Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monster Hunter Rise here. Although there's still 2 months left, Sony or Microsoft if you're listening, bows your chance to step it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doom Ancient Aliens here.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ocarina of time. wonderful game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Evil Eagle posted:

Doom Ancient Aliens here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4yLckVpCS0

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
34. Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Rite of Passage, 99% Completion, Echoes of the Past, The Age Makers, The Dragon and the Prince, Path of Fear, Two Graves, The Wrathful God)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

my goty is guilty gear strive. i also hope to play and beat metroid dread before 2022.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Heretic

9/10

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
my GOTY is DQXI:S Definitive Edition on Xbox Series X, literally the greatest game ever made on the greatest system ever made

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heretic 2 is much better

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im saving my goty for tyhe impys

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

beat mvc2 arcade mode, the boss isnt as bs as some other fighting games. unrelated but my team was cable, storm and doom

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Beat pokemon let's go eevee

It's fine. Felt like putting myself in a pokemon mood before D/P release and remembered I stopped Lets Go at 6 badges so I picked it back up. Mostly played in handheld so that I could stuck to buttons

Might do the pokedex since it's so small

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

my GOTY is DQXI:S Definitive Edition on Xbox Series X, literally the greatest game ever made on the greatest system ever made
My GOTY is Super Mario Bros. 3.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Beat Greedfall. Went in with low expectations, but ended up really engrossed by the end. It felt like a much better Dragon Age: Inquisition

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Final Fantasy II: Pixel Remaster

They made this a billion times easier than the NES version so you don't have to do the horseshit weirdo levelling stuff to make progress. The final dungeon still has a bunch of monsters that instakill you when their hits land, though, which sucks.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Final Fantasy II: Pixel Remaster

They made this a billion times easier than the NES version so you don't have to do the horseshit weirdo levelling stuff to make progress. The final dungeon still has a bunch of monsters that instakill you when their hits land, though, which sucks.

i think the pixel remasters are probably the best versions of 2 and 3. they leave in the weirdness of the NES games but quietly make enough subtle changes to make them actually playable.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I beat Unpacking

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

i think the pixel remasters are probably the best versions of 2 and 3. they leave in the weirdness of the NES games but quietly make enough subtle changes to make them actually playable.

breaking 2 is easier on the old mobile port but pixel remaster is probably a better game overall, it is very annoying that there is no instakill protection from the coeurls

the pixel remaster of 3 made it one of my top games in the whole series though

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I'm hardly, like, a scholar in the different ports of FF2, but this felt like probably the best I could imagine ff2 being.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

same. I want to give my goty to re8 but it'll have to be a close 2nd place to dqXI. such good gaming experiences in different genres it's unfair to judge the two against each other

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm hardly, like, a scholar in the different ports of FF2, but this felt like probably the best I could imagine ff2 being.

i bounced off of it on every version i've played except the pixel remake one.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ff2 is garbage no mater how you play it folks. and ff3 is WORse

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I really like the GBA version of FF2 and am excited to play pixel!FF2 after I finish 1

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Star Fox 64 - All Medals

One of the sickest games ever. I didn't understand medals as a kid so it feels good to do this for the first time ever. Plus the stupid as balls multiplayer mode that unlocks when you get the expert medals is hoip esp. with being able to play online with switch. goty

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

SteamWorld Dig 2. Decent fun for the 4 hours it took me, but I can't imagine taking the time time to find 100% of the artifacts just to unlock a challenge cave.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Vadun posted:

SteamWorld Dig 2. Decent fun for the 4 hours it took me, but I can't imagine taking the time time to find 100% of the artifacts just to unlock a challenge cave.
You should do it.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
35. Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2

Mamkute fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 16, 2021

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Circle of the Moon - Magician Mode

This game loving rules, I immediately started a Fighter playthrough afterwards and am three bosses in already. These extra modes are everything I'd hoped for!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mamkute posted:

35. Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2

mods?!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Simply Simon posted:

Circle of the Moon - Magician Mode

This game loving rules, I immediately started a Fighter playthrough afterwards and am three bosses in already. These extra modes are everything I'd hoped for!
I wish more games had tried CotM's extra modes. I've always thought the Dark Souls games could get a bunch of replayability by unlocking weird gimmick class/modes on subsequent playthroughs.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done
10. Episode of Yuffie
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
12. Halo 3 Co-Op (replay)
13. Halo 4 Co-Op
14. Yakuza 4
15.The Great Ace Attorney Adventures
16. Quake
17. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
18. The Punisher (1993) (Genesis)
19. Wild Guns - Annie
20. Actraiser
21. Gitaroo Man Lives
22. Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve
23. Metroid Dread
24. Luigi's Mansion
25. Metroid: Zero Mission
26. Ultrakill

Or what's out of it at least. I didn't start on Episode 2 yet because I want to wait until the full thing is out, but I can barely wait for most of this thing to be out.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
In my Metroidvania quest I beat Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Hard on a fresh playthrough.

I think you're supposed to play through Hard on NG+ because at the start it's downright brutal. It gets easier over time with some peaks like the second Zangetsu fight where he gets an attack that outright kills you in one shot unless you counter it in a specific way using a Shard you might or might not have or by running the gently caress away which is much harder said than done because it's a black hole. I probably won't be attempting Nightmare difficulty.

Great game. Didn't 100% yet but I might get back into it at some point. For now I started a randomizer run for fun.

Gotta decide which Metroidvania to play next now.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

IGgy IGsen posted:

Gotta decide which Metroidvania to play next now.

i assume you've already played all the good metroids, and hollow knight?

shantae and the seven sirens is a pretty decent one. uhhhh steam world dig 2 probably qualifies as one. momodora 3......

uh, bunny must die?? that one's.... got a lot going on. and a second play through with a completely different character.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

b_d posted:

i assume you've already played all the good metroids, and hollow knight?

shantae and the seven sirens is a pretty decent one. uhhhh steam world dig 2 probably qualifies as one. momodora 3......

uh, bunny must die?? that one's.... got a lot going on. and a second play through with a completely different character.

Yeah, I played the Metroids (except for the 3DS Metroid 2 remake) and Hollow Knight (Which is one of the best Metroidvanias of all time)
I got a few of the Momodora and Shantae games and they're on my list of games I wanna play too.
So far I played:

Super Metroid (I don't even know, I played this so many times)
Hollow Knight (second playthrough)
AM2R (first playthrough)
Metroid Dread (first playthrough)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (first playthrough)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (second playthrough)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (second playthrough, 100% for some reason)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Second Playthrough, Hard Mode)

If my old DS wasn't broken I'd play the DS Castlevanias too. I could emulate them but for now I think I'm fine with something that's not a Castlevania or similar game just to mix it up a little. I got plenty in my Steam library. Maybe I'll give Environmental Station Alpha another shot. Bounced off of that previously.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

IGgy IGsen posted:

Maybe I'll give Environmental Station Alpha another shot. Bounced off of that previously.

huh i heard this game's name a hundred times but i never knew it's a m'ania. i gotta check that out.

oh i forgot to mention Yoku's Island Express before. highly recommend this one.

also, realized the momodora i played is Reverie Under the Moonlight, which is not the same as 3. i heard 1-3 are good but i can't vouch for em since i haven't played em.

do you have any favorites i may not have played? ive played most of the castles and the troids and the ories, plus all the ones already mentioned. edit: i guess you already listed everything but hey just in case.

big deal fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 17, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ah also An Untitled Story. one of the really old games by Maddy Thorson of towerfall and celeste fame. very rough around the edges but well worth a look.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

also how come there isn't a metroid vania that's megaman x.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

ah also An Untitled Story. one of the really old games by Maddy Thorson of towerfall and celeste fame. very rough around the edges but well worth a look.

That game is cool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

also how come there isn't a metroid vania that's megaman x.

mega man as a metroidvania would be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ll recommend Timespinner and Iconoclasts, both of which I really enjoyed.