Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

given he's got a whole thing with alternate CA animations and stack management i don't think he's going to have any real overlap with current CA claymores which are basically just C6 Xinyan or for shotgunning heals as Noelle.

i know his dedicated subreddit has already been trying to work out his playstyle but as usual i'll wait for live data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Risutora posted:

but they said their venti is lower :confused:

Venti is adorable, I can understand if you got that confused.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sucrose is like the least cute character in the game.

Still cute. I am not saying not cute.

But like Diluc is cuter.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

in game Diluc looks like a bootleg version of all his character art

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kater posted:

But like Diluc is cuter.

I feel like you should talk to a professional about these feelings.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

kater posted:

But like Diluc is cuter.

:mods:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I've been liking this team:

Depending on what element I want to infuse I'll burst Kazuha before or after Xingqiu, then go in with Hu Tao. Bennett doesn't always come into the rotation because this abyss requires a LOT of chasing down enemies so there's no downtime to fit Bennett in unless I need heals. I'm not even sure it's worth it setting up kazuha for anemo shred vs. going straight XQ->Hu Tao because the drat teleporting enemies and long waves of lesser enemies mean I need to keep moving around so there's not much opportunity to really whale on enemies with burst combos.

Floor 11 I don't want XQ on the first half (hydro cube) and I don't want Hu Tao on the 2nd half (pyro cube.) I finally cleared hydro cube in 1 cycle. Took so long to get it's health down because it keeps flying around, so I still ended with 8/9 on floor 11. Three abyss cycles in a row this hydro cube has thwarted every attempt. :argh:

Floor 12 should I be rolling Hu Tao on the 2nd half? I didn't want to put XQ on the half with hydro animals. I cannot put Kazuha on the first half with the ruin sentry because he makes the chamber impossible. I swapped Kazuha with Raiden for floor 12, but Raiden doesn't fit in Kazuha's place. No one on that half needs the energy recharge except for Raiden herself. And Raiden wastes too much time on the field, but if I cut her burst short she'll be slow to her next one.

Maybe I could take the Hu Tao + XQ vape team to the hydro animal half and those wont be a problem because Hu Tao will vape them?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

gandlethorpe posted:

I know he isn't (never said he was), but he is CA-based. I'm sure the mechanics are pretty much the same, aside from the AoE and directional movement.

Just take the l

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Radical posted:

i triple crowned my hutao the other day. i went for the c1/homa so i might as well go all the way.

I ended up being an idiot and continuing to throw single rolls at the character banner (even after saying I wasn't going to do that in this very thread, lol), and I ended up being extremely "lucky" and getting 2 more Hu Taos in the space of 10-15 rolls

So now Hu Tao is probably my only non-standard banner 5* with constellations (2 of them even!) so I basically have to invest even more heavily in her. Her second constellation just seems kind of okay; with the levels of HP my Hu Tao has, I think it will increase her blossom thing by like ~4k damage. Significant against larger groups of enemies, at least, but 4k damage every 4 seconds is kinda eh against an individual enemy.

I've been stingy with crowns so far, largely because of the opportunity cost of the last couple talent upgrades. Currently the only two crowned talents I have are Hu Tao's regular attacks (which I just crowned yesterday) and Kazuha's burst.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So just to make sure I’m not missing anything, if I have the gilded scales (from Az’s domain), there’s no way to turn that into the bloodstained branch is there? You can do it with the crown but seems can’t do so it with the scales. Frustrating as I have two of them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

theblackw0lf posted:

So just to make sure I’m not missing anything, if I have the gilded scales (from Az’s domain), there’s no way to turn that into the bloodstained branch is there? You can do it with the crown but seems can’t do so it with the scales. Frustrating as I have two of them.
I think there's a button you're not clicking. You totally should be able to do it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The UI kind of sucks, but you can convert any mat from the same boss to another. They're listed by the output mat in the left pane, and you can select between two recipes by clicking the paper icon with the circle on the right.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

theblackw0lf posted:

There's a button for this, but it's not super obvious.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Incoherence posted:

There's a button for this, but it's not super obvious.

Oh wow, this changes everything haha.

I have a bunch of characters who are now going to see their talents raised.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i remember thinking the same thing with boss mats even through i had so much experience converting gems by then

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
you ever just refuse to waste raiden's ult?

https://i.imgur.com/GVBSjTm.mp4

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Does the dream solvent rate drop go higher if you battle a higher level domain? (80 vs 90)

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
I keep seeing people complain about the electro cube in the world level ascension quests, and all I can say is those people never had to raise Fischl.

I can beat any electro cube with my eyes closed by this point.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Hu tao does most of the damage of that comp so it doesn't matter if XQ doesn't get to do any, she will deal with the mimics while XQ will help with the rest. She does better on the top side of floor 12 but 12-1-2 is very easy for her. With that comp you need to consistently swirl pyro with kazuha and use bennet as the setup, otherwise you are just wasting buffs. Kazuha is the for the shred and grouping up enemies, if you are still chasing them all around then you should probably sent kazu to the ayaka team, they would make better use of him.

About the hydro cube, since you have ayaka you could give hu tao + ayaka comp a try if you still have enough to clear pyro cube.

This was very poorly executed in many ways but it still was more than enough to pop him.
https://i.imgur.com/smNNjEx.mp4

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Has anyone swapped Zhongli over to Emblem artifacts? My Zhongli is on a mediocre set of ToM and I’m debating swapping him over. My only concern is that my Emblem luck is awful and I’ve barely completed one and a half good sets in months of grinding.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You lose the atk bonus and zhong has 40 cost burst

Kale
May 14, 2010

Got a Hu Tao pull and Sayu who I was missing about 17 and 23 pulls respectively after my lost 50/50 to Keqing who I was also missing. Overall pretty good banner luck, certainly better than the Raiden one. Even picked up two Thoma's so I consider it a clean sweep overall. Now to wait for a week for Eula. Maybe for once I'll win 50/50.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Boat Stuck posted:

I keep seeing people complain about the electro cube in the world level ascension quests, and all I can say is those people never had to raise Fischl.

I can beat any electro cube with my eyes closed by this point.

I finally got all of the electro units that need its drop to level 80 (except Lisa). I'm going to miss that cakewalk, the electro bird is such a huge pain in the rear end compared to it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Why is Paimon so bloodthirsty in Inazuma?

Is it her final boss poking through?

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
So, I've been playing for a number of months now, since about mid 2.0, and I've been having a lot of fun. The Raiden Banner was actually the first banner I consciously tried to roll on for a character, and I managed to get her C2 in a bizarre stroke of luck on the last day, and she's been a mainstay on my team ever since. I didn't really roll that much on Kokomi, but I did get her. Still haven't leveled her up, but I may get around to doing that with that new artifact set coming out in 2.3.

Then came the Childe banner, and I'm ashamed to admit I kinda became a whale. It was a bit awkward using him at first, but I grew to really like using him once I got a hang of his gameplay, so I started going for his constellations and got to C4. Before I considered myself a Bennet main, but now I'm pretty certain I'm a Childe main. Even ended up getting Polar Star.

With this banner, I got C1 Hu Tao and Homa, and I basically have stopped rolling so I can save up to get Albedo and Eula... Mostly Eula.

...I may have a problem.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

wokow6 posted:

So, I've been playing for a number of months now, since about mid 2.0, and I've been having a lot of fun. The Raiden Banner was actually the first banner I consciously tried to roll on for a character, and I managed to get her C2 in a bizarre stroke of luck on the last day, and she's been a mainstay on my team ever since. I didn't really roll that much on Kokomi, but I did get her. Still haven't leveled her up, but I may get around to doing that with that new artifact set coming out in 2.3.

Then came the Childe banner, and I'm ashamed to admit I kinda became a whale. It was a bit awkward using him at first, but I grew to really like using him once I got a hang of his gameplay, so I started going for his constellations and got to C4. Before I considered myself a Bennet main, but now I'm pretty certain I'm a Childe main. Even ended up getting Polar Star.

With this banner, I got C1 Hu Tao and Homa, and I basically have stopped rolling so I can save up to get Albedo and Eula... Mostly Eula.

...I may have a problem.

This is like that before and after series of meth arrest mugshots, in text form

I am absolutely not going to spend than $5/month on this game, at least for digital items, anyways

The twins' Nendos are awfully cute

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
If you have raiden and kokomi put them on a team with beidou and you’ll wreck poo poo fast. 4th can be anemo or xq. I run double hydro and almost no er% on kokomi, sometimes I swap in venti or sucrose if I need more aoe

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I may do that sometime. I currently try and focus on building up one character at a time, though for the moment I'm grinding materials for when Eula comes out.

Is it okay that I don't really level anyone beyond 80? I'm at AR52, and I'm quite happy with the world level I'm currently at, and it just seems like a complete pain in the rear end to get to 90, so I've kinda decided not to bother.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
There was a discussion just last page about levelling past 80 if you want to check it. Everything in the game can be beaten at 80, and only a few characters/elements benefit from going to 90 in an appreciable way.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Oh cool, thanks for the heads up.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

About the only thing where having level 90 is unquestionably superior is that coop expedition event where level 90 characters can be sent out to your friends to boost their chances of a successful expedition by a lot. Even then it's mostly because level 90s are first in line and there's not a whole lot of support slots to use.

Even then it's only really an epeen measurement because it hasn't given out rewards so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leveling up to 70 is actually just fine too if you're not doing the spiral abyss. Hitting 80 ascended is for the last two talent levels if you're going to invest that hard.

Just make sure you're using good artifacts and keeping your weapons relatively in line. I only have Eula's unique greatsword at 90 and everything else that wasn't an event weapon is still at 80.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i think i am experiencing withdrawal from not getting a new character since kokomi. pulling constellations isnt the same. i didnt get thoma. aloy is pretty cool but her ascension collectibles are loving miserable. i triple crowned hu tao but i benched her for yanfei reputation. i didnt even use her for abyss i relied on yoimiya one side and klee the other.

they should add a new type of banner that isnt characters or weapons. just something else to gamble on. please.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

kater posted:

they should add a new type of banner that isnt characters or weapons. just something else to gamble on. please.

I have a feeling they're stockpiling skins and stuff to put on some kind of godawful cosmetics banner, so maybe you can blow your money on that someday.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I think the skin situation might just be a blind spot for them. Honkai doesn't really have a ton of skins, despite how long it's been running.
Or maybe they are just hesitant due to what happened with the guy that attacked their offices.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What, Honkai has like 2-3 new skins every patch

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Tae posted:

What, Honkai has like 2-3 new skins every patch

Well, they do have some, just not a ton.
I just don't think it's a lot in comparison, given the age of the game and how a lot of other developers jump on these things as a way to print money.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What do you call a lot, honkai has at least 70 costumes at this point

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

RareAcumen posted:

Leveling up to 70 is actually just fine too if you're not doing the spiral abyss. Hitting 80 ascended is for the last two talent levels if you're going to invest that hard.

Just make sure you're using good artifacts and keeping your weapons relatively in line. I only have Eula's unique greatsword at 90 and everything else that wasn't an event weapon is still at 80.

This tbh. I was playing with Rosaria and my new pale flame set last night and she’s at 60(but ascended) and crescent pike is also at 60. Only tooled around in overworld and did commissions but everything died so fast I decided levels don’t matter.

Btw Rosaria/Diona/venti/Fischl is super fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Twisc posted:

you ever just refuse to waste raiden's ult?

https://i.imgur.com/GVBSjTm.mp4

"oroka"