Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Nicholas Hammond, and the Emissary of Hell or no sale.

So who's the last antagonist gonna be? I can't imagine they're doing a Spidey vs the Fabulous Five film, there's gotta be a sixth in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Big Wheel

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Sentinel Red posted:

So who's the last antagonist gonna be? I can't imagine they're doing a Spidey vs the Fabulous Five film, there's gotta be a sixth in there somewhere.

It’s Mysterio. There is no Dr Strange or loving up the multiverse or other villains or too many Spider-Man. It’s just one long trip of Mysterio loving with Peter because he’s not actually dead.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Great, so it looks like we're not getting anything from the "Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark" universe! :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't like the Octavius name joke. Complete thud there.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

bessantj posted:

Great, so it looks like we're not getting anything from the "Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark" universe! :(

Spider-Man didn't kill any villains there, the production did

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

It's going be Venom.

:v: And then the internet will be torn as they can't hate Tom Hardy.

The side plot of this movie will be Tom Hardy fighting Topher Grace.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Yeah, like alliterative names aren't somehow instantly funny, Peter Parker. Unless they cut a scene where he introduces himself as Doctor Octopus... which would feel completely out of character for that version of the character.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Arist posted:

Really hope that and the Scooby Doo stuff weren't meant to be the best lines.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Come to think of it, a lot of Cumberbatch's lines sound weird to me. Not sure whether it's the wavering accent, strange delivery or lazy edits for the trailer but something definitely isn't right.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Come to think of it, a lot of Cumberbatch's lines sound weird to me. Not sure whether it's the wavering accent, strange delivery or lazy edits for the trailer but something definitely isn't right.
There are a lot of edits in the audio of the trailer

Like that whole Willem Dafoe dialog sounds cut together

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It always annoyed me how spider mans villains always die in the previous movies ( and I guess Far from home as well). Peter's always been the type of guy to do everything possible to not prevent his villains from dying. So having a spidey actively trying to save the villains from their fate in the other movies is completely up my alley.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 17, 2021

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The main thing I took from the trailer is that Strange could do a lot worse than to take MJ on as his apprentice.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gaz-L posted:

I assume the red Ock arms are a Stark-tech upgrade he gets when MJ and Ned inevitably let him out to go save Pete from Norman et al

Please let the post-credit scene be Strange casting a spell to make everyone either forget or never mention Tony Stark again goddamn

Sentinel Red posted:

Excuse me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
according to the leaks the last antagonist is no one. there's seriously only five villains.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I hope the final "what the gently caress" line is reserved to Wong coming out from a portal and finding out whatever mess Peter and Strange left.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Desperado Bones posted:

I hope the final "what the gently caress" line is reserved to Wong coming out from a portal and finding out whatever mess Peter and Strange left.

That would be pretty great.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Blockhouse posted:

according to the leaks the last antagonist is no one. there's seriously only five villains.

Strange is the sixth villain.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The sixth villain is the friends we made along the way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Having just seen Shang Chi I'm very curious to figure out what the hell Wong's been up to lately. They should give him a miniseries on Disney+ just bouncing through the films like Coulson in Phase 1.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The sixth villain is Tony Stark. Duh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
channeling rhyno the sixth villain is ned

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Wasn't Nacho from Better Call Saul supposed to be Scorpion at some point?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe it's blasphemous for me to say this as a Spider-Man fan but I don't really care about having six villains just for the sake of having six villains. As if we're checking off a box.

The appeal of the original Sinister Six story was a group of villains teaming up to put Spider-Man through an impossible gauntlet. The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon upped the ante by having him fight them simultaneously (and evening the odds by giving him a mysterious edge with the symbiote). But if the movie is going to have a bunch of heroes and villains and reformed villains in a big ol' brawl then the number doesn't matter. Do 4 on 4 and have them exchange dance partners midway through, whatever.

Having said that, I will be impressed if someone actually says "Sinister Six" in the film. Knowing Simmons' JJJ is in it makes that more likely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Omnomnomnivore posted:

He played Mac Gargan in Homecoming.

He was one of the buyers on the ferry.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Yeah I feel like that appearance is going to end up like Curt Connors in the Raimi trilogy, where he appears but never as the villain

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

Maybe it's blasphemous for me to say this as a Spider-Man fan but I don't really care about having six villains just for the sake of having six villains. As if we're checking off a box.

Yes but tell Sony that.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

let Peter talk to a spider in the stinger plz

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I feel like that appearance is going to end up like Curt Connors in the Raimi trilogy, where he appears but never as the villain

Somewhere in the MCU Samuel Stern is dying of terrible brain cancer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

let Peter talk to a spider in the stinger plz

this frame for frame would indeed be fantastic

It’d fit better on spider-verse 2, tho

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I still think the best post credits would be Venom in SF talking about how he’s going to meet “the bug” and it’s just Ant-Man, with a sweaty, exasperated Tom Hardy saying, “I think this is the wrong bug.”

Happitoo posted:

It’s Mysterio. There is no Dr Strange or loving up the multiverse or other villains or too many Spider-Man. It’s just one long trip of Mysterio loving with Peter because he’s not actually dead.

Maybe there’s a version of Mysterio that shows up and steals stuff from Strange to learn actual magic and not need an army of drones for illusions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it is bizarre how leaky No Way Home has been not even just compared to the usual MCU productions but even compared to the other two Spider-Man movies

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's about the same as any other MCU movie, it's just getting more play than rumors usually do because... I don't know, I guess the internet is mostly not aware that Tobey Maguire loving sucks?

(It's because nostalgia.)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s Spider-Man, he’s arguably the most popular superhero other than maybe Batman, so there’s a lot more interest. Plus this is probably the last Holland Spider-Man.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

It's about the same as any other MCU movie, it's just getting more play than rumors usually do because... I don't know, I guess the internet is mostly not aware that Tobey Maguire loving sucks?

(It's because nostalgia.)

I dunno, is it really the same? Knowing all the villains like a year in advance before any kind of official announcement, all the surprise cameos already being out in the wild, trailer leaks, leaks of people having seen advance trailers, there's costume fitting pohotos for the new Green Goblin suit out there - not just concept art but full on A Stuntman In A Suit pictures - etc etc etc.

Definitely feels more extensive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its also just a LOT of stuff. Like bringing in actors and characters from two previous non MCU franchises is a big deal as far as casting news and spoilers go. And they're a much bigger part of things than like post credits scene.

No Way Home feels like the biggest concept MCU project since Endgame.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Sanschel posted:

Maybe there’s a version of Mysterio that shows up and steals stuff from Strange to learn actual magic and not need an army of drones for illusions.

Or it's like Ultimate Mysterio where he's tired of getting his rear end kicked so he goes to another universe to fight a younger/stupider Spider-Man and still fails. So what I'm saying is Far From Home Mysterio is Toby's Mysterio and he actually did come from another universe.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Happitoo posted:

So what I'm saying is Far From Home Mysterio is Toby's Mysterio and he actually did come from another universe.

While we're idly speculating, wouldn't it be great if that Mysterio was played by Bruce Campbell? We know that he'll cameo in Dr. Strange 2, why not show up a little early?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm basing this off nothing other than gut/it'd be cool, but I'm expecting a hell turn from Tobey and he's the sixth villain. Again though, nothing to base it on but it'd be interesting at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Blockhouse posted:

it is bizarre how leaky No Way Home has been not even just compared to the usual MCU productions but even compared to the other two Spider-Man movies

Eternals had a full plot leak 6+ months ago.