Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They have improved -very- slightly in their female character design since the days they were pumping out a champion every 2 weeks and they all had the same model and same boob cups or window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
If needing more bodytypes is an issue I suggest more monsters and bring back uggo mundo instead of bara gorilla mundo
We can never have a masked champ that was so ((lorewise) like that means anything) ugly that they woul- URGOT URGOT NEVER REVEALED HIS FACE YESSSSS BOY

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I'm glad my beloved Singed will always be ugly as hell.
Someone probably said the same about swayne once now look at that malfboy

Waterfall Watcher fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 16, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nah they've shown young Singed in Arcane and he's still an ugly bastard.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Well if Arcane has been any indication he looks a fair bit like his in game look sans the armor/giant bottle so maybe they won't make him a generically hot guy with a twelve pack but I dunno

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

They showed only old Swayne in arcane though young swayne might as well be surfer swayne to riot.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

If they're making more monster champs they should be completely unfuckable, just absolute horrors.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I have already cost a goon a win

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Biplane posted:

If they're making more monster champs they should be completely unfuckable, just absolute horrors.

no such thing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Biplane posted:

People exist who are horny for Fiddlesticks.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Biplane posted:

Challenge accepted.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

RC Cola posted:

I have already cost a goon a win

Here's another dollar make sure you get another good game, go with the "kill secured" they never miss that one. :clint:

Biplane posted:

unfuckable does not exist. Humanity is all about possibility.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
To be truly unfuckable, you need a certain kind of personality.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Humanity...finds...a...wah.
people have probably hosed trees out there and I doubt trees have a personality and even if someone has poo poo worse bad personality like completely fantical dumbassery in an uncool way you can find people projecting new personalities unto them.

But staying on topic, why is Maokai's only good position,: [support] and how can he not be apart of debenair's new skinline it's like green as gently caress.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Been playing through Ruined King most of the morning, and it's honestly pretty good. It's a solidly mid-budget JRPG: the graphics are relatively simple but have the usual League style that makes them pop, the writing's solid, and it's got the majority of the modern League voice cast along for the ride (aside from Miss Fortune, who I think is being voiced by a discount Laura Bailey). The combat system's the standard FFX-style turn-based fare with cast times and recovery times for each action, but it's got StS-style indicators for when major attacks/buffs/debuffs are incoming, and an amusingly named "Lane System" where you can put your non-basic actions into one of three lanes (Speed for fast cast time but lower damage/healing/debuff numbers; Power for slow cast time but higher damage/healing/debuff numbers; and Balanced as the neutral option). There's a good amount of thought required for how to tackle enemy formations, especially once you start running into Hazards and Boons that provide debuffs/buffs respectively if your champs start their turn or perform an action inside a specific timing window. This is all fairly important for harder difficulties because of the fact that it takes a Dark Souls approach to overworld exploration: there's rest points where you can fully recover HP and MP, but doing so respawns any enemies in the area, so ending fights optimally feels important enough to make it worth trying to puzzle out the best approach to each encounter.

The champs are all translated pretty well from their League incarnations. I have Illaoi, Braum, and Yasuo so far, and they function how you'd expect: Illaoi is extremely beefy and summons autoattacking tentacles, but with the addition of some healing skills; Braum has Concussive Blows in a slightly altered form and can provide damage shields; and Yasuo uses his basic attack to make his mana-spending skills cost less and hit harder. There's a solid amount of character customization available, but it's not overwhelming. Their personalities are more-or-less intact, and they've got some fun character moments. The banter is something that was badly missing from the Ruination event, especially. Just having Illaoi and Braum chatting back and forth about their respective homes, or Braum calling Yasuo "brother" and getting into an awkward conversation, are great, and help to flesh out the characters a lot. There's nothing especially astonishing about the writing, and the plot so far is extremely straightforwards, but there's nothing cringeworthy or awful, either.

Overall, if you like JRPGs or League, I'd say it's worth a pickup, especially since it's priced very reasonably for what it is (about $40 CDN).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Vermain posted:

Overall, if you like JRPGs or League, I'd say it's worth a pickup, especially since it's priced very reasonably for what it is (about $40 CDN).

Cheers for this, if you don't mind me asking, what platform are you on? Think this might be a good switch game if it performs well.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Debonair leona has a really fun recall. Also it looks like Debonair Zed is linked to the Crime City Horror line?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

looking forward to when they make chogath a kpop boy

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

njsykora posted:

The Riot Direct is on now, Nunu's getting his own game.
https://twitter.com/LoLUKN/status/1460640303149461513

game looks pretty cool and all, but i'm kind of let down by not having one scene of Willump rolling the biggest snowball ever :(

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

Cheers for this, if you don't mind me asking, what platform are you on? Think this might be a good switch game if it performs well.

Yeah, I wanna know too, after being burned by recent performance on Switch releases

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Debonair leona has a really fun recall. Also it looks like Debonair Zed is linked to the Crime City Horror line?

Crime City Nightmare Darius is in the back of Debonair Draven's splash art so they must have merged the two lines.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Starsfan posted:

game looks pretty cool and all, but i'm kind of let down by not having one scene of Willump rolling the biggest snowball ever :(

Massively missed opportunity to make a Nunu and Willump themed Katamari game imo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm on PC. For context, my machine's a bit of a clunker - it's well over 6 years old by now - but the game runs perfectly fine. I've had a single point of slowdown during a boss intro cutscene, but it otherwise runs without incident.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

One of these days i'm going to have a nightmare/fever dream where i'm playing lol go in my league of legends room next to my tft chess board and my runeterra deck and then get sucked into my Riotablet where i'm transported into yordlemon the league of legends of runeterra's mon mmo game.
:perjury::perjury::perjury::perjury:
That laning thing in legends does sound fun doe

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Waterfall Watcher posted:

One of these days i'm going to have a nightmare/fever dream where i'm playing lol go in my league of legends room next to my tft chess board and my runeterra deck and then get sucked into my Riotablet where i'm transported into yordlemon the league of legends of runeterra's mon mmo game.

(brushing teeth with evangelion toothpaste) Hm?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Waterfall Watcher posted:

I, too, hate it when media companies make stuff based off their existing IPs.

Also I have been dreaming of a mon-based MMO (That isn't SMT Imagine) for years and if Riot of all companies makes one before anyone else I will be moderately annoyed.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

njsykora posted:

The hot boyification of League has claimed Malzahar, is no-one safe?
https://twitter.com/LoLUKN/status/1460639548396822535

That's the purpose of the Debonaire line, though.

What we really need to counterbalance debonaire is for gentleman to go full on monstrous transformation and give us gentleman Taric and Viego where they are done up as void creatures and follow it up with gentleperson MF where she's just a gun that shoots itself and spouts Proust.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They have improved -very- slightly in their female character design since the days they were pumping out a champion every 2 weeks and they all had the same model and same boob cups or window.

Lmao is that really what Diana used to look like?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Lmao is that really what Diana used to look like?

Its one of her skins, never her default

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Barudak posted:

Its one of her skins, never her default

But it was the skin of hers that had to be changed (the helmet was removed) because it looked too similar to Syndra.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellioning posted:

But it was the skin of hers that had to be changed (the helmet was removed) because it looked too similar to Syndra.

Laffo, that I didn't know.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Don't forget that tomorrow is preseason patch day. You can check the notes here, though the changes aren't ridiculously extensive compared to past seasons. Ultimate Spellbook will also be returning.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean there are new dragons that are going to be more likely to show up for the patch, so I think that'd be important to learn about.

I suppose that is still a smaller change than the existence of elemental dragons in the first place.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ruined King is further confirming that Illaoi is an extremely cool, good & strong character

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Assassin items got buffed. Laugh out loud ha.
Tank items actually got buffed and now I can finally play singed.
hidden tryndamere meta with chemtech dragons current health business.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Ruined King RPG is impressive because it features absolutely no playable league characters I like.

Hello Braum, welcome to the "you'll do" tier

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
What are the odds there's DLC to introduce other characters?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Bell_ posted:

What are the odds there's DLC to introduce other characters?

50%, either happens or it doesn't imo op

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

they nerfed demonic embrace :negative: :qq:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Arcane renewed my interest in this horrible game enough to come back for casual games, mostly ARAM.

What the hell happened to Twisted Treeline or that other 3v3 mode? imo 3v3 was always the better way to play since fights happened from the start and all the wannabee pros never leave SR.

Judging by my icons from ranked the last time I played seriously was in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Biplane posted:

they nerfed demonic embrace :negative: :qq:

They didn't nerf it, they changed it entirely, removing one of the few remaining means for mages to gain resistances. If you're a mage you build health and that's about it. At least Seraph's now heals you for mana spent and a few items have more Ability Haste.

Axiom Arc, the lethality item that gives you ultimate cooldown, is the dumbest poo poo and I hate it for eighty different reasons.