Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah the post game dungeon and extra jobs were bad. also they gave you the extra jobs after the post game dungeon, when there was nothing left to do with them. otherwise the GBA version was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

yeah the post game dungeon and extra jobs were bad. also they gave you the extra jobs after the post game dungeon, when there was nothing left to do with them. otherwise the GBA version was pretty good.

actually you just gt necromancer after enuo, the other three show up once you get the fourth tablet. still ppontless. script is good though and you can play it on the can

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the chrono trigger post dungeon is cool because they don't even give you pointless over powered items they just give you flat out worse items than the normal game while you walk thru 2 hours of copy pasted content from earlier in the game to see schala in lavos's head edit: spoilers for a 30 year old jrpg and its 15 year oold remake

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the extra content in chrono trigger is th worst remake content ive ever seen

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

All you had to do was suplex the drat train, Sabin!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

This isnt extra content. Thos is the most increible remake from the genius's behind red dead 2, harnessing the full adrenochrome piwer of the x

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

script is good though and you can play it on the can

it's always interesting to see what they do with the script.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Are you on steam? You can fix the bad font by just renaming some files

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

Are you on steam? You can fix the bad font by just renaming some files

yeah. i play on a couple of different laptops, though, will i need to rename the files on all of them?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

yeah. i play on a couple of different laptops, though, will i need to rename the files on all of them?

Probably but it takes about 30 seconds. If you find the font files in t he local files you just move the en ones somewhere else, copy the jp ones and rename them to the en file name. There’s a short video guide on the community page, I’m not home rn so I can’t be too helpful

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
all you gotta do is slip the two en files into the aa folder for safekeeping, then copy the ja files and rename them en and you're done.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I used the font linked to by this steam guide, and the same files works for all the remasters. Everything else looks wrong to me.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
That’s even better, thanks

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got weirdly used to the bad font after the first four games, lol. does ff5 not have a run command except by using !Flee or w/e? I can't find it in the documentation. normally I don't run in final fantasy games but ffv has a bunch of weird situations that require it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ff4 uses 2 and 3 combined but I haven't started 5 yet so idk if that works

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I think the tutorial said both shoulder buttons and y? Haven’t used it yet but it’s something strange

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

I think the tutorial said both shoulder buttons and y? Haven’t used it yet but it’s something strange

the tutorial says L and R, lol. 2 and 3 is probably it, I'll check the next time Im doing weird poo poo, which probably be when I try to get Level 5 Death

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i was so confident i read and remembered the tutorial lol

this is my first FF with a job system and it's cool. a lot of stuff right away and a pretty quick atb system is making random battles pretty hectic even at the start.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
job system ftmfw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

jesus i hadn't remembered the timer on karnak castle being so fuckin brutal (and they made it easier i think - it doesn't tick down when you're in the menu anymore). how am i suppose to get 15 chests and 2 blue magic spells in 10 minutes?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
One hit victories like summons or level 3 black magic usually.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ClydeMandelin/status/1460080716444672000?t=SAQtaDwAA4HyR-Q1yABhhQ&s=19

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Who needs this "low T" edition when we have our own homemade Awful Fantasy 3.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i can't get these drat ghidras to cast level 4 gravija and if they don't do it soon, nobody will be a valid target to learn the spell.

e: oh, it worked, thanks imp magic

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 16, 2021

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
They only cast it when they die, and only if they’re not paralyzed at the time

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Caithness posted:

They only cast it when they die, and only if they’re not paralyzed at the time

also not if you use a phoenix down and not if they die to a monk counter attack. none of that was what was happening, though!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Time for the megamodded FF6 replay before the pixel remaster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I remember that for some reason I never beat FF7R so I booted it up again. This game kicks rear end

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
FF7R owns

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i got one of the "you have progressed this far into the game" achievements in final fantasy 5 and steam says that only 2.2 percent of players have gotten it. i may be playing these pixel remasters too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I remember that for some reason I never beat FF7R so I booted it up again. This game kicks rear end

100% this and the dlc rules too