Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress I love budk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kith posted:

the perfect tactical accessory

im the us veteran trapper

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kith posted:

I want to see him draw the shotgun.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

I want to see him draw the shotgun.

I want to see it and I don't want to be in the same ZIP code when it happens.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kith posted:

A friend of mine had a stack of old Soldier of Fortune magazines as well as a US Cavalry mail-order catalog when I was a kid and this reminds me of all the ridiculous bullshit you'd see in that. Apparently US Cavalry went out of business in 2013, which is much later than I would have expected.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I got a peanut butter shot and it sucked but the only real memory I have of 30th AG is the dude in front of me getting it, taking 3 steps and then faceplanting on the (wisely padded) floor. They got him up, he said he was good, took a step, faceplanted again. They sternal rubbed him and he got up again, they held him for a minute, and then he dropped again and they brought the salts out. The dude looked like a 2x4 falling over every time.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
gosh does it really hurt that much?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Scratch Monkey posted:

It didn't hurt that bad, but it left a knot in my bumcheek and it was weird to sit down on.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

We were rolling broom sticks on it and massaging it the best we could the day after.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm glad the most ROTC ever asked me to do was go in a room with 20 others guys and show my butthole to some nice lady doctor while I coughed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kith posted:

Where could you possible be at in your life that you would think this is necessary?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Fighting off a zombie apocalypse, or being a character in a video game.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

Fighting off a zombie apocalypse, or being a character in a video game.

Please they barely ever say “zombies” anymore in TYOOL 2021.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Where could you possible be at in your life that you would think this is necessary?
People who don’t pass the paper bag test move in down the block?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

boop the snoot posted:

Missouri.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I went through the entry process for both enlisted and officer and I definitely can say the officer one involved much less bending over and butthole spreading. Not zero, but less.

Also the history interview with the doctor that did the officer medical screening was more like “you’ve never smoked weed, wink wink, RIGHT????” versus a 100 year old doctor yelling at me in a thick nearly incomprehensible accent that I better be telling him the truth and that I’ll go to prison at ADX Florence or something if I lied.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Crab Dad posted:

We were rolling broom sticks on it and massaging it the best we could the day after.

I'm imagining a berth full of sailors lovingly massaging each others rear end lumps with broomsticks. No one in this scenario is wearing a shirt.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

I'm imagining a berth full of sailors lovingly massaging each others rear end lumps with broomsticks. No one in this scenario is wearing a shirt.

You can massage your own rear end with a broom stick with the pointy end or like a rolling pin (which is what we did).

Also not wearing a shirt is only authorized in the head/shower area.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I went through boot in 98, and we got the peanut butter shot twice. Once on arrival, and again just before going to Camp Pendelton.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

My old man has two fukken gnarly smallpox shot scars from two separate vaccinations (one when he was a little boy, and one when he joined the navy) and one has a fat keloid on it that he told me as a little boy was from where a mummy grabbed him in Egypt.

He told me later that his real Egypt story is that he and a buddy were on shore leave and were getting fukken smashed on Coptic liquor. Dad was drinking it straight, his buddy was chasing with water. Dad ended up with a week long hang-over, buddy ended up losing part of his colon to a Egyptian parasite picked up from the local water.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Scratch Monkey posted:

incidentally, it was the 30th anniversary of Tom Laaksonen's death last week

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

A Festivus Miracle posted:

My old man has two fukken gnarly smallpox shot scars from two separate vaccinations (one when he was a little boy, and one when he joined the navy) and one has a fat keloid on it that he told me as a little boy was from where a mummy grabbed him in Egypt.

He told me later that his real Egypt story is that he and a buddy were on shore leave and were getting fukken smashed on Coptic liquor. Dad was drinking it straight, his buddy was chasing with water. Dad ended up with a week long hang-over, buddy ended up losing part of his colon to a Egyptian parasite picked up from the local water.

Your dad rules.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

You can massage your own rear end with a broom stick with the pointy end or like a rolling pin (which is what we did).

Also not wearing a shirt is only authorized in the head/shower area.

First off, new tag line for the thread.

Second, not wearing pants - anywhere goes! (Thus, well known sailor Donald Duck)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Scratch Monkey posted:

I'm imagining a berth full of sailors lovingly massaging each others rear end lumps with broomsticks. No one in this scenario is wearing pants.

Fixed based on updated information.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fairly sure you should have changed that to fantasizing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Scratch Monkey posted:

Also syncope is real and some people just get it out of nowhere, but most of the time it's linked to stress and anxiety...

No clue why that would happen in basic tho.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Is it stolen valor to wear military clothing (not pts/uniform, but logo'ed stuff) as non-military if you admit to being a civilian immediately?

Trying to figure out how mad I should be at this dude at my gym.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Just laugh at him behind his back.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Casimir Radon posted:

Just laugh at him behind his back.

Why? So far he's made the smarter, better decision.

Edit: Obviously I laughed at him behind his back. I realize I also missed an opp to play the NCO card and gently caress him up a little bit.

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 16, 2021

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO

Gorilla Radio posted:

Is it stolen valor to wear military clothing (not pts/uniform, but logo'ed stuff) as non-military if you admit to being a civilian immediately?

Naw

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Gorilla Radio posted:

Figure it is like D.A.R.E. shirts. Anybody who wears that is doing it ironically, and almost certainly holding.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Stolen valor! Smoke his rear end!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have almost negative valor so the guys stealing it are just picking up my slack.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Stolen valor is great and I have nothing but pity for people that do it and those who are offended by it.

People should stop lionizing the military if they dont want people to play pretend.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
People assume I'm military regardless of what I wear, should I feel guilty for accidentally stolen valoring?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Same bro, I just don’t understand why this keeps happening

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I could actually see Charlie having served. He seems like the type that would generally poo poo the ASVAB, but score insanely high on some category that the recruiter could not pass up and Charlie would not know what the gently caress was going on and just go with it. Hijinks ensue.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

People assume I'm military regardless of what I wear, should I feel guilty for accidentally stolen valoring?

I was at somebody's PhD defense, the topic was military history and someone asked them if they served because of the way they carried themselves, and possibly the buzzcut. Nope!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Same bro, I just don’t understand why this keeps happening

He should be driving a Crown Vic. Regular Car Reviews called them the official car of open carrying while dropping your kid off at day care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That's way outta date, the authorized vehicles for stealing cop valor are the Charger & Explorer now