Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

One, holy, capitalistic and automatic Church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTK68l2BHtE

TACD fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

After an unfortunate autocorrect error, we have instituted fully automated luxury catholicism.

The path to 40K continues apace.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

This sounds very appealing but I'd like to know more about people's experience of this. So far it's been a faff:

1) first I download the "vanced manager"
2) then i change my phone's settings to install .apk's from unknown sources because it didn't come from the play store
3) then i download something called microG which is apparently necessary but for what i don't know
4) then i download youtube vanced
5) and then - and this is where i get concerned - i have to hand over my google account credentials to sign in to youtube via vanced. How secure is this?

MicroG is their slightly modified version of Google Mobile Services. And as far as I can tell from using it it's secure. The initial setup is a few steps but once you're done you just have to check on Vanced Manager every so often to see if there's an update.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

This sounds very appealing but I'd like to know more about people's experience of this. So far it's been a faff:

1) first I download the "vanced manager"
2) then i change my phone's settings to install .apk's from unknown sources because it didn't come from the play store
3) then i download something called microG which is apparently necessary but for what i don't know
4) then i download youtube vanced
5) and then - and this is where i get concerned - i have to hand over my google account credentials to sign in to youtube via vanced. How secure is this?

Vanced is secure. Micro g is used to login to your account. It needs your credentials so you can log in to said account.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

+1 for vanced. Really good app. Adguard and Brave too. Really need to get around to setting up pihole and a raspberry pi some day. I really hate that I can't kill ads from my LG TV's YouTube app.

Having worked in mobile advertising 2.5 years ago the costs per install for users was a warzone and the return on ad revenue was being squeezed ever tighter. I can't imagine its better now. So ads have by necessity gotten more aggressive and frequent for the same return.

I will say, the ads that produced the best returns were NEVER the high quality ones but the poo poo, badly framed, badly drawn, loud or ugly ones that accidentally looked like something someone recognised. It was maddening.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Christoper Chope has just objected to his own governments motion to condemn Paterson.

Literal car crash stuff.

https://twitter.com/georgegrylls/status/1460371544006447106

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
wow

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chope is the turbopervert who went off on one about the upskirt laws wasn't he?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

He isn't a pervert, just didn't want Private Members' Bills to be used to pass laws. It was a procedural thing. And no you can't check his phone.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Chope is the turbopervert who went off on one about the upskirt laws wasn't he?

He literally objects to everything, he's more in the Ron Paul "Government shouldn't do anything at all" camp (not that this precludes him being a pervert, obv).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More like chode lmao.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/benjamincohen/status/1460341503189041167

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lmao the bomber was an Anglican. Hope MI5 are monitoring that Alpha course where he was radicalised.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

lol

BBC posted:

He is believed to have originally come from the Middle East and went into the asylum system. But in recent years he may have converted to Christianity and also suffered from mental health issues.

The decision to declare this a terrorist incident looks less to be based on a clear understanding of his ideology and more on his methodology

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
When is the Queen going to to denounce this

Alternatively: what did he know that we don't

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Thanks, BBC. Hard to imagine a Christian "terrorist incident" taking place in the UK on Remembrance Day of all days.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

loving hell the second he's not a Muslim it's immediately lone wolf mental health issues.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Moderate Christians need to speak out more about the extremists in their community. Chances are that they already knew he harboured these violent urges.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Cmon man this isn't getting you a lot of juice so either do it or stfu

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1460505317356326917?t=Z5IXdM08p_qPJdQFr48gAA&s=19

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Methodology need to be in enormous quotation marks

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I've not been following this so I want to see if I understand correctly after a bit of reading.

NI more or less got to stay in the EU single market by continuing to follow EU product rules. rUK was obviously out of that, but there was a grace period before normal border checks would come in for stuff going from rUK to NI. Now that's ending and the UK wants to continue to avoid border checks in NI, but the EU says that's not going to work because then they end up with non-conforming goods in the EU because you can't have a border in Ireland. They could live with fewer checks, if the UK agrees to follow EU product rules and share its tracking paperwork. The UK says, we can't allow a border between rUK and NI (although effectively one already exists), we're going to pull out of this whole drat deal, see if we don't. Now I guess some diplomats get to sit down in Brussels and hash out a compromise that lets the Tories save a bit of face while basically agreeing to the EU's demands?

Oct 4, 2005

Johnson says triggering the Genesis Device would be ‘perfectly legitimate’

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

loving hell the second he's not a Muslim it's immediately lone wolf mental health issues.

If he spent time in an asylum that does rather point to mental issues, yes

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

big scary monsters posted:

I've not been following this so I want to see if I understand correctly after a bit of reading.

NI more or less got to stay in the EU single market by continuing to follow EU product rules. rUK was obviously out of that, but there was a grace period before normal border checks would come in for stuff going from rUK to NI. Now that's ending and the UK wants to continue to avoid border checks in NI, but the EU says that's not going to work because then they end up with non-conforming goods in the EU because you can't have a border in Ireland. They could live with fewer checks, if the UK agrees to follow EU product rules and share its tracking paperwork. The UK says, we can't allow a border between rUK and NI (although effectively one already exists), we're going to pull out of this whole drat deal, see if we don't. Now I guess some diplomats get to sit down in Brussels and hash out a compromise that lets the Tories save a bit of face while basically agreeing to the EU's demands?

Well, not quite, because the border in the Irish sea was negotiated by the UK. They wanted it. They had no intention of actually adhering to the things they signed, but they did sign.

Additionally, Article 16 doesn't allow the UK to disapply the protocol, it's a button that leads to further talks in a committee. However, as it is being threatened in extremely bad faith the US are getting ornery. All the inflammatory rhetoric and the shifting of goal posts isn't good for peace on the island of Ireland, and the US is invested in the Good Friday Agreement.

The "agree to everything the EU says but make it look like a compromise" is pretty accurate though. The EU doesn't mind that NI is slowly being pulled towards the ROI by having that sweet taste of the common market, and the TCA is heavily weighted in the EU's favour as well…

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
To be fair the odds of you having a good relationship with sanity while also aiming to detonate your own home made bomb are pretty slim.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

If he spent time in an asylum that does rather point to mental issues, yes

Yes but if he hadn't converted he would be a radicalised individual who was probably working for some sort of secret international terror cell.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Now it'll be "yeah but there's ~some~ people you can't trust even after they've converted, or say they've converted because they've got the tequila that says they're allowed to lie about converting to commit tanuki."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Antigravitas posted:

Well, not quite, because the border in the Irish sea was negotiated by the UK. They wanted it. They had no intention of actually adhering to the things they signed, but they did sign.

Additionally, Article 16 doesn't allow the UK to disapply the protocol, it's a button that leads to further talks in a committee. However, as it is being threatened in extremely bad faith the US are getting ornery. All the inflammatory rhetoric and the shifting of goal posts isn't good for peace on the island of Ireland, and the US is invested in the Good Friday Agreement.

The "agree to everything the EU says but make it look like a compromise" is pretty accurate though. The EU doesn't mind that NI is slowly being pulled towards the ROI by having that sweet taste of the common market, and the TCA is heavily weighted in the EU's favour as well…

What the DUP and the UKGov don’t want to admit is that things are actually working well here. Businesses are adapting and shifting their supply chains to get stuff from the ROI and EU rather than the UK and we are not seeing empty shelves or petrol queues here in NI. The way the story was tried to be spun to be about “sausages” was particularly funny as if there’s one thing Ireland isn’t short of it is excellent sausages. There are however some bizarre exceptions like this Premier Inn I stayed at in Derry last week. They’ve clearly refused to adapt their England based supply chain for their crappy microwave meal menu and so 3/4 of their menu is currently unavailable.
Including , bizarrely, bread rolls. They are claiming they cannot find someone to supply them a bread roll in Northern Ireland lol.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Hot takes on Liverpool bomber seen on Facebook.

He was Christian - just shows the lengths THEY will go to to cover up their evil intent
He was sectioned for knife carrying - just shows the lengths THEY will go to cover up their evil intent

(As it happens, I have a former friend and flatmate who was sectioned after attacking her father and best friend with a knife because she saw 'witches' not the people. She was a catholic.)

I wish there was a way of blocking particular news stories from FB timeline!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

To be fair the odds of you having a good relationship with sanity while also aiming to detonate your own home made bomb are pretty slim.

Legit thought this was about Boris and Article 16 and was :hmmyes:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Yeah it's called deactivating your FB account.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Legit thought this was about Boris and Article 16 and was :hmmyes:

Willing to cause the death of others to further a nebulous political ideology...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Those cold cast polyresin statues of Mary are using the same material and 90% of the same mold (and probably the same manufacturer) as they use for the little statues of Greek and Roman goddesses and idols and such that you can get in markets and tourist parts of the Mediterranean etc.

After however many centuries of official Vatican policy being "no they're very different and it's heresy to claim otherwise" apparently the Church Milo-tant dot shop people have decided that God favours the cheapest manufacturer.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

items unavailable:

no cheesy chips

So are they available or not? Seems like this could be a matter of great concern for you, smellmycheese.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

1965917 posted:

Johnson says triggering the Genesis Device would be ‘perfectly legitimate’

And thus ER is reborn.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

NotJustANumber99 posted:

items unavailable:

no cheesy chips

So are they available or not? Seems like this could be a matter of great concern for you, smellmycheese.

Chips were. Cheesy chips weren’t. Go figure

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Less on a clear understanding of his ideology and more on a clear understanding of his ethnicity. It doesn't even add up on the surface level. When was the last time we had a terrorist bomber? The Muslim terrorists we have had of late have been using knives. Was it a knife bomb?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

They are claiming they cannot find someone to supply them a bread roll in Northern Ireland lol.

'They are unwilling to pay a higher price for the bread rolls' would be my take on things.

Regarding here in N.I. things look to be fairly good, we won't starve and the food selection is still better than i had available in the 1970s.

I'll take some pork, leek & honey sausages from McAtamney's Butchers over any imported ones from the UK every single time. :colbert:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Jedit posted:

Less on a clear understanding of his ideology and more on a clear understanding of his ethnicity. It doesn't even add up on the surface level. When was the last time we had a terrorist bomber? The Muslim terrorists we have had of late have been using knives. Was it a knife bomb?

I mean the manchester arena bombings were only a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

smellmycheese posted:

What the DUP and the UKGov don’t want to admit is that things are actually working well here.

Frost openly admitted this in a panel recently, weirdly not widely covered.