Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I know you Americans are sick of hearing it, but listening to the newest Figure Four with Bryan and Lance and Jesus loving Christ you guys pay criminal amounts of money for healthcare :stare:

"No, you see, it's completely legal, and therefore charging that money is ok, by the transitive property of 'legal' being the same as being 'moral'." Vince McMahon, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

I know you Americans are sick of hearing it, but listening to the newest Figure Four with Bryan and Lance and Jesus loving Christ you guys pay criminal amounts of money for healthcare :stare:

German tv is running “for .10 euros a day you can feed a starving American child” ads

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, but have you seen how much freedom we have? :smithicide:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm reminded of a video I saw back during some British Election where they wanted to abolish the NHS or something where some dude went around asking people how much medical procedures cost in America, and people were multiple decimal places too low in some cases. And they still guessed what they thought was way too high.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

post a picture of your local supermarkets cereal aisle. you won't, because you'd be embarrassed

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know how much I pay for insurance but it's still probably cheaper for me to take a flight to another country and pay for an operation than it would be to pay a year's worth of insurance. I haven't even been sick in over a decade so I've only ever been to eye exams, teeth cleanings, and regular checkups. Hell, even my wisdom teeth came in totally fine and aren't a problem so I've probably paid thousands of dollars just in *case* I get sick in the last 10+ years

Dental and eye care are also separate in most insurance if offered at all and lots more expensive

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Raskolnikov38 posted:

German tv is running “for .10 euros a day you can feed a starving American child” ads

I don't even know if you're joking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm sure the food banks would appreciate the currency domestic or international

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I got a letter from my healthcare provider that they actually weren't going to cover the knee surgery I had gotten two months before because technically, I could still walk. (Then they sent another letter saying nevermind, your orthopedist changed our minds.)

So think of it this way: While it may be true that American healthcare is prohibitively expensive, at least it's also terrible about customer service and incredibly inefficient!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

1glitch0 posted:

I don't even know if you're joking.

https://www.tiktok.com/@teresamorcho/video/7027650302811704581?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id7030091921582343685

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is not about wrestling podcasts

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Haha that's incredible!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Super No Vacancy posted:

not having good healthcare is relevant to both wrestlers and podcasters.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

failed state :911:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I had surgery a few years ago and was under the impression that the insurance company would cover it. Fast forward a month and I got a bill in the mail for sixty grand. I was lucky I was able to straighten it out in only two phone calls, otherwise I’d be in deep, deep poo poo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's so easy to get most Americans to vote against their own self interests by just hinting that someone else is taking advantage of it.

"Free healthcare? Well, somewhere, someone who isn't sick is going to the doctor, and YOU'RE PAYING FOR IT."

*Americans race to the polls to vote NO on Universal Healthcare*

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Stop loving posting about American healthcare in the Wrestling Podcasts thread.

Super No Vacancy posted:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan Alvarez behind Baron von Raschke at Full Gear Confirmed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

karmicknight posted:

Stop loving posting about American healthcare in the Wrestling Podcasts thread.

Stop having a poo poo health care system that people are terrified by tbh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm listening to the Sunday WOL and Ryan (from Cumberland, Maryland) finally got to call back into the show, and the listeners can't hear him talk only the hosts :lol:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

I'm listening to the Sunday WOL and Ryan (from Cumberland, Maryland) finally got to call back into the show, and the listeners can't hear him talk only the hosts :lol:

The Zarian WOLs are so much more poorly produced than all the others.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

mooseinfants posted:

The Zarian WOLs are so much more poorly produced than all the others.

I still can't get over his Influencer Voice, but I will admit he's very good at keeping the energy going throughout the show. Bryan has a habit of hyperfocusing and killing the momentum.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

these new Sunday WOL guys suck, wtf!!!

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

these new Sunday WOL guys suck, wtf!!!

I miss the Jim Valley WOLs. :sigh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bladeworksmaster posted:

I miss the Jim Valley WOLs. :sigh:

the king is resting up to take back his crown

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Zarian is just a typical podcast guy but with connections in wrestling. His Mat Men cohost is way worse. Bryan has a much more fun personality.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know this is a weird complaint but I like the live radio feel of the normal WOLs and the new Sunday guys feel way more like they’re hosting a rambly podcast. The way it’s… directed??? doesn’t sound like live radio

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
why listen to WOL when you cant hear bryan bitch in funny ways

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

why listen to WOL when you cant hear bryan bitch in funny ways

Very true. I’m probably gonna skip the Sunday ones from now on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: .....so there's a shoot orca....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RING. DINGER.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
i should get rebates in months with a donation co-host

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hah... if only

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arbite posted:

Hah... if only

Thought the same thing.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
vinny complaining about the number of apron spots at full gear and i'm just thinking bro, it's part of the ring.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

vinny complaining about the number of apron spots at full gear and i'm just thinking bro, it's part of the ring.

The hardest part, I'm told

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gaz-L posted:

The hardest part, I'm told

You're thinking of the ring posts

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You're thinking of the ring posts

Ah yes, the square ones with sharp corners, as Jericho pointed out the other week

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Getting back into wrestling (sort of) and I liked a lot of the Bryan & Vinny & Craig and Bryan & (bearded guy who is in some sort of control room?) segments I found on youtube.

I shouldn't expect to find much free content on their site yea? Eps from the 00s and 10s are usually subscriber-only right?

Has Meltzer always taken 20 minutes to express 1 minute of concrete thought/analysis?

And what happened to other folks from F4W and WO, like Wade Keller? I used to print out (lol) his write-ups of Raw/Nitro/etc and read them on the bus wayyy back around 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wade keller is at the wrestling torch now