Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately I'm now disappointed when they announce a release I'm interested in but it's not a UHD. In this case I already own Miller's Crossing so I don't think I'll be double-dipping unless it's for a UHD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for Miller's Crossing. Obviously it would be more exciting if it were a 4k UHD, but it'll be nice to own a better copy than my DVD.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
As someone who has not owned Miller's Crossing yet... nice.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I bought 4 or 5 original (and full size) odorama cards on ebay a couple years ago I'd check there

e: quoting so you see

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is there any way to order more Odorama cards from the Polyester release?

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 15, 2021

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I watched The Mikado and I gotta be honest, I was annoyed during every scene that didn't feature the Lord High Executioner.

That's the way with most G&S operas. There's one character who is the Actually Funny one and then everyone else just does shenanigans.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/rotch/status/1459916365574377476

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This needed Sanshiro Sugata 3 to be legit.

Would have settled for The Idiot: The Kurosawa Cut too tbh.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Dodes2kaden

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ran reboot ("Ran")

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Red Beard vs. Bluebeard

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Heads up for anyone else who bought the Godzilla set:

https://twitter.com/KyoeiToshi/status/1460321753062903809

Thankfully mine seem to be ok, but there are quite a few people mentioning their disks getting dirty. It seems like its possible to clean the glue off and the discs will still play.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Thundersword238 posted:

Thankfully mine seem to be ok, but there are quite a few people mentioning their disks getting dirty. It seems like its possible to clean the glue off and the discs will still play.

Yeah I’ve noticed this on my set but it was only affecting the Godzilla Raids Again/King Kong vs Godzilla disc so I didn’t worry too much.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
It happened to the first set I've had.

I honestly hate the pockets design that these boutiques use for their sets (Gamera from Arrow, I look at you) since it's a failure point. So I just store these sets lying down to be safe.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I store mine lying down anyway, because that thing is such a loving pain in the rear end to fit on a shelf and that's the best I could do.

Honestly I would probably buy another one if the rereleased it in normal packaging

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cool, thankfully only 3 of my discs have a bit of glue on the edges across both sets. Just pulled the discs out for now since I like having the two boxes standing up. Probably gunna buy some jewel cases to keep them in. An old cd book will have to do for now :barf:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I’ve been meaning to pick up some replacement cases from Casetopia anyway to make some DVDs match the blus on my shelf, guess tires is as good a reason as any to pull the trigger on that shipping cost

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

You know the best way to prevent packaging mishaps like this? binders

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Thundersword238 posted:

e: Wrong thread. Clicked quote and it took me here, not the physical media thread. Sorry!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Just checked, my Disc 8 had slipped down and gotten glued.

Has anybody mocked up some cover inserts for the individual discs so I can transfer them to regular cases and have them looking nice with the rest of my Criterions?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
edit 2: I suppose there are dual dialogues going on about the same exact topic in these two threads so restoring the content since it actually seems to belong here more than there! haha
----

Huh. Just checked mine, all discs where they belonged but with the lightest of brushing touch, the discs slip around and under like this

That doesn't seem good lol

Sniep fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 16, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Whatever's in the top right is the one that slid down for my set. I've been keeping it vertically stored since I noticed that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i bought more Arrow discs during this sale than i did Criterions

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

also, i feel like criterion cover art has gotten a bit lazy in the last 18 months

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

also, i feel like criterion cover art has gotten a bit lazy in the last 18 months

K

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, it's just cool that the Arrow releases give you the original poster art as well as new comissioned art, and that gesture stands out in a year where we got K, an uninspired holographic Uncut Gems cover which I will absolutely double-dip on, and some rather bland cell-shaded looking stuff, plus whatever that One Night In Miami cover is trying to be

Oh well, at least The Piano looks spiff

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I have fallen down the boutique blu ray etsy rabbithole and found this set of Godzilla cases that someone has put together: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1087634778/custom-godzilla-collection-showa-era-blu

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Is there a chance Criterion is going to address this?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lumbermouth posted:

the boutique blu ray etsy rabbithole

The what

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Custom labels n cases iirc

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Is there a chance Criterion is going to address this?

No.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

I have fallen down the boutique blu ray etsy rabbithole and found this set of Godzilla cases that someone has put together: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1087634778/custom-godzilla-collection-showa-era-blu

Clicked through some related items and LMAO

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FancyMike posted:

Clicked through some related items and LMAO

incredible. new capital frontiers...out of thin air!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm surprised they include a copy of the movie, I figured it was just the case n slip

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm surprised they include a copy of the movie, I figured it was just the case n slip

You can get away with a whole lot on Etsy until someone finally notices

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MacheteZombie posted:

I figured that Red Notice is just not coming out physically and that listing is for completionist lunatics like us.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Heads up for those of us getting the Citizen Kane 4k: disc 1 has contrast issues and can be sent in for replacement. The 4k uhd disc is fine.

https://twitter.com/criterion/status/1462906173049430021?s=21

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

maybe i'll wait

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If anything you should buy now! Get that $10 gift cert!!

Lol on requiring people to mail their blurays to criterion

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Kind of glad I procrastinated on pre ordering, because I doubt they'd ship a replacement disc internationally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

If anything you should buy now! Get that $10 gift cert!!

Lol on requiring people to mail their blurays to criterion

Less than a $1 to get a $10 certificate isn't a bad deal, honestly. Almost want to ship the disc with a stamp glued to it.

I preordered from B&N and it seems like my shipment was returned to them on Monday, so I'm guessing it's only for the people who somehow got an early copy. Not dissimilar from how if you preordered 2001, you got the version with a missing fadeout at the end of the Russians scene - but anyone who bought it in-store or ordered after release date got the corrected version.

Big difference is that Criterion is replacing it and compensating for it, which Warner never did.