today is an off day, and one slipped through.
I should have recognised the stress and frustration that was obviously being expressed in your post.
I was unkind, and would like to apologise .

Yeah basically same. :hfive: