Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

its also dense and i have to rewind a lot kuz i started thinking about swords or wizards or smth and spaced out =/

swords and wizards own though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Pete weirds me out because he has almost zero actual personality or gravitas but has clearly been coached on public speaking, which creates an uncanny valley effect of someone who technically does all the things to seem likeable but without any genuineness or humanity behind it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

they need to do a third season. not sure on what. I trust them to pick something good.

They should do a series on Africa (or at least the larger events) in the cold war.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think the obvious choice is southeast asia but the decolonization of africa in the 60s would be neat

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

TheSlutPit posted:

Pete weirds me out because he has almost zero actual personality or gravitas but has clearly been coached on public speaking, which creates an uncanny valley effect of someone who technically does all the things to seem likeable but without any genuineness or humanity behind it

in a previous life i did the consulting poo poo

there are two types of consultants, kids from good universities with no idea what the gently caress they're doing with their lives, and then there's the born mercenaries. absolutely nothing behind the eyes when they talk to you. i have worked with mayors pete in the past, and they are nice and productive as long as you do not, under any circumstances, try to engage them in a social context.

the question I have is what the gently caress lead him to become Mayor of South Bend, because most of these people are quietly shuffled into a mid-level office at Moloch Incorporated by the time they realize there's no partnership in their future. the route from McKinsey to Notre Dame Rape Coverup Coordinator is a bit of a headscratcher

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

in a previous life i did the consulting poo poo

there are two types of consultants, kids from good universities with no idea what the gently caress they're doing with their lives, and then there's the born mercenaries. absolutely nothing behind the eyes when they talk to you. i have worked with mayors pete in the past, and they are nice and productive as long as you do not, under any circumstances, try to engage them in a social context.

the question I have is what the gently caress lead him to become Mayor of South Bend, because most of these people are quietly shuffled into a mid-level office at Moloch Incorporated by the time they realize there's no partnership in their future. the route from McKinsey to Notre Dame Rape Coverup Coordinator is a bit of a headscratcher

I think that he's just specifically been aiming for a political career from the beginning; it's the same reason he briefly joined the military so he could get some photo ops of him in a uniform holding a rifle. Since that isn't the aim for most people who go into elite consulting, it makes sense that he'd end up with a different trajectory.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol the Chapo live show in Buffalo is happening during a huge COVID outbreak there lol
https://twitter.com/MichaelBenny/status/1460735299789758471?s=20
https://twitter.com/markpoloncarz/status/1460586164742676485?s=20

Ringo Roadagain posted:

they need to do a third season. not sure on what. I trust them to pick something good.

The dismantling of the USSR and eastern bloc seems like a good option

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

It will funny if one of them gets it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I bet Felix isn't vaxed.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nothus posted:

I bet Felix isn't vaxed.

Nah Felix got them all like pokemon

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
preemptive RIP Matt Christman, he's with the christ men now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ingesting Frank’s Red Hot helps prevent Covid

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Nothus posted:

I bet Felix isn't vaxed.

Felix's neverending stuffy nose is keeping the covid at bay.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nothus posted:

I bet Felix isn't vaxed.

Didnt he have a mini meltdown in an episode because Matt and will made him get vaxxed or he couldn't get into his gym without vaxx proof?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Didnt he have a mini meltdown in an episode because Matt and will made him get vaxxed or he couldn't get into his gym without vaxx proof?

No to both of those, it was about masks in gyms and it wasn't on the show

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1421528765386067968

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Felix was also completely right about that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Mask scolds are the worst people.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I simply had a N95 surgically implanted in my trachea

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If they invite Mark Ames to the show everyone will get COVID because of the eXile curse

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol the Chapo live show in Buffalo is happening during a huge COVID outbreak there lol
https://twitter.com/MichaelBenny/status/1460735299789758471?s=20
https://twitter.com/markpoloncarz/status/1460586164742676485?s=20

The dismantling of the USSR and eastern bloc seems like a good option

chapo is full covid is over at this point. they were part of the leftists that just didn't care after 2021 started.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Felix was also completely right about that
yeah, we already know the masks don't really stop you from getting it barring N95 or better so at this point mandating them while gyms are open is security theater. either the gyms and poo poo needed to stay closed or you have to accept that your mask mandates aren't really halting anything

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

my feeling is that as soon as everyone collectively accepted "you have to wear a mask to get into a restaurant, but once you get in you can take it off", the horse had left the barn as far as mask mandates go

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Judakel posted:

chapo is full covid is over at this point. they were part of the leftists that just didn't care after 2021 started.
so was like 99% of america. there's a massive disconnect between Online and irl. not saying it's right or wrong, nor a moral judgement, but you go Online and covid is breaking down america and everyone is dying left n right, and then you go offline and everyone is just hanging out at bars and parks n stuff, and traffic is 10x worse than before, and no one even thinks about it other than wearing cloth masks to go do grocery shopping bc its a state requirement.

mostly just everything is so stupid that everyone gave up

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

my feeling is that as soon as everyone collectively accepted "you have to wear a mask to get into a restaurant, but once you get in you can take it off", the horse had left the barn as far as mask mandates go

anyone who didn't like it quit their service job

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AnEdgelord posted:

No to both of those, it was about masks in gyms and it wasn't on the show

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1421528765386067968

I could have sworn there was some vax comment. Can someone go through that pdf that is transcripts of every chapo episode?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I could have sworn there was some vax comment. Can someone go through that pdf that is transcripts of every chapo episode?

No. You're imagining things.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Breadallelogram posted:

No. You're imagining things.

I was asking muscle wizard or whoever that weirdo who posts about chapo personal lives is

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i haven't listened to every episode but it would surprise me very much if one of them had admitted to not being vaccinated on air and it didn't come up itt

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Judakel posted:

I don't know about Will but Amber said she got the boost right before seeing Eternals and Matt spent almost an hour of one of his cushvlogs defending the vaccine.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

At most, he got peeved at a customer that was screaming at a clerk that took his mask out for a bit and how it was a vector for people to treat workers like poo poo, but that was during one of the streams.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Xaris posted:

so was like 99% of america. there's a massive disconnect between Online and irl. not saying it's right or wrong, nor a moral judgement, but you go Online and covid is breaking down america and everyone is dying left n right, and then you go offline and everyone is just hanging out at bars and parks n stuff, and traffic is 10x worse than before, and no one even thinks about it other than wearing cloth masks to go do grocery shopping bc its a state requirement.

mostly just everything is so stupid that everyone gave up

they're all wrong op. and matt will suffer needlessly

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Nothus posted:

I don't know about Will but Amber said she got the boost right before seeing Eternals and Matt spent almost an hour of one of his cushvlogs defending the vaccine.

yeah they're not anti vaxx, just covid is over

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Covid being over is effectively true if 99% of the country is pretending it is

Like going into a restaurant and taking off your mask to eat vs. thinking masks are a globalist oppression tool are both functionally pretending covid no longer exists

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wolfsheim posted:

Covid being over is effectively true if 99% of the country is pretending it is

Like going into a restaurant and taking off your mask to eat vs. thinking masks are a globalist oppression tool are both functionally pretending covid no longer exists

sadly reality is not democratic

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
idk if they're full 'covid is over', I think they're resigned to not being able to do anything about it. they did mention Florida's covid issues last ep.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

crepeface posted:

idk if they're full 'covid is over', I think they're resigned to not being able to do anything about it. they did mention Florida's covid issues last ep.

this is seemingly their views now.

in the spring though, when Biden's administration said no more masks and open it up, they were absolutely that slice of nyc people who were really mad at anyone who thought covid was still an issue. Felix particularly was on multiple podcasts making fun of people worried about covid

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
hey, just letting you all know that chim champo in their latest champlog revealed that they haven't given their chimp chumbo the HPV vaccine. it's really unfortunate that chumbo is in this situation, especially given that chumbo has a tendency to bite any males he views as effeminate, which essentially renders his extensive training in cosmetology useless after the two incidents in uptown salons.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

corn haver posted:

hey, just letting you all know that chim champo in their latest champlog revealed that they haven't given their chimp chumbo the HPV vaccine. it's really unfortunate that chumbo is in this situation, especially given that chumbo has a tendency to bite any males he views as effeminate, which essentially renders his extensive training in cosmetology useless after the two incidents in uptown salons.

.....................................................................................................WTF?? 😂😂

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
yeah that was bad. getting quoted by Wizard Master like that set me straight. i'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

corn haver posted: