Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Helianthus Annuus posted:

i'm back at my posting station, and i see that day 1 hasnt been posted to NHK yet!

Kenning, may I have this team of leftovers?

Y/O: Shodai
S/K: Meisei
M1-5: Takarafuji
M6-10: Hidenoumi
M11+: Sadanoumi

for anyone curious, i crunched the numbers and discovered which wrestlers were most unpicked in each category:

if anyone thinks this its unfair for me to pick this way, then i will endure whatever punishment the Fantasy Sumo Association sees fit for my negligence.

The two people who picked Asanoyama should probably look into a trade...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Pakled posted:

The two people who picked Asanoyama should probably look into a trade...

eh, it was my own dumb fault.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Aw, jeez, Hokuseiho withdrew. :(

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lexorin posted:

eh, it was my own dumb fault.

i respect backing your guys to the end (of their ban)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Teddybear posted:

Aw, jeez, Hokuseiho withdrew. :(

WE'RE NEVER GETTING TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
sucks seeing young athletes get debillitating injuries so early in their career. just reaches salary and then gets booted back down by forces (mostly) outside his control.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
https://twitter.com/MasakiKudo59/status/1460126128811610112

Sick throw from Enho. It took them a while to decide what kimarite it was, they left it blank on the results page and then announced it two matches later (tottari).

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Pile drivers are illegal, right? Asking for a friend.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Memento posted:

Pile drivers are illegal, right? Asking for a friend.

I thought for sure Terutsuyoshi was gonna slip on his own salt, again. But he pulled it off. So good!! First time I've seen that!

Terunofuji has such incredible composure in his defence. He had a plan as soon as he was on the bails and executed it really well. It's not like he wasn't at risk or anything but he had a plan once he was there and committed to it.

whats for dinner fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 15, 2021

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Gonna celebrate my 5-0 day the same way I did last time...10 x 10 sumo deadlifts day at the gym!

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god Teru vs Daiesho, what a battle!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah that was real edge of your seat sumo. Great stuff.

Day 2!

Only Takakaisho and Ura picked up wins today for my stable, and tomorrow I've got Taka taking on Kiribayama so I'm definitely going to be behind on that one. 6 wins so far from my boys. Ura looked good again but Kotoeko didn't really seem to put up much of a fight? I hope he's not rattled or hurt from going through the Gyoji yseterday. Absolute highlight was Terutsuyoshi giving Ishiura an atomic wedgie lift-out.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

HOLY シット

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Great sumo today. That last match!

Also a nice enho match today, gutted about hokoseiho I just want to see the big man do sumo

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wonder if even among the menial jobs they still place people based on how much of a distraction they'd be.

How do you assign Hakuho an "usher" job and keep him from getting swarmed by fans all day?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Beeswax posted:

Oh my god Teru vs Daiesho, what a battle!

Hell yes it rocked

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Neodoomium posted:

How do you assign Hakuho an "usher" job and keep him from getting swarmed by fans all day?

I assume it's because it's Japan and not America.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Terutsuyoshi could have hit Ishiura with a piledriver from that position and I'm disappointed he didn't go for it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hoshoryu got absolutely robbed by the lack of a mono-ii.

Terunofuji’s win was electric.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Hakuho talking about his first day on the job as security guard.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...SdJUIonJHfgli9U

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've gotten into pens and stationary things, which is relevant to sumo because I have this stamp now

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

stomp stamp :bravo:

Eli949
Oct 23, 2008
Wow, amazing final match there.

Still hoping to trade my poor banned Asanoyama for any available rikishi who is actually competing this basho.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This has been a day for very quick pulldown victories.

I got rinsed on points but Ura and Takakeisho are both sitting nicely at 3-0 so I can be happy for them. 4 wins on day 1, 2 on day 2 and now 2 on day three. Hey, 8-7 is a winning score, right?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

pseudodragon posted:

Hakuho talking about his first day on the job as security guard.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...SdJUIonJHfgli9U

quote:

Until now, when someone called Magaki "oyakata," or sumo elder, he sometimes "wondered who they were talking to."

It's going to take a bit of getting used to that there is no Hakuho there is only Magaki.

Poor old Wakatakakage, watching him against Terunofuji was like watching a father and son playing at sumo, he had no chance.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bessantj posted:

Poor old Wakatakakage, watching him against Terunofuji was like watching a father and son playing at sumo, he had no chance.

dude's in my squad and i hope he gets a lot out of the experience going forward.

wonderful matches from ishiura and terutsuyoshi also.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

dude's in my squad and i hope he gets a lot out of the experience going forward.

wonderful matches from ishiura and terutsuyoshi also.

I like him and not just because his name is fun to say. He's cemented his spot in the top half of the Maegashira rankings, be interesting to see if he can sustain a san'yaku ranking.

Just had a look at Ryuden in Makushita and, as expected, he is having little trouble.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

I’m stuck in 3-2 hell, sure it’s a winning record and all but….

I am become Shodai, the destroyer of worlds.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

starting off 12-3 with one perfect day is way better than i expected having missed out on terunofuji. wakatakakage's shown some life too.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I haven't watched Day 3 yet but on the first two days, Abi's footwork was less horrible than I remembered it being in the past. He'd be a pretty top level guy if he finally has it together.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, I clearly know who the underperformer in my team is, tobizaru

So far we had some pretty fun sumo, a lot of close bouts and all, maybe not having the shadow of The Oyakata Formerly Known As Hakuho looming over them made some dudes extra motivated to do well.

who knows maybe this is finally mitakeumi's time to shine

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dias posted:

Well, I clearly know who the underperformer in my team is, tobizaru

He'll break your heart man

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I knew going in that Kiribayama was a risky pick and sure enough he's 0-3 so far but I feel like he can still do this. He's beaten most of the sanyaku before and should not be out of his depth. I believe drat it. Mongolia strong.

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 16, 2021

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

First wheelchair of the basho, I think — Any reports on Hagiwara, in Makushita? Always scary when it takes that long for someone to get up.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Mitakeumi is looking super strong, especially for this early in a basho. He usually takes a few days to come online. He's my early pick for surprise yusho contender before inevitably losing to the kaiju.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

My squad is full of dudes I really like but who are unreliable and every fight is a nailbiter, with the exception of Takakeisho who is more reliable but I'm worried for his spine every bout

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah I was really happy to see him take out Kiribayama with a simple sidestep and pulldown. It' seems like he's playing smart sumo and taking care of himself

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Shiroc posted:

I haven't watched Day 3 yet but on the first two days, Abi's footwork was less horrible than I remembered it being in the past. He'd be a pretty top level guy if he finally has it together.

He kinda poo poo the bed In July during week 2, and even in his wins in September he wasn’t what I’d call dominant. It’s why I went with Hokutofuji for my M11+ pick but he’s looked really good so far. I hope he keeps it up because I want to see how he does against the top rank and filers.

That said I’m not shocked he’s doing well, and not because of the Juryo yusho. As part of his atonement he said he won’t move out of the heya and back home to his wife and baby until he’s gotten a kk in Makuuchi. If sumo and the internet as a whole has taught me anything it’s never underestimate the motivational power of horny.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bessantj posted:

He'll break your heart man

lol