Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

neoaxd posted:

Newlegacyinc about to sim AEW Full Gear, in case you want spoilers for tomorrow!!!

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

I think Tony Khan voice has overtaken Stone Cold voice as the bois best impression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

Was Regal arrested for murder?

No! Probably used that accent to convince the cops it was all just a misunderstanding.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Well, police notoriously don't investigate the murders of miserable little toe rags.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

joylessdivision posted:

Fired up Wrestling Empire last night after not touching it since it launched on switch and spent an hour fixing all the names of the characters.

Start my career, first match in wrestling school is against Regal. Barely a minute into the match and he's launched me out of the ring over the post, and I land square on the steps.

Health bar instantly totally red and flashing.

Regal drags me into the ring, beats the poo poo out of me some more and then pins me.

My injuries were fatal and I died, having won 0% of my 1 matches in my illustrious 1 week career.

12/10 game owns

This post caused me to buy the game, took me 20 minutes to do the tutorial and my first career match started with the ref throwing a mic into my face. I then won buy countout after kicking out off a pin so hard hhh flew out of the ring into the announce table. Good game.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

RandolphCarter posted:

This post caused me to buy the game, took me 20 minutes to do the tutorial and my first career match started with the ref throwing a mic into my face. I then won buy countout after kicking out off a pin so hard hhh flew out of the ring into the announce table. Good game.

Excellent!

So career try 2 went better, I survived 7 weeks, was tag champions with Ahmed Johnson, went on the Joe Rogan podcast and said I liked being in a team with Ahmed and that yes, I had lived before (I literally used the same character who had just died)

Ahmed and I have a match and we win. Boss needs me to wrestle again, sure why not, what could possibly go wrong?

4 man cluster gently caress, I get launched out of the ring and land bad.

I'm dead again after 7 weeks and didn't even get out of wrestling school.

I've started my 3rd career, setting my age to the youngest possible and not 35. I was just hired to Cornetts promotion after beating the poo poo out of Ric Flair ( with Arn Anderson waving a gun around :allears: ) when he showed up at wrestling school and talked poo poo to me.

First match in this new company having wrestled maybe 3 weeks? Ric Flair for the title. And I won.

On my first night in the company.

:getin:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I watched nL playing the booking mode yesterday and the MDickie games feel like the perfect games I want to watch others play, but not under any circumstances play myself.

(Just wona title) "Hey, this isn't working out for me release me from my contract"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

IGgy IGsen posted:

I watched nL playing the booking mode yesterday and the MDickie games feel like the perfect games I want to watch others play, but not under any circumstances play myself.

(Just wona title) "Hey, this isn't working out for me release me from my contract"

I have no idea who'd actually want to play Booker Mode in those games cause they're so random and chaotic, the best way to experience the game is the regular wrestler career mode, as other people have pointed out above

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Drakkel posted:

I have no idea who'd actually want to play Booker Mode in those games cause they're so random and chaotic, the best way to experience the game is the regular wrestler career mode, as other people have pointed out above

I have seen that too and it looks like rear end. I'll never play one of these games, I'll just watch them.

E: Also playing wrestling video games lol. Sim supremacy.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I played revenge, no mercy, and vpw2 last night with one of my friends and it was unbelievable bliss.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

IGgy IGsen posted:

I have seen that too and it looks like rear end. I'll never play one of these games, I'll just watch them.

I don't think I've actually played a wrestling game since like 2006, I usually just make up a roster of mutant hillbillies and sim every match, to see if the engine can deliver some hilarious botches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SvR 06 was the last non-Fire Pro one I had significant playtime with, and Fire Pro I simmed or Promoter Moded, and SvR 06 I did GM Mode

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I pretty much exclusively sim in Fire Pro these days. I'm also pretty big into e-wrestling.

Sometimes I rig matches to play out a specific way like this one which is simultaneously intended as the piss-break and the best match ever (it's essentially only German Suplexes and back switches)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvlNhg_Yyc

It's a shame that show it's from got copyright claimed into oblivion so only the people who were there when it first aired saw the full thing, a tournament of eight Stings (some of which were Jeff Farmer) that I created in 24 hours on zero sleep and many first takes.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

As someone who went from watching NL play Wrestling Empire and then started playing myself, it's incredibly stupid and wonderful. Actually playing takes a couple of matches to get hang of the controls but once you do it gets even more absurd.

Also I love that weapons used outside the ring don't cause a DQ, so if you aren't attempting murder on your opponent you're probably doing it wrong.

Career 3 update:

I beat British Bulldog for his TV title, then Beth Phoenix who was my manager beat me for the world title.

I don't remember who I dropped the TV title to, but I did and have moved to Wrestling Revolution where I tried to kill Dino Bravo because I was being forced into a special referee spot.

You're not paying me enough to work two a night!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

See the thing is the booking mode is also random and chaotic. Sure you can set up angles and scripted promo stuff and the match types but the game still will just do incredibly insane things once the bell rings.

Example. I set up a Women's title match between Fabulous Moolah and Chyna. Since Chyna was new to the company I set the script as "invasion angle" not knowing what it was. After I start the match, everything is completely out of my hands. So Chyna cuts a prematch promo about how she didn't come here alone and suddenly like 20-30 other wrestlers from my and other promotions (inlcuding the "retired" Hollywood one) start showing up and causing all sorts of problems even as the match continues. Again, I didn't know this was what would happen, I just thought Chyna was going to be like "I'M TAKING OVAHHHH" and that would be that. In the middle of this insane fracas, Bobby Eaton, who earlier in the night injured his neck and is out for 5 weeks, suddenly announces that he's adding himself to this match. As a contender. For the Women's Championship. I remind you this was not something I did.

Long story short several minutes later Chyna pins Bobby Eaton because he has absolutely no health due to the injury, and is the new Women's Champion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Does anyone have a good rundown of the controls in wrestling revolution, the main thing I can’t figure out is how to reverse moves, get up after a move, and escaping a submission

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I put together a 150-entrant AEW Royal Rumble in Fire Pro. Because why the hell not? It makes for a good background video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1Dvh5dcxc

Watch as Leyla Hirsch of all people dominates the roster.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Gavok posted:

I put together a 150-entrant AEW Royal Rumble in Fire Pro. Because why the hell not? It makes for a good background video.

She's at least cool and an actual wrestler. Try this.

(The Punching Bag is programmed to always be as far away from anyone as possible and will never initiate any kind of attack itself)
I wish I'd recorded this but it was only a test rumble with random participants.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gavok posted:

I mean, if they let her she would

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

For some reason I'd never played King of Colosseum II despite chat that it's the best 3D wrestling game ever. Normally I don't really enjoy just watching computer vs computer matches because that's time I could watch actual wrestling (video game wrestling can never recreate the sickening dull thud of an IRL headbutt), but after doing a bit of the tutorial/Dojo mode & burning out because it was so thorough I've stuck on a random Dragon Kid vs Daisuke Ikeda match & man, I just squealed, despite being 15 years old some of these animations are so good. Ikeda in the corner, coming out, Kid leaping over him & then off the turnbuckle into a Dragonrana. It's cool.

Think I have to do Shibata vs Ishii next now Ikeda's just won by an armbar.

The synth version of Deep Purple's Black Night Shibata comes out to is loving fantastic. As is this guy who keeps yelling "ISHII" over & over during the introductions.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 17, 2021

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Does anyone have a good rundown of the controls in wrestling revolution, the main thing I can’t figure out is how to reverse moves, get up after a move, and escaping a submission

Mashing the buttons sorta works, but I've noticed with submissions that if you push the stick away from the hold while mashing the weapon grab or run buttons it seems to work to struggle. This also works when applying a submission, mash the button you used to apply the hold and push the stick to wrench back.

Actually reversing moves I think is the weapon grab button, but I've only managed to counter or reverse moves sporadically and that's been what has seemed to work.

E: update on my 3rd career, I've bounced around to a couple of promotions, spending the bulk of my time in MDickie's Revolution promotion. Which I helped Unionize, which lead to him having a feud with me.

Now I'm at All American Wrestling and I'm going to Unionize them too. Vince is gonna be pissed :getin:

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 17, 2021

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

I mean, if they let her she would

I'd be totally fine with Leyla vs 149 Shannas.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'd be totally fine with Leyla vs 149 Shannas.

Would you rather fight 1 Shanna sized Leyla or 149 Leyla sized Shannas?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Downloading new edits in Fire Pro has become an adventure (at least on PS4.) I recently decided to make an AEW, and I've been picking up guys as I thought of them, but- man they've gone crazy with the part/move editors and the edit creators are not being diligent with what custom parts they're using. And the game will show you 6 max that you're missing at a time.

Long story short I just finished up downloading 83 parts/moves (mostly moves) for Malakai Black, a process which took 1-2 hours because NONE of them are listed on the edit's page. I just wanted to run a tournament...

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Downloading new edits in Fire Pro has become an adventure (at least on PS4.) I recently decided to make an AEW, and I've been picking up guys as I thought of them, but- man they've gone crazy with the part/move editors and the edit creators are not being diligent with what custom parts they're using. And the game will show you 6 max that you're missing at a time.

Long story short I just finished up downloading 83 parts/moves (mostly moves) for Malakai Black, a process which took 1-2 hours because NONE of them are listed on the edit's page. I just wanted to run a tournament...

It's the same on PC, except not quite as bad. Because most of the prolific creators use the modpack and the modpack tags required parts and moves automatically. Hell, if you download an edit without all the parts tagged the modpack downloads these parts for you by now. It'll require a restart of the game to work. I mainly do my own edits but it comes in handy every once in a while, when I need a good Arn Anderson to give my gun move to or something.

The thing is, Spike could have pretty easily made that a feature of the vanilla versions on PC and PS4.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I get the impression that Fire Pro World got the absolute minimum of funding and staff from Spike Chunsoft. They did not believe it would sell well and honestly they were right. Sales were mediocre compared to their top titles.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's a niche genre and Fire Pro was always a niche game within that genre so If they thought it would sell well they were idiots.

It's very much an enthusiast product. Fire Pro was never gonna be the next cool thing that everyone plays. It has a pretty dedicated cult fanbase, but that's not gonna drive sales, not even with the overpriced DLC they put out. And just me, I got it all.
It's also my favorite game for e-feds/e-wrestling, mostly due to the logic system and mods.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NhatHoangRBLX/status/1461339467357339652?s=20

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the only new feature in their "ten hot new features!" list is GM mode, which is just a feature they took out a decade+ ago

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What's a shame is that even if they did redo the gameplay from the ground up as they claim, I still don't know if I'd buy this game because A) gently caress supporting WWE and B) I have no desire to play a wrestling game as any of the people in WWE.

Which kind of sucks because I love wrestling and a lot of the people there are still great, but I just couldn't care less about any of them right now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The new control scheme looks stupid:

https://twitter.com/GhostDDT/status/1461340565145100289?s=20

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Something about tap to reverse and hold to block seems like it would suck in play

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

"We're making a trailer promoting a trailer for January. Please tell us 8 people you absolutely positively won't fire before January."

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

So they're remaking the lovely redesigned controls from 2K20 because the control scheme was the problem with this series.

I'll probably grab it on a sale if it isn't a total dumpster fire like the last one was.....which I bought on a deep discount and then regretted because good lord 2K20 is in fact as awful as literally everyone said.

And I've been playing this stupid series since Smackdown 2 and 2K20 was the first time I've played about an hour of one of these games and then never touched it again. Which is disappointing because all the stupid gimmick stuff was extremely my jam in theory.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

"We're making a trailer promoting a trailer for January. Please tell us 8 people you absolutely positively won't fire before January."

It wouldn't even be the first time they fired Rey, Drew or Lashley

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
This new GM Mode's gonna have the exact same problem as the old one: the roster's gonna be so thin by the time it comes out you'll basically just have to run John Cena vs Randy Orton every single show until the heat death of the universe. Which, to be fair, was at least accurate to the WWE product at the time.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

This new GM Mode's gonna have the exact same problem as the old one: the roster's gonna be so thin by the time it comes out you'll basically just have to run John Cena vs Randy Orton every single show until the heat death of the universe. Which, to be fair, was at least accurate to the WWE product at the time.

Only having a roster max of 20 per show didn't help things either, even with all legends unlocked

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

Something about tap to reverse and hold to block seems like it would suck in play

It's especially baffling when the other biggest update to the controls is "instead of tap/hold for light/heavy attack they're now two different buttons" when it would now be more holistic to have two buttons that work the same way right next to each other.

Wait, the controls don't say anything about grapple/heavy grapple either, so either they didn't change it which means every attack BUT striking is pressure-sensitive or they took out an entire section of grapple attacks.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

It's especially baffling when the other biggest update to the controls is "instead of tap/hold for light/heavy attack they're now two different buttons" when it would now be more holistic to have two buttons that work the same way right next to each other.

Wait, the controls don't say anything about grapple/heavy grapple either, so either they didn't change it which means every attack BUT striking is pressure-sensitive or they took out an entire section of grapple attacks.

I mean the movesets are way too big now so removing a section would improve things

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

CarlCX posted:

It could be that you first have to hit the grapple button, then hit a direction and a light/heavy attack button for a follow up grapple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Rey Mysterio Career Mode must be bare bones as hell because there's a lot of guys just fired, in AEW, or are Chris Benoit that they possibly cant use. On top of that Rey Mysterio loses a large majority of his famous matches/feuds so get ready to beat up Rey most the time or lose by cutscene constantly.

People Rey has beaten in a big match that are probably off limits: Chavo, Benoit, Matt Hardy, Big Show, Mark Henry, Jericho, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Andrade, Buddy Murphy.

MAYBE they keep Murphy and maybe Del Rio is in the game, but like its real loving weird since Murphy was fired this year. Also in the trailer was a Nia Jax shirt so either she's still going to be in the game or cut.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 18, 2021