Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Is xxxHOLiC worth watching? The premise seems kind of similar to Natsume's Book of Friends but the character design and the name give off a bad horny vibe.

I remember liking it a lot. It has a nice mellow supernatural feeling to it.

It also wasn’t really horny at all, iirc. The name is somewhat infamously misleading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's one of the least horny series I can think of unless you really like noodle people I guess.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

AnoHito posted:

I remember liking it a lot. It has a nice mellow supernatural feeling to it.

It also wasn’t really horny at all, iirc. The name is somewhat infamously misleading.

Glad to hear it, sounds like it's exactly what I am looking for to follow up Natsume.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's one of the least horny series I can think of unless you really like noodle people I guess.

It was mainly the big boobs cleavage lady they put front and center that had me concerned tbh:

sUwUcide bomber
Jan 30, 2020

Is xxxHOLiC worth watching? The premise seems kind of similar to Natsume's Book of Friends but the character design and the name give off a bad horny vibe.

One of my favorites of all time. The wonders and occasional horrors of magic are well delivered. Nothing overly creepy/weird in it, the name is tragically misleading.

Also the op 19Sai is fire.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

xxxHolic is a solid monster of the week show although with some very occasional ongoing plots.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The xxx just means a placeholder, so it stands for things like alcoholic or workaholic. It is like Natsume but the content leans more heavily on the spooky episodic stories rather than the heartwarming (though there is some of that there too).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The basic premise is it's a shop that grants Wishes.

And you should be very careful what you wish for, as you just might get it...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glad to hear it, sounds like it's exactly what I am looking for to follow up Natsume.

It was mainly the big boobs cleavage lady they put front and center that had me concerned tbh:

CLAMP are a bunch of women and their manga are primarily aimed at women, outside of like, chobits. the big booby cleavage lady is aspirational.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even chobits is kinda aimed at women tbh

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Endorph posted:

CLAMP are a bunch of women and their manga are primarily aimed at women, outside of like, chobits. the big booby cleavage lady is aspirational.

Women can enjoy drawing tits too.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Anime Recommendation Thread Third Impact - the big booby cleavage lady is aspirational

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Big boobie cleavage ladies are aspirational for men too, just in a different way :colbert:

Jaxic
Aug 26, 2020

Looking for some new content to watch.

Seem most the mainstream things,

Naruto, Bleach (till they gave up on it), DBZ (most but not all), Berserk, Random Netflix ones.

Recently: Slime, arcane, Sword art online (down hill after the first season IMO).

Not everything I have seem but the ones that come to mind and were enjoyable.

Used to have some friends that were always on top of good new stuff but they are doing their own thing now.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jaxic posted:

Naruto, Bleach (till they gave up on it), DBZ (most but not all), Berserk, Random Netflix ones.

Recently: Slime, arcane, Sword art online (down hill after the first season IMO).

Used to have some friends that were always on top of good new stuff but they are doing their own thing now.

If you want something fast and recent, there's Odd Taxi. It's about a walrus looking guy. He drives a taxi. The yakuza, the idol industry, a gacha game addict, crooked police, and a couple of standup comics get involved.

It's real good.

For SAO, if you haven't seen Alternative: Gun Gale Online, it might be fun. Different cast, lighter plot, lots of crazy people.

Really, there's a world of options. Any genre you're interested in to narrow things down? (Like, for giant robots, I recommend Gundam IBO or the UC if you want something longer, and Gridman and Dynazenon if you want something shorter.)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Gonna say go out of your comfort zone and try new things besides action Shonen. Sports, Drama, Comedy, thrillers, Slice of Life, etc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jaxic posted:

Anything you're looking for specifically? In terms of shonen stuff, Hunter x Hunter is on netflix and good, Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer are the big popular stuff, Demon Slayer has really high production values. if you liked Slime and the first season of SAO, you could check out other 'guy gets transported to another world/into a game' stuff. Re:Zero is popular and pretty good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jaxic posted:

Could use more direction on what you're looking for, but if you're in the mood for shounen action stuff and haven't seen it yet, Mob Psycho 100 is top-tier poo poo.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Jaxic posted:

how do you feel about one punch man?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Check out Mob Psycho 100, Ping Pong and Haikyuu

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jaxic posted:

I suggest taking a detour out of the shonen zone and checking out Tatami Galaxy

Jaxic
Aug 26, 2020

Thank guys, dropped some suggestions in a text file and will make my way through them.

Odd Taxi
Gundam IBO
Gridman
Dynazenon
Re:Zero
Mob Psycho 100
Ping Pong
Haikyuu
Tatami Galaxy

Suppose I like good char development, action and some anime titties don't hurt either lol.

Think some of the suggestions above will take me out of the rut I have found myself.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jaxic posted:

Thank guys, dropped some suggestions in a text file and will make my way through them.

Odd Taxi
Gundam IBO
Gridman
Dynazenon
Re:Zero
Mob Psycho 100
Ping Pong
Haikyuu
Tatami Galaxy

Suppose I like good char development, action and some anime titties don't hurt either lol.

Think some of the suggestions above will take me out of the rut I have found myself.

This is a solid list and you're sure to love at least a few of these.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
It's still airing but Eighty Six is really good if you don't mind the fact that it is constantly setting up mortal kombat fatalities on your feelings.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jaxic posted:

Konosuba

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Anime kitties.

Konosuba has the best worst characters in anime.

Also watch Symphogear.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Anime kitties.

Konosuba has the best worst characters in anime.

Funny story, I started watching Konosuba because of a video Aqua's english VA did where she described when the show came out and she hosted a watching party with all of her friends. She forgot there was an episode where she's ugly-crying with her full rear end out and it was really uncomfortable for everyone.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Has anything good come out on Crunchyroll over the past year? I've been way out of the loop.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Odd Taxi is unique and really good.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Do you guys have a thread where you talk about the best releases this year? I need to catch up with 2021 in terms of Anime.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there traditionally is one in december

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The thread will be posted no sooner than December 28.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

*nodding*

visual prison must be given time to fully unfold its tale before any fair vote or discussion can be held

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

*nodding* so jojo can qualify

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's not ending this year so that's a no on eligibility

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jojo my rear end

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

it's not ending this year so that's a no on eligibility

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not gonna stop me voting for it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The vote counter (me) will

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

The vote counter (me) will

Mad with power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I don't think I finished any seasonals I enjoyed this year so I won't be posting. Have fun everyone