Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brotherwise/call-to-adventure-epic-origins

Boss Monster devs new game dropped about 13 hours ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Ughhhhh, the Blacklist Games Kickstarters all had a copy-paste style update citing vague delays and everyone feels like it's because the company is out of money...
That would be Blacklist Miniatures Series 1&2, Hour of Need, Dire Alliance, plus Contra, Buddy Cop, and the Street Masters reprint.

Here's just the update for Blacklist Miniatures Series 1:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/blacklist-miniatures-fantasy-series-1/posts/3362241

Fuuuuuuck, I have a lot tied up in their unfulfilled games so this would be a big blow.

It actually depends. The Street Masters and Dire Alliance projects I'm in on got a different update saying that their factory needed to clear space because of shipping delays so they're being moved to a warehouse the manufacturing company rented and the process of finding ship space can't start until that's finished. Which feels pretty specific to me.

They definitely have a bunch of projects outstanding and no obvious cash infusions coming in, so "they're out of money and we're all hosed" is a legitimate possibility, but I feel like it's a bit premature to leap to that conclusion. And honestly, if that does wind up happening I can only blame them so much - certainly I don't feel they should have bitten off as much as they have, but nobody predicted the current logistics clusterfuck, and it's such a clusterfuck.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

quote:

BLG ... Let's Review:

Contra -- Unfulfilled -- Unknown excuses incoming

Buddy Cop -- Unfulfilled -- Unknown excuses incoming

Aftermath (reprint) -- Unfulfilled -- Unknown excuses incoming

Hour of Need -- Unfulfilled - update excuse of some "things" we need to do

Dire Alliance -- Unfulfilled - storage excuse

Lasting Tales & FS2 -- Unfulfilled -- no update yet

Street Masters Aftershock -- Unfulfilled - storage excuse

Fantasy Series 1 -- Unfulfilled -- update excuse of some "things" we need to do

Myth & Goal -- Funding cancelled

Hell of a track record you have going as a company. Don't see much of a future.

Whelp. I DID get my Fantasy Series 1 copies, but looks FS2 and Lasting Tales are dead as a door nail.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

:blastu:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rollthedicegames/the-dungeon-master-deck:blastu:

My KS is live, feedback has been great and hitting almost 100 followers before launch felt pretty good.

I've passed this onto my DM to see if she's interested. Good job Goon!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

BTW, another insane TCG just dropped:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weebs/grand-archive-tcg
$527,000
461 backers
45 day (long) campaign

I really don't get it. Maybe all these TCGs grab the exact same backers dropping the exact same amounts of money.

Just another day at Legitimate Business Factory

I wonder how Nostalgix is going!

Is there any way to report these to KS for potential fraudulent activity?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

You can try with the "report" feature but I have a feeling KS doesn't give a poo poo if their 10% are going to be huge.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

rydiafan posted:

I see Goon project, I back Goon project.

Yep, that is how it’s done.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

rydiafan posted:

I see Goon project, I back Goon project.

Same. Good luck Bottom Liner!

Edit: if you can deliver on time this will be a 9th birthday present to the “main player” in my kids campaigns and he will loving love it.

Sanford fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 17, 2021

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

JazzFlight posted:

$527,000
461 backers
45 day (long) campaign

I really don't get it. Maybe all these TCGs grab the exact same backers dropping the exact same amounts of money.

I noticed the name "Seth H" in the comments between 3 of these TCG campaigns. And from his comments it sounds like he's a big spender, asking about how many boxes are being produced, if he can add more cases onto his pledge, what's the difference between first editions and retail boxes, etc.

edit: jesus christ, they have NFT cards. You should be allowed to report them just for that...

Desfore fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 17, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

I played OG Call to Adventure at Gen Con 2019 and had a /blast/, so I'll back this one I think.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just decided to back the Monsterpocalypse kickstarter, even though I should know better. Do I have space for another few boxes in my current storage area to hold it? No, absolutely not. Do I vaguely remember loving the game when it first came out, until the booster box based pricing model drove everyone away? Kinda.

I figure at worse, people like big robots and godzilla so at least this should see the table a few times.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just decided to back the Monsterpocalypse kickstarter, even though I should know better. Do I have space for another few boxes in my current storage area to hold it? No, absolutely not. Do I vaguely remember loving the game when it first came out, until the booster box based pricing model drove everyone away? Kinda.

I figure at worse, people like big robots and godzilla so at least this should see the table a few times.
I was thinking about backing it, but then I had a look at all the skills on the cards and thought that it would be too much of an analysis paralysis brain-burner for me and my opponent.
Having to remember all the bonuses/abilities of each monster and troop and building before moving/attacking would give me a headache. I either wish it was just a video game or they stripped some of the skills away.

That's why I kinda regretted backing the Batman Gotham City Chronicles game (which admittedly is worse because the skills are all just represented as icons on the character cards).

Maybe if it had started life as a cooperative game I could think about backing it since I could take my time thinking solo, but the mode they added for that seems tacked on.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 17, 2021

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

JazzFlight posted:

I was thinking about backing it, but then I had a look at all the skills on the cards and thought that it would be too much of an analysis paralysis brain-burner for me and my opponent.
Having to remember all the bonuses/abilities of each monster and troop and building before moving/attacking would give me a headache. I either wish it was just a video game or they stripped some of the skills away.

That's why I kinda regretted backing the Batman Gotham City Chronicles game (which admittedly is worse because the skills are all just represented as icons on the character cards).

Funnily the main complaint 1e grogs have about 2e Monpoc is how much of the dice management strategy they removed from the game and the resulting loss of tactical complexity. Skills also used to be icons on the Monpoc minis.

It’s a solidly medium crunch game and most people internalise the important abilities fairly quickly and the unit and monster cards are there to reference in front of you.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

That's a little how I felt. I don't know how much it'll really get on the table, but I love monster movies and painting mini's. So, this is probably the best opportunity to mix the two.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What have people ordered for Monster Apocalypse? There's so many different packs and I just brought Lords of Ragnarok so i'm 50/50 on MA so far...

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

For right now, I'm just commiting to the core + 4 player expansion pledge. I'm definitely gonna upgrade in the PM, but I dunno what addons to get, yet. If it were just the Monster Faction packs, I'd probably be All-in, but they added the extra map packs & unit/building packs that I don't really care for...

If I had to rate the individual faction boxes: I love the Fish + Junk Robot box, the Ninja + 8th dimension box, and the Gorilla + Mecha Kaiju box. I like the Martians, but I don't really care for the Giant Animal half; I like the Mecha Dragon, and kinda like the Drill guys ( two headed guy looks weird, but he might be cool in-hand); and the last box seems to be a leftover mix of monsters?

Desfore fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 17, 2021

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Once I saw they added my beloved Martians, I knew I had to get them. I am in for the core set, the Martians/whoever box, the Fish guys box, and the more troops box for the Martian grunts (which is a pain, but guess I have too)

Definitely in too deep, but at least lil monster statues won't be the worst thing to have.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

I didn't see anyone post this yet, so Atmosfear (Or Nightmare in the US) is having a 30th anniversary reprint on Kickstarter. The weird part is, they're not going to include any form of physical media for the video to go along with the game. They promise to have downloadable versions available, but the intention is to just put the videos on Vimeo, and have you stream it. Also, it's just the original Gatekeeper video & the Baron Samedi expansion so far, even though the page has a picture showing off every host in the series.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/183490383/atmosfear-video-board-game-30th-anniversary-edition

(also, it's shipping from Australia. So beware shipping costs in the future.)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Quick update for Blacklist Games from one of the 4 guys who work there (Scottie Mick):

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2760357/article/38868241#38868241

quote:

Hey folks, wanted to chime in with a personal message regarding the recent "panic" in various comments. This isn't any sort of official statement, just me trying to provide context where I'm able to. I've seen all sorts of conspiracy theories posted, including that I've departed Blacklist Games. Well rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated 😉
I'm still here! I've just been working on the upcoming Showcase video (which we posted about on social media) airing Nov 20 these last few weeks; it's been a big endeavor that's consumed most of my time and I'm STILL working on it.
Blacklist Games is still here too, still making games for both direct-to-retail/clients and future crowdfunding projects (again, watch our showcase on Saturday 🙂 ). People are understandably jumping to conclusions regarding the messaging in the last few updates since not every detail is explained, but that's unfortunately the reality of inter-business politics: you can't divulge internal company info to the public, especially when dealing with other companies. I know I'm the one who often "speaks" for the company as I'm the marketing guy, but I don't actually have the full details myself to explain (and again, isn't something I'd even be authorized to discuss if I had) but rest assured it's mostly logistical in nature and is basically another bump in the road to finish off a year FULL of bumps in the road. Some stuff like DA and Contra remains in China because of a warehouse move caused by the crappy 2021 manufacturing/shipping problems, and stuff like FS1 and HON is a mixture of different logistical elements stemming from more 2021 nonsense preventing us from getting things moving until they're taken care of, which from what I understand is just taking much longer than anticipated and might bleed into December/January, thus the updates setting people's expectations for early 2022 in case.
Again, I get the "vagueness" in the updates sucks, but a company simply doesn't make posts detailing every minute detail of operations, especially in this climate. Crowdfunding updates are there to provide general "it's fulfilling by X" info or "it's delayed again" info, with as much additional information that should or can be provided to the public, and as much as it sucks to not be able to list out every behind-the-scenes element or repeatedly announce delays in a year full of them, that's what must be done as this year has wreaked havoc on many companies' operations; some companies have been able to navigate the choppy waters better (or at least, give the illusion of it) and some, especially the smaller ones like us (remember, we're 4 full-timers only), have just been adjusting on the fly to adapt as best we can to the ever-changing reality and unexpected elements that come with them.
As much as some people would like to have you believe, there is no reason right now to assume you will not get your stuff. It's just taking A LOT longer than ANY of us want, which sucks. I know my posting this won't calm those who want some sort of official statement from management on the various projects, but hands are tied so please know everyone at BLG's busting their butts to get things moving asap because things like FS1 going a year over projections has caused me and the others to lose sleep just like the rest of you.
Ehh...? I mean, at least he's not running for the hills just yet?
I just want to get a couple of the unfulfilled projects to my doorstep, at least just 1 or 2. I bought Dungeon & Lasers terrain back when I had already pledged for these minis, so I'd like to be able to use it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Infinitum posted:

Just another day at Legitimate Business Factory

I wonder how Nostalgix is going!

This really isn't very unusual. I mean, by this logic, the Critical Role animated series is a scam.

Not saying those games are Totally Legitimate Products, but having a massive spike on day 1 and much more modest returns for the following days is how Kickstarter works.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JazzFlight posted:

Quick update for Blacklist Games from one of the 4 guys who work there (Scottie Mick):

I just want to get a couple of the unfulfilled projects to my doorstep, at least just 1 or 2. I bought Dungeon & Lasers terrain back when I had already pledged for these minis, so I'd like to be able to use it.

The bit where he says they have other crowdfunding projects to announce should be a red flag visible from space to most people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

$527,000
461 backers
45 day (long) campaign

I think a lot of it is those magic investor types who loyally follow that Rudy guy from youtube and just back all of these to hold on to in case the game eventually blows up.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Jedit posted:

The bit where he says they have other crowdfunding projects to announce should be a red flag visible from space to most people.
Yeah, I know.
What sucks is that they had a hit on their hands with the fantasy minis and just didn't want to get pigeonholed into that so they launched the horror minis which were way less appealing/usable (based on like Universal Monsters-style only) and then the Myth & Goal figures which looked extremely bland. When people were criticizing how cheap and lifeless the team miniatures looked, Brady got in the comments to blindly defend his artistic style instead of listening to backer feedback.

If they had focused on just being a fantasy (and maybe sci-fi) minis company, they could have had a reliable $1 million+ campaign a year.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

All this and yet they’re still one of two companies putting out new Kickstarters while hellaciously behind on prior ones.

The other one is Wyrmwood, who is producing videos multiple times a week talking about the exact ways in which their very expensive table production machine is hosed and what the next steps are to fix it.

Blacklist is “I dunno, THINGS, man, like we can’t tell you cause it’s too sikkrit”

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Jedit posted:

To play Devil's Advocate for a second, maybe they're crowdfunding an online storefront to sell STL files of the minis from Aftershock and their other in-house non-IP minis.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zurai posted:

This really isn't very unusual. I mean, by this logic, the Critical Role animated series is a scam.

Have you seen an episode yet? Check mate :smuggo:

Arcsech posted:

The other one is Wyrmwood, who is producing videos multiple times a week talking about the exact ways in which their very expensive table production machine is hosed and what the next steps are to fix it.

To be fair their processes seem to just take a while due to the nature of the beast, and they're doing the manufacturing themselves. They're also pretty good about being open to criticism, and they seem to be pretty aware of their backer expectations.

The morticing machine is becoming something of a white elephant from the upkeep and how much it seems to be bottle necking table production.

I'm also in for a fair bit on their recent Dice + Hexagon Tile KS, and feel like the communication is there.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Eternally baffled by anybody that sees foil rares as a marketing box worth checking, but I guess growing up in the 90s built up my immunity to that complete bullshit.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Infinitum posted:

To be fair their processes seem to just take a while due to the nature of the beast, and they're doing the manufacturing themselves. They're also pretty good about being open to criticism, and they seem to be pretty aware of their backer expectations.

The morticing machine is becoming something of a white elephant from the upkeep and how much it seems to be bottle necking table production.

I'm also in for a fair bit on their recent Dice + Hexagon Tile KS, and feel like the communication is there.

I feel their point was that Wyrmwood is doing the whole "run multiple Kickstarters while behind" thing way better with how transparent about everything they're being, not that Wyrmwood was also doing it badly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah that's what I get for 3am posting.

Wyrmwood bumblefuckery is at least amusing to watch, as they're very open and honest about it.
Their Wyrmlife YouTube channel is unironically a good watch

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
A bit of a lurker here but trying to help out a friend boost their campaign setting. Is it okay if I drop their kickstarter here instead of the creator?

It's to develop a setting/modifications to the Savage Worlds system.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

senrath posted:

I feel their point was that Wyrmwood is doing the whole "run multiple Kickstarters while behind" thing way better with how transparent about everything they're being, not that Wyrmwood was also doing it badly.

Yep, it was this. While I’m not thrilled with how behind Wyrmwood is, they’ve done a good job communicating why and what they’re doing about it.

Admittedly this is easier if you’re doing the manufacturing vs waiting for a cargo ship halfway around the world. But like, they’ve been very vague and given wrong info several times. They say they can’t give more info because it’s not professional to give out info about partners, but either the shipper straight up lied (almost certainly) and don’t deserve professionalism, or Blacklist did.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Lateinshowing posted:

A bit of a lurker here but trying to help out a friend boost their campaign setting. Is it okay if I drop their kickstarter here instead of the creator?

It's to develop a setting/modifications to the Savage Worlds system.

:justpost:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Arcsech posted:

Yep, it was this. While I’m not thrilled with how behind Wyrmwood is, they’ve done a good job communicating why and what they’re doing about it.

Admittedly this is easier if you’re doing the manufacturing vs waiting for a cargo ship halfway around the world. But like, they’ve been very vague and given wrong info several times. They say they can’t give more info because it’s not professional to give out info about partners, but either the shipper straight up lied (almost certainly) and don’t deserve professionalism, or Blacklist did.

Unfortunately, most retailers/creators are having to kiss logistics companies asses all day long right now to even get their stuff moving. Everything is so behind now that logistics companies are cherry-picking who gets priority, breaking contracts, or up charging companies ridiculously for warehouse holding costs because they don’t have drivers. I can see how Blacklist doesn’t want to say anything I’ll about logistics partners for fear of them saying “yeah, gently caress you, back of the line.”

That’s not an excuse for not being transparent about the actual state of things. Share vessel names, ports, and some sort. If product has arrived but you are waiting in queue for unloading or drivers, or whatever just say that. Handwaving it as 2021 challenges isn’t reassuring.

On a different note, Final Girl started shipping. Mine arrives today!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lawlicaust posted:

On a different note, Final Girl started shipping. Mine arrives today!
Even though it takes up more space than just being in one big box, the way they've designed the expansion boxes is extremely cool and creative.
They're each like separate VHS movie boxes with one side being a killer and the other a location. You actually remove the front or back cover that's attached by magnets to serve as the playmat component. All the components needed for that element of the game (cards, tokens, etc.) are under that cover side in a removable plastic insert.

Super easy to set up and play and it looks like there's a ton of variety since you pick one of 11 girls + 5 killers + 5 locations. They're launching a second wave campaign early next year with 5 more killers/locations and a "big box" to hold everything.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

They're launching a second wave campaign early next year with 5 more killers/locations and a "big box" to hold everything.

January 12th. They're also soliciting suggestions for Season 3; I've put down Suspiria.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In case anyone is interested in some new Planar shenanigans for 5E or Cypher, little over a day left on this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/planebreakerexplore-the-planes-for-5e

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jedit posted:

They're also soliciting suggestions for Season 3

Where at?

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
Taken from the Kickstarter:

Aether Adrift is an adventurous sci-fi Tabletop RPG set on a world of floating islands inspired by games like Megaman Legends, Cave Story and Spiral Knights. It requires the Savage Worlds Core Rulebook to play.

Link to it is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/demonskunkstudios/aether-adrift-rpg-for-savage-worlds/description

Hope it looks interesting! Just trying to get them over the top so they can work on this in earnest.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Hit my funding goal yesterday and looking over the metrics quite a few goons backed, so huge thanks to everyone here for sharing and supporting. Definitely didn't expect to hit the goal in less than 2 days as an unknown with basically no marketing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Their discord. Note that they haven't told anyone what's in S2 yet, so they're not offering feedback.